Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Endless Encounters [Sign Up & Discussion]
Old 20 Nov 2008, 19:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Endless Encounters [Sign Up & Discussion]

Endless Encounters is a collection of scenarios created by me that each of you participate in. Each area will include bonuses to certain units and weaponry but also disadvantages to others, usually about two or three of each. They will be well varied and some will feature objectives you must complete in order to win the battle.

All battles will be played by RolePlaying, although it must be done fairly. Any God-modding and you'll automatically suffer losses from that battle, do it again and you're permanently disqualified. I don't want people to ruin this for others who are participating fairly. A battle finishes after the set time limit or when a certain action has been completed.
Also, the way your army performs will determine whether your force suffers penalties or gains bonuses afterwards. I will be reading all of the RP posts and the same punishment will be applied if you are unfair and RP badly. On the other hand if you RP oustandingly well then you'll receive additional bonuses.

To enter you must PM me an army list for your chosen race that consists of one HQ and two Troops choices. The HQ choice may select up to three upgrades but no more until the army progresses. Each troops choice may select one additional weapon for the squad [e.g. Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Frag Grenades etc.] but no leader upgrades may be made [e.g. Veteran Sergeant].
You can be any race though it might be wise to bare in mind that in a high majority of the skirmishes armies will work together so going as an Imperium force may benefit you as if there are other Imperium forces you will nearly always ally with them. However, there is a limit of three players on any race and also on the amount of Imperium and Chaos forces.
There is a limit of eight players maximum; if after a couple of days there are at least six then we'll start and no-one else will be allowed to enter.

Once everyone has sent me a list I will add them to this thread, though not beforehand because that gives the people joining later an unfair advantage. Then the RP Thread will be made.

Names in green have sent me their list, names in red have said they're participating but haven't sent me a list.

Johnnyboy
L
Viorlashasui
AbBiden_the_Despoiler
SkullzD
Aun

Imperium Forces: 1[2]
Chaos Forces: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Endless Encounters [Sign Up & Discussion]

I'll join

and I'll send my list a little later.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 00:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm in.

I'll also send in my list in a lil while as I have some homework that I need to finish.

The Star Forger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm sorry, but if you want to be faithful to fluff, this can't work.

40k is a horrible misrepresentation of actual army composition. A dozen Space Marines against 250 points of... well... almost anything? That's a curbstomp and a half. Eldar? Pretty similar.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 02:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

true. I forgot about that.

But call me crazy, I'm going guard. ;D
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 10:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

A dozen Space Marines against 250 points of... well... almost anything? That's a curbstomp and a half. Eldar? Pretty similar.
Well the armies will increase in size quite regularly and there will be advantages and disadvantages which I decide and so if it looks like an army is going to get torn apart I can make it so it's fairer. I any case, I'll change the starting list to 400pts. Sorry Johnnyboy but that means you're going to have to change your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 14:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'll jump in for Chaos.

Need to check in the codex, but I think I'm pretty much set on the list. will get that to you as soon as I check my numbers.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 14:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

*shrugs*

don't worry about me. bumping the pts to 400 is great for me. At 250 I could barely fit in my minimums much let anything useful.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 16:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
A dozen Space Marines against 250 points of... well... almost anything? That's a curbstomp and a half. Eldar? Pretty similar.
Well the armies will increase in size quite regularly and there will be advantages and disadvantages which I decide and so if it looks like an army is going to get torn apart I can make it so it's fairer. I any case, I'll change the starting list to 400pts. Sorry Johnnyboy but that means you're going to have to change your list.
*Headdesk*

It's nothing to do with the overall points total. Marines are super-human Gods of War, and if RPed as they are represented in fluff, they are massively overpowered for their relative worth in 40k - the 40k tabletop game does not work, at all, for any reason, ever as a balance for roleplay forces.

And "fixing" things when a battle goes badly for one side is not a solution; it's godmodding, it's a Deus Ex Machina, and it's plain-out shoddy writing. CS Gotto would be proud :.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 19:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
*Headdesk*

It's nothing to do with the overall points total. Marines are super-human Gods of War, and if RPed as they are represented in fluff, they are massively overpowered for their relative worth in 40k - the 40k tabletop game does not work, at all, for any reason, ever as a balance for roleplay forces.

And "fixing" things when a battle goes badly for one side is not a solution; it's godmodding, it's a Deus Ex Machina, and it's plain-out shoddy writing. CS Gotto would be proud :.
Don't Worry DTN!

I am bringing Tyrranids!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote