Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Omnipotent 2. Sandboxey type RPG. Reserves welcome, but no guarantees
Old 12 Jul 2009, 14:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Omnipotent 2. Sandboxey type RPG. Reserves welcome, but no guarantees

About a year ago, I ran sandbox RP in which the players took on the role of gods among mortals, stealing ideas partially from the Daedric princes of Oblivion and ideas from elsewhere. The game seemed quite popular at the time, with plenty of people requesting to join in the sequel if I ever got round to it. The problem was, what with year 13 my workload was such that I didn't have the time to run a sequel and it became forgotten. However, if there is interest, (and I know of a couple of member who recently expressed interest via PM) then I will be willing to start a new one up-and don't worry. I've got so much time on my hands now that I'm confident I could run this and a mafia game at the same time. The stories would be different enough.

One thing to note, is that the new game would be separate from the old one. I will probably write something at the start about the previous world being wiped out so we're starting on a clean slate with everyone, and I will have to think a fair bit about how game mechanics are going to work in this time round, Flaws were noted with the last one, so I will probably read through the old thread to see what needs altering.

Edit: It seems the main problem was me. I was lacklustre on account of school work and stuff. But since I'm now free of work until September, I shall endeavour to keep the game going as best I can. Promise.

I will also endeavour to keep the game as fluid as possible, i.e. if you'd like to play but then need to drop out then that is fine, I can work the main story to accommodate that, and likewise, if someone else wishes to join later on then I will accommodate that (Within reason, I can't have a massive group on account that I am only human, and it could get very hectic.)

So, If anyone is interested, please say so now. If there is enough initial interest, I shall knock up a character template for you to use. :)

Character creation now up, Sign up with your characters, and I'll stop you when I think there's enough. First come first serve.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2009, 14:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Omnipotent 2 (War in Heaven) Sandboxey type RPG-Intersted?

I'm interested :

And if it's possible, I would like Pregnor to appear once more.

Just read the whole message. Hmm. I might scratch Pregnor then, and take something completely new. But he was such an awesome character :'(

Dibs on Fire till I figure something else out.

*EDIT* Links to the old threads, incase someone is wondering; "What the heck is this?"

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,69008.0.html Game thread

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,68672.0.html Discussion thread
SkullzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2009, 14:52   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I call dibs on the God of the Forge!
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2009, 15:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

You may be able to keep the same names and spheres of power, but it will be from scratch, and the new god will be separate from the old one, so you can in essence be reborn, but with no prior memory. Also, I might add Character creation to the game thread. Thoughts?
Old 12 Jul 2009, 15:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What do you mean by Character Creation? If you mean the template, nah..

Keep it in here, use this as an Information/signup thread.
SkullzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2009, 15:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullzD
What do you mean by Character Creation? If you mean the template, nah..

Keep it in here, use this as an Information/signup thread.
Hmm thinking about it your right.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 16:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

i read through the game thread and the discussion thread. this looks good actually, i'd be up to play. It'll take me some time to think of a good character though.

Edit: I think a god of Night and Day would work nicely
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2009, 05:11   #8 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

I sooooo Call Duat, God of death.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 09:53   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'll use my old character again.

...actually, I might not. But I am in either way! ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2009, 10:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

OKey dokey! Character time!

Slight change, I've decided that fights will be far less restrictive, but also more moderated. I will have a separate thread for any battles taking place, so that the main game thread doesn't get clogged up, and it will be a free from dice RP by post affair, albeit with a GM post at set intervals (borrowed from a fair few of wargamers RP's since it just makes good common sense) so as to not get overboard. Equally, Gods cannot "die" they will come back, (in fact, I have some possible plans for this, which accounts to more roleplaying goodness that will also offer an alternative view on the world you've created) so don't worry about loosing fights between each other. In that respect, the signature and lesser powers are gone, I felt that being gods you wouldn't be confined to such trivialities, and so when in battle you can do anything that is befitting your realm of power.

Anyways, on to the main characterisation part:

Name This being the name of your deity (who'd of thunk it! :P)
Power Essentially, what your realm of power is. I.E. God of the Forge, Lord of the hunt etc.)
Appearance This is how the mortals envisage you, and your preferred form that you spend most your time in. How you look basically
Symbol(s) of power You can have as few or as many of these as you want. Like last time be realistic, lobbing around a mini nuke only helps you look like your compensating for something, and bullets would be scoffed at. Leave such instruments for the mortals.
Followers/messengers Not a compulsory choice, but you may wish to have agents who operate for you. Be realistic of course. They can be anything from angels, to mythical creatures to rats if you so wish. So long as they fit in with your character.
Lore Back story, mythology and anything that I have missed out. The more detailed the better, but you can flesh out as you go along. You make history as you play so this can change.

And I'm undecided on this so you can take a vote. Would you like your own planes of existence, or a single plane where you all exist (Albeit perhaps separated in some ways via islands or w.e. or a single plane of existence, but on a single island/land mass?