Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deathwatch: Operation Wraith [Game Thread]
Closed Thread
Old 20 May 2006, 21:21   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Deathwatch: Operation Wraith [Game Thread]

The Thunderhawk powered through the atmosphere, bucking and