Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Omnipotent: War in heaven (GAME THREAD)
Old 09 Jul 2008, 19:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Omnipotent: War in heaven (GAME THREAD)

"Into this wilde Abyss,
The Womb of nature and perhaps her Grave,
Of neither Sea, nor Shore, nor Air, nor Fire,
But all these in thir pregnant causes mix't
Confus'dly, and which thus must ever fight,
Unless th' Almighty Maker them ordain
His dark materials to create more Worlds,
Into this wilde Abyss the warie fiend
Stood on the brink of Hell and look'd a while,
Pondering his Voyage..."

The almighty makers craft to their will thousands of worlds and planes, all held in a delicate balance by each other, It is the Altus Congregatio, the highest beings of existance that made these planes, and the worlds within them. It is they who weave the paths of destiny that all follow, But they, being almighty uncoporeal beings bestow the task of watchign over the mortal plane to the Medius Congregatio, the beings, who are far lesser to the Altus, but are gods amongst mortals, It is they,beng the ascended mortals, or created by the will of the Altus that carry the task of watching the mortals, giving them hope, vengance, fear, and much more with their whims and fancies.

This is the beginning of the 57th Epoch (changed it since we're going latin in here :P) of the year 4023, by the Imperia Calendar. And the beginning of your reign...

[hr]

Players, and their character name:
1. Jais- Trinculo, The trickster Medius
2. Vespid- Lei Gong, The Medius of balance
3. orkwarrior-Salvina, The Medius of Life and nature
4. SkullzD-Pregnor, The fire Medius
5. San Jacinto-Aktazotl , The sky Medius
6. Wargamer-Tervaskanto, The hunter Medius
7. Aun- Duat,The Medius of the afterlife and death
8. Deraj-Zatrak, The Time medius
9. Sargent Dimitri-Krassus, The war and destruction Medius
10. Zenney-Venek, the crafter Medius

[hr]
[hr]

Population:
200 Billion (made it more believeable)
[hr]

Percentage of believers:
90%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Trinculo:
40%
[hr]
Lei Gong:
70%
[hr]
Salvina:
70%
[hr]
Pregnor:
70%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
71%
[hr]
Tervaskanto:
70%
[hr]
Duat:
1%
[hr]
Zatrak:
70%
[hr]
Krassus:
70%
[hr]
Venek:
90%
[hr]
[hr]
Strength of Faith:
64%
[hr]
Per god (e.g. if the overall is 60% and a god had 100% next to them they have 60% overall):

Trinculo:
46%
[hr]
Lei Gong:
40%
[hr]
Salvina:
40%
[hr]
Pregnor:
75%
[hr]
Aktazotl:
75%
[hr]
Tervaskanto:
80%
[hr]
Duat:
99%
[hr]
Zatrak:
40%
[hr]
Krassus:
40%
[hr]
Venek:
90%
[hr]

[hr]
[b]Fear(-)/Praise(+)b]
[hr]
Individual fear/praise:

Trinculo:
[hr]
Lei Gong:
[hr]
Salvina:
+1
[hr]
Pregnor:
[hr]
Aktazotl:
[hr]
Tervaskanto:
[hr]
Duat:
[hr]
Zatrak:
=5
[hr]
Krassus:
[hr]
Venek:
[hr]
[hr]

[size=20pt]Chapter 1, Genesis[/size]
And as the Altus decree the plane of Letalis Regnum is yours to craft as you will, But now, you come in a crucial time. The Imperia has been torn asunder by hordes from the south, and it reels from the blow it took, It has no leader, and its faith waivers. Elsewhere people worship their own gods, untouched by the Medius for now, and the few scattered faithful are either ignored or hunted by the status quo. Your followers need you, Make your marks.

(A quick reminder, you can do whatever you want to the mortals, but I enact the results of any actions you want to take, so post (prefferebly in bold) what actions you want to make on the realm, and I shall deliver the consequences. Have fun. )

[size=4pt]smiteaware.com[/size]
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2008, 20:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Omnipotent: War in heaven (GAME THREAD)

(OOC lets get this started!)

Salvina walked to a balconey on her massive oak. She over-saw the earth as a whole not as an indervidual. She looked at a land slide starting to happen and stopped it with the power of growth. "Well i could go down to this mortal realm to see what has come up from my labour.

She teleported her self to the scene and saw filth and uglyness at this village but she felt compasion as that is what she used to live in."Please Miss can you give an old man some coin? said a begger.
Instead she whispwerd something in his ear and he ran out from his place a transformed young man who she had made. "Hail Salvina the Goddess of life, look to what she has done to me.!" the newly formened man.
She smiled as she teleported bac to her realm.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2008, 20:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Such an act is scoffed at by passers by as a madmans rantings, But it is not in vain. As is often the case, such a small token may well sow the seeds for great changes later...
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2008, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to jais

OOC; It's great to see this finally starting, this should be great fun!
Again, sorry if my writing is poor.

