Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Altair VI Campaign (Background and OOC questions/comments)
Old 14 Aug 2008, 05:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default The Altair VI Campaign (Background and OOC questions/comments)

It's been nearly fourty years since the Altair system overcame the Consolidation Wars and was unified under the Imperial Banner, and its might brought to war against the forces of the Archenemy in the Sabbat Worlds. But often, where the setting seems safest, below the surface lies something amiss. That something has just come to the attention of Altair's higher government. The agricultural world Altair VI has lost contact with some of its major farming houses. Because of Altair Dominus' reliance on imported food stuffs, this failing in shipments has been felt, and Altair has moved to respond.

As the logistical powerhouse of the system, responsibility for the failed shipment has fallen on Altair IV. The Planets governor has sent four of the Air Cavalry regiments that his world is famous for to investigate what is wrong on Altair VI, the Air Cav. will be well suited for the dense jungle terrain that covers much of the world.

This should be a milk run for the new recruits, but who knows what horrors lie in wait.

The Game.

Players will be playing as part of an air cavalry unit. The Sergeant will be controlled by me, and there will be four other players. The positions will be detailed later. The first mission will be detailed in the RP thread soon as we have all the players set up.

There are a few rules as alwayse:

1. I control the environment. For some reason people alwayse have a hard time with this one. You get to do what you want with your character, but what happens in the environment is my doing. Just remember to re-read your posts and if you find that your scoring allot of head shots, cut something out.

2. Write it like a story, if your posts are a sentance long, thats to short. simple posts dont enhance the story and they make for a boring game so bring some color in.

Positions:

Here are the positions and profiles of those using them. An additional role has been added by request. It will be a secondary roll in the game and will see less action on the ground.

Valkyrie Pilot: Wes Jeron (Played by TheHuntsmen)

Role: Support

Equipment: Las-Pistol, Flight gear, Valkyrie.

Sergeant: Yvonne Derrin (Played by Beowulf)

Role: Leader

Equipment:Flack Jacket, Helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Field-Kit, re-breather.

Corporal: Frank Lavington (Played by Sad Statue)

Role: Vox-Operator

Equipment:Flack Jacket, Helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Field-Kit, Vox-Caster, re-breather.

Support Gunner: Bobby English (Played by PainKiller (JD))

Role: Heavy Weapons

Equipment:Flack Jacket, Helmet, Las-Pistol, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Field-Kit, Flamer, Re-breather.

2 Troopers: Henry Dobbins (Played by Decidated zur Freiheit!)

Favre Brenton (Played by Favre Brenton)

Role: Bullet Catchers

Equipment:Flack Jacket, Helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Field-Kit, re-breather.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2008, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: The Altair VI Campaign (Background, recruiting and OOC questions/comments)

Ill take the heavy.

Character up when I have time
Old 14 Aug 2008, 14:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: The Altair VI Campaign (Background, recruiting and OOC questions/comments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller (JD)
Ill take the heavy.

Character up when I have time
Alright. Just give me a name and what weapon you want and i'll enter you in.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 14:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Bobby English.

Flamer
Old 14 Aug 2008, 16:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Name: Corporal Frank Lavington

Role: Vox-Operator

Equipment:Flack Jacket, Helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Field-Kit, Vox-Caster

I know vox operators and air jumps dont get along to well but I think this is gonna be fun.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Bullet Catcher

Character's Name: Pvt. Henry Dobbins

Equipment: flak jacket, helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 4 frags, field-kit
Decidated zur Freiheit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2008, 02:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Can I try?

Bullet Catcher

Char.s' Name: Pvt. Favre Brenton

Equipment: Flack Jacket, Helmet, Elysian Short Pattern Las-Carbine, 2 Frag Grenades, Monocular, Re-breather, Field-Kit.

Can I know what is in a field kit too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2008, 04:12   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The Altair VI Campaign (Background and OOC questions/comments)

I cheated, and played the 'I'm your brother, and I can take you' card. Besides, I gotta make sure Beowulf is good to my beloved Air Cav.

I'll be playing Wes Jeron, Valkyrie pilot.
TheHuntsmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2008, 04:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Fantastic, the squad is set and we're ready to roll. If anyone has questions or advice feel free to post it here. If you think of a bit of equipment you need or want don't hesitate to ask, but i may decline the request.

Field kits are up to you. I'm not gonna specify exactly whats in them but be reasonable. Some rations, maybe a knife and canteen, bandages and that sort of thing. Field kits do not include rocket launchers and if you try to pull that i will most definitely not allow it.

I'll post the game thread in a few moments.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 04:43   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

*puts away the portable lascannon*
TheHuntsmen is offline   Reply With Quote