Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL WORK
Old 10 May 2009, 05:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003
Default Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL WORK

As the above says, a few years ago I was in China and growing kind of bored because I had a cold and was stuck inside for a month (I mean this is deep manchurian winter and it's -25 celsius in the daylight so yeah staying inside is the proper thing to do in case of a cold) and I worked up a game where people get to play as heroes in the Trojan war, fighting for either Greece or Troy.

Basically the system is, it's very hero centric. Mostly you choose a hero (or maybe a few each if we don't have enough players), and take him through the entire war. If you don't want to choose a pre-existing one you can make up one. And in each battle will depend on armies moving on the campaign map, taking cities and such, and it'll be a scenario based on various points and several players from both sides will sign up and play a game with the rules I devised on Vassal. The ranking hero on each side will be commander and direct the overall flow of the battle. But generally there'll be a constant flux of troops coming in, and heroes fight amongst the melee. Mostly you do not have overt control of the troops (the commanders direct their attack however) but you can call them to you for a charge or a sally or whatever.

Obviously there's the whole shebang, extra cities on the campaign map gets you extra troops and some have bonuses or whatever.

And then your hero itself, you have your conventional increase in equipment and stats, but also a special devotion, depending on which of the Olympians you fight for. You work up that devotion tree for special abilities during battles and such. But working up that tree isn't just about killing a crapload of guys. You have to please said god. For example, want to get skills from Artemis? Defend her temples, use her way of war (ie. bow, tracking and hunting), carry out such missions to gain her favour.

The Trojans defend on the campaign map, the Greeks attack. We'll loosely follow the Iliad but it will be very loose.

So anybody interested? Just sign your name up and whether you wish to fight for the Achaeans or the Trojans. I'll post up the rules later because a) kinda busy now and b) don't want to overwhelm interested people.

And no you can't be Achilles. >

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2009, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL

Signed.

Trojan.
SkullzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2009, 19:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedmongoose
And no you can't be Achilles. >
Dibs on Odysseus.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 04:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Aeneas.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 08:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL WORK

Yeah I'm just gonna place Achilles, Memnon (the brother of Priam, almost as good as Achilles), Aganemnon and Priam as unplayable right now.

If you don't want to make your own character (which would be a bit more customizeable) some good choices are:

for the Achaean side:

Diomedes
Odysseus
Ajax
Ajax the Lesser
Patroclus

for the Trojan side:

Hector
Aeneas
Pandarus

Old 11 May 2009, 13:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Hold up, what's the system for making your own like?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 13:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Map based campaign of the Trojan war using 40k rules on Vassal? YES IT WILL WORK

start pretty generically, and weaker and lower rank. But you don't already start on a devotion path and you choose your equipment and stats.

The six devotion paths are basically:

For the Trojans:

Apollo
Artemis

For the Achaeans:

Athena
Poseidon

For either side:

Ares
Hephaestus
Aphrodite
Hermes

edit: not that Odysseus actually starts with any devotion so you really don't have to worry there I guess.

Aeneas however is a devotee to Apollo and Aphrodite. Pandarus to Artemis. Diomedes to Athena.

The limit is you can only devote yourself to at most two gods, up to one of which may be from your side.

Old 11 May 2009, 13:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey it just occured to me I forgot to put in Paris.

Yes you can be Paris. No you can't RP yourself gettin busay in graphic detail with Helen.

Old 11 May 2009, 16:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Complete list of characters available initially:

Trojan Side:

Aeneas (Geekygator)
Paris
Pandarus
Deiphobus
Polydamas

Greek Side:

Diomedes
Odysseus (Circus)
Ajax the Greater
Ajax the Lesser
Menelaus
Patroclus

Old 11 May 2009, 18:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Could you go a tad bit more in depth of making your own character?
SkullzD is offline   Reply With Quote