[hr]
"Gaha!"

Trinculo looked down at the mortal realm...
"Puny idiots..."
"Couldn't stand a chance against the force of the south, could you?
Well, BUH-HUH!"

Trinculo laughed, and went inside to his castle again..
jais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2008, 21:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Doesn't look like my God reached the ability to have 'corporeal godhood' Either way it'll still sit back and watch and the Vibration of Eternity might voice it's opinions on actions that take place. But not much has yet...

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2008, 23:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

In a dusty valley, a group of villages scratched out a sandy living upon the rocks. Once this place had been a lush farming valley.

All of them, every man down to the last child were devout followers of Aktazotl. They were honest men and women all, and had little in the way of possessions. They dutifully worked the soil, and complained little. However, a cloud loomed on the edge of their peaceful world.

The forces of the nonbelievers were coming to the sanctuary provided by the valley. A host of crusaders, almost one hundred strong, were coming to the village. They bore the ensign of the Crusaders and were clothed in crimson. If their plans were realized, the followers of Aktazotl would convert or they would die.

Through the mouth of the valley came the Crusaders. Up the stony path to the village, they stopped at the outskirts.

"Men. These heathens follow what they think is the sky god. They shall convert or they shall perish."

Above their heads, dark clouds began to gather. A light rain pattered down upon the ground. A handful of men, the chieftain and his bodyguard, armed with swords and a few with bows and arrows, readied themselves to sell their lives for the village.

The zealous crusaders sped through the village, easily dispatching the defenders. Farmers armed with crude tools and implements brought two down, but the crusaders easily defeated most of the resistance. The inhabitants of the towns were brought to the center. They were bound and made to kneel upon the now muddy ground. Crusaders armed with crossbows stood at the ends of the square. A knot of Crusaders with axes stood in the center of the kneeling crowd.

The storm grew larger, and flashes of lightning were seen on the horizon. A cloud in the vague shape of an armored man drifted through it, seeming to look over it with a stern gaze upon his iron wrought brow.

A tall Crusader stood at the front of the crowd. His armor was more ornate than those of his comrades. His voice shook through the crowd.

"Heathens. Renounce your False God. Accept the Holy Beneficience of- "

He was silenced by a scream from one of the villagers.

"May Aktazotl strike you down where you stand. We shall never denounce him."

The Crusader's reply was blunt. "Then, Heathen. Prepare to die."

He raised his sword and stepped to the village’s leader. The chieftain’s eyes flickered out to the horizon. He noted with irony the rain that pattered down on the soil. With but a few more blessed rains such as this the valley would have been fertile once more. It was too late now. He closed his eyes and muttered one last prayer to Aktazotl. He waited for the sword to fall. It didn’t

A crack of lightning, descending from heaven, struck the Crusader on the helm. His body flailed and was flung backwards. The storm had reached epic proportions, and wind whipped through the valley. Shingles and tiles, twigs and pebbles flew through the air.

In the midst of it all, a single figure strode into the village. The Crusaders stood dumbfounded at the raging sky. The figure spoke.

Unbelievers and blasphemers. You will not survive this night. You have slandered me by slandering my followers. Fear me, for I am Sky Incarnate.

Lightning bolts shot from his hand, incinerating all but one of the Knights. The last one held some sort of relic up, which deflected the bolts of death.

Aktazotl walked over to him.

Disgusting.

He swung his sword, and the Crusader disintegrated under its force. The weapon, forged by Venek, did its work well.

At once, the storm dissipated. Aktazotl turned, smiling to the now freed villagers.

“Friends. Followers. Your faith is now realized. Thank you for standing by in these turbulent times. This valley shall be a bastion of the Sky. My warriors will find a haven here always. Prosperity and Security shall be yours.”

Slowly, he ascended into the sky, whereupon the Sky-God dissipated into cloud.

Slowly the villagers got to their feet. The future was looking bright.
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2008, 00:54   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

From the highest mountains, Venek look down upon the mortals, their lives backwards and Venek frown upon it. He took out a golden telescope and observed the people. Makeshift houses, improvised tools which is just rocks and pieces of wood, people struggling to make a living and not making an effort to better the tools nor the houses they live in.

He kept observing. All of them are the same except for one. A young man trying to improve his hunting spear which just piece of long wood and normally too heavy to be thrown. This is where it should start he Venek thought. And by projecting his thoughts to the young man, he has granted the man the knowledge on how to make his spear lighter and more deadly so it may kill its prey.

