Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Behind Gue'La Lines [Game Thread]
Old 14 May 2007, 04:41   #101 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: Behind Gue'La Lines [Game Thread]

Druist bolted up the stairs in the wake of the mini jet trails that the 'Ui had left, and dove as he got the the top of the flight, rolling and leaning against a wall. Nan'he was already standing there, and he seen the rest of the squard running up too.

" Nan'he, what shall we do now? we are upstairs, and the beast and gue'la must be fighting downstairs, we should use what little time we have to escape!"

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 22:31   #102 (permalink)
Shas'O

"Destroy the staircase first! That will delay them a bit longer... then continue upwards, we are nowhere near the tops of the cliffs."

Darting over to a window with his stealth field engaged, the Shas'Ui noticed the continuing buildup of Gue'La forces.

"And steer clear of the viewports. As long as they don't have air support, they won't be able to track our progress."

Just then, the unmistakable howl of a Vulture Gunship turbine filled the building.

"I just had to open my big ****ing mouth..." Nan'He muttered.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 01:31   #103 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Vigilance ran up the steps two at a time, hoping the gunship pilots wouldn't take notice of him.

Unfortunately, he wasn't the only vigilant fighter around, and it wasn't long before he found himself bathed in the blinding glare of the Vulture's lights. A pair of rockets twisted and turned their way towards him, and he saw his short life flash before his eyes as he made one final, desperate leap for the upper gangway. The stairs gave out beneath him and his hand grasped a strong metal bar. Rather than pull himself up, however, he swung forward and dropped, landing on a lower bridge, rolled, and ducked around a corner.

To his surprise, he found a covered set of stairs, and continued upwards.

"Sorry about the stairs, but I've found another way up!" He yelled over the vox.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2007, 02:23   #104 (permalink)
lonely tau

Ar'Len heard the muffled engines of the raptor approaching a few seconds before the others, and even then he hadn't the time to react. From his position on the roof he had time to throw himself back into cover before the first autocannon shots impacted where they would have turned him into about a hundred pounds of fresh meat.

Even then, Ar'Len felt the shock from the building at the autocannons missing their target and impacting on the roof of the complex, making the stairs shake from the distance away and sheer power of the weapons. Ar'Len came down a bit, just to where the stairs meet the actual room he sprinted up to get where he was, and guarded the room while waiting for his allies.

OOC: It's ok for my character to be there, right?
Old 17 May 2007, 03:57   #105 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
OOC: It's ok for my character to be there, right?
OOC: Better if you aren't on the roof yet, it's a good ~150 meter/15+ story climb from the river. You could be on an outer catwalk or balcony no problem.

As the wall in front of Nan'He disintegrated under a hail of rocket, boltgun, and autocannon fire the Shas'Ui fired his jets and grasped a ceiling girder, engaging his stealth field. He saw the pilot and gunner scan the room for targets, frustrated unknowingly by the XV-18's elusiveness.

As the Vulture dropped to the floor below, the Shas'Ui realized that most of the team was still on that level - they would certainly be annihilated. Dropping from the ceiling, Nan'He began to run full out, firing his jet pack as he cleared the building.

"For Tau'Va!" He bellowed as he fell towards the gunship, burst cannon blazing.

New Objective: Make it to the roof (it shouldn't be long now)... I'll try to keep the gunship busy.
Old 18 May 2007, 04:11   #106 (permalink)
Shas'O

Atra continued to run up the stairs, though nothing terribly eventful came upon him. Other than running from a gunship that was probably several times older than he was, of course...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 18 May 2007, 16:43   #107 (permalink)
Shas'La

OOC: Sorry for being away so long...

By the Tau'va...
Brodus watched with bated breath as the Vulture descended, and tightened his grip on his weapon until his knuckles turned white.
Just fragging great. Behind him, Guardsmen, and the fragging swamp-monster that had already killed Al'kon. Before him, an Imperial gunship.
'Talk about a rock and a hard place...' he muttered, and stopped as he saw the stairs collapse.

Shrieks from behind him signified that the guardsmen were occupied with Al'kon's killer, and so he rolled forward, towards the rubble of the former staircase. The noise from the engines of the Vulture was unbearably close, but for the moment, at least, he should be covered from its fire.

OOC: I apologise for my lack of knowledge with Imperial Aircraft, but I'm just imagining the Vulture as a Valkyrie with more weapons. If that's mistaken, could somebody please correct me?

My Fanfiction.net account (warning - only Naruto fanfics at present): http://www.fanfiction.net/~subutaisghost
Automatic_Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2007, 20:04   #108 (permalink)
Shas'O

OOC: Sort of. I believe this one has a pair of autocannons, a chin-mounted heavy bolter, and a pair of multiple rocket pods.

Old 18 May 2007, 20:28   #109 (permalink)
Shas'O

OOC: You're correct on the weapons, and it is pretty much a Valkyrie without transport capacity and more ordinance - different structure, but similar aircraft:

The aircraft was moving like a bucking hoarbuck, the native grazing beast of Kau'Eiok. Nan'He was a rider on a steel beast, clinging on for dear life. He tried to move towards the cockpit, but the craft pitched up and sent him hurling back the the tail. I must delay this craft, he thought as he saw his Shas'La, Kroot, and Gue'Vesa emerge onto the roof. In the open they are more vulnerable than ever...

The burst cannon sprayed, mostly going wide, but a few of the shots tore into the rear of the turbofan. Corkscrewing like a wasp infuriated at being struck, the Vulture tried harder than ever to shake the Shas'Ui free...
Old 20 May 2007, 18:26   #110 (permalink)
Shas'La

OOC: Thanks for the info. BTW, where are we roughly, on the map?

Brodus peeked round the side of the rubble, and shrank back again when he saw the frantically careening Vulture, with Nan'He clinging on.
Got to move... he muttered, and glanced up. Though the stairs were broken, the rubble could still function as a makeshift platform. He strapped his Pulse Rifle onto his back, whilst formulating a plan of action.
He'd seen Vigilance, the other Gue'vesa, leap across to a ledge, and maybe... He decided he could make it.
Clambering onto the rubble, he ran quickly to where it met the ledge, conscious that the Vulture could open fire at any moment. Jumping, his fingers managed to catch in a groove, and, he dragged himself up, painfully. Crawling into the stairwell, he paused, to catch his breath.

My Fanfiction.net account (warning - only Naruto fanfics at present): http://www.fanfiction.net/~subutaisghost
Automatic_Demise is offline   Reply With Quote