Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arena of Karlak IV [Gameplay Thread]
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2006, 00:09   #51 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Re: Arena of Karlak IV [Gameplay Thread]

The plate of armour tore off Thunder's chest and clattered to the floor wall. His aim lost, he let loose a few wild shots that merely richocheted off the walls at odd angles. He rolled as he hit the true floor, coming to a kneel on the ground (or was it the ceiling, now?). As he rose, he hit his head on something hard that pulled back. Whirling, he saw the merciless stare of a camera drone. In an instant, he drew his Phoenix and blasted the bothersome device to shrapnel with a 20 mm shell. Sensing his opponent behind him, he holstered both pistols and activated his lightning claws with a thought. The short blades came alive with crackling arcs as the deadly energies coursed through them. Summoning up what little further strength he could demand from his poisoned body, Thunder turned and vaulted at the Eldar, his lightning claws leaving glittering trails of electrical death as he twisted through the stale air.

KIN: I don't believe I actually activated my claws earlier. They're monomolecular anyways (I think), so I'm pretty sure they'd have the effect you described. Also, recall that I've been shot with a Splinter weapon. I've been poisoned non-lethally. I'm thinking mild Parkinson's. (not permanent, mind you) That stuff can be absolutely exhausting, I hear.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:46   #52 (permalink)
Shas'O

The externally wounded pair rolled away, then came up for a second assault. Just as they would have launched at each other anew, though, the gravity shifted again and sent the combatants crashing to the caverns' natural floor. Both staggarded, but Khor'Hreq was disoriented momentarily by a sharp blow he recieved from a stone.

As he came to his feet, Thunder was already above him, punching downwards. His Eldar reflexes could have saved him from one or even two striking powerblades, but the third pierced his spine, instantly lethal.

The Result:
Victory to Thunder!
  • Damaged chest armour, back (not spinal) injuries and curable poisioning from splinterfire.

OOC: I can't wait on players forever - Spirit, if you didn't want to participate any longer, let me know. If this was something to do with Doom of the Gods, I'll say that your preface and planning was superb, one of the best I've seen. The farmboy-conscript actions of the 'elite' troops is what made me bail out of the hatch of a shuttlecraft in the upper atmosphere.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 04:27   #53 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Thunder regarded the mangled form that lay on the cieling before him, and raised a crackling, bladed arm in salute. "I salute you, Khor'Eq... or whatever your name was..." he muttered, grabbed the Xeno's splinter pistol, and left.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Closed Thread