And like inspiration, the man took a stone and carve the wood so it's slicker and lighter. Satisfied with the wooden shaft's weight. He got another stone and began carving the stone to be sharp and pointed. After some time, the stone was sharp. Sharp enough to pierce flesh. The man look for something to stick or tie the sharpen stone to the shaft. He found some vine and began tying the stone to the shaft. Now sure it's firmly in place. The young man tested on a tree. He threw it and found it to be more easier to handle. The spear struck the tree and it's embedded deeply into the tree.

Quite happy with the results, the young man set off to hunt deers in the forest. Venek, now satisfied with the development of hunting equipment, sets off to look for people to grant his knowledge of craftmanship.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2008, 04:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Zatrak walked among them. Through their cities, their homes, their lands. Where they needed justice, he walked. Where a wrong was done, he made it right. He walked as an old man, cloaked and bent, rewarding the just, punishing the wicked. Tonight there was a special case, something that angered him in a way that only a god could be angered. A man, who professed to being one of his favoured minions.

He walked into a courthouse, he had been here before, he will be here again. He enjoys watching, but this was personal. The judge in front of him had been accepting bribes for years. Tonight he was about to set free a murderer, not for gold, but to kill his enemies. As the man walked to the stand, the judge raised his gavel. "Not-" he began, but was suddenly frozen in time. Everyone throughout the court stared speechlessly, and suddenly the murderer fell, his heart stopped.

The judge was unfrozen "Guilty" he stated, finishing his sentance. The old man arose. "Yes, judge Artabrium, yes you are" He looked around the room. "Let this be a lesson. You are watched. You honor is known, and rewarded. Your dishonor is punished." With this proclamation, he strode forward and grabbed the trembling man by the arm, traveling through time and space to his lair, ready to dispense of far greater punishment.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2008, 05:17   #9 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

A shadow hangs over mortals. I am that shadow. I am death.

The young woman coughed up blood. She leaned against a building, he energy spent. She may have been beautiful once, but she was ravaged by plague and disease now. With a rasping breath she coughed up her lung and slipped slowly into unconsciousness.

She opened her eyes, feeling someone standing before her. She could see his outline, and as she could make out his form, she tried to scream in terror.

Standing before her was a cloaked skeleton, its eyes glowing with hellfire.
The fleshless head spoke to her, and the monster lifted its boney hand towards her.
Your time has come. I am here now. You have no need to suffer any longer.
"No!! NO! I cant die, not now, not yet!" she begged for her life, bloody tears streaming down her face.
I am sorry...

The woman’s body would not be found for hours, an apparent plague victim.

[hr]
I am death. My role is vital, but I am un-thanked

The warriors wound was bleeding profusely from his stomach, refusing to stop. The old, battle hardened soldier pressed his hand to the wound on his stomach inflected by the sword of his enemy.
Dead bodies littered the ground around him, and fear coursed through his veins like ice at the thought he might join them.
His vision blurred. He fell to his knees, and then to his face.

Strangely, the pain stopped and he opened his eyes, looking up. Looming over him, was a figure he had feared all his life.
It was a pale man dressed all in black, with a black cape and a black cap.
Come, brave warrior. This is your last battle.
The man tried to claw away from the apparition of death before him, but it was no use.
It is your time...

[hr]
I am death, and I am unloved.
The little girl had just celebrated her fourth birthday, and her mother was so proud of her.
The girl’s mother lay dead on the floor of their small home, blood oozing from the wound to her throat, the girls father standing over the body with a knife in his hands.

The little girl was hiding in the corner, her father swayed drunkenly towards her, the knife in his hands. She cried and cried.
Its alright little one. I shall take you home.
The little girl looked behind, tears fogging her view.

She, one so young, saw death in its true form.
A tall man wearing a silk kilt at the waist, but with the head of a black jackal. Death had a name. That name was spoken of only in fear. Duat.
The black doglike head seemed to smile and the death spoke to here.
Do not worry, you shall never cry again...

[hr]

Duat walked inside his vast open palace, its halls decorated with statues of his black hounds and ancient symbols far older than any mortal race.
Duat walked slowly to one of the palaces balconies and looked out over the desert oasis that was his realm named Palacio Muerto.
A river wound its way over his oasis, its waters the only sound one could hear.

And nothing else. Palacio Muerto was empty, those dead who had once resided here had long ago left to the realms of other gods.
Duat looked out over his empty realm.

[hr]

I am death, and I am so lonely...
Old 10 Jul 2008, 07:03   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

From the peak of the highest mountain, Venek observe the mortals of Medius. Slowly, the mortals have begun to make better tools and weapons. Their houses are now much more sturdier and better protected from the elements.

With their new-found tools, they began to till the land to plant crops, hunt the wildlife for food and build large store houses. Venek was pleased at the pace of development. And kept on observing until a curious fellow will try to build or improve on a tool or building.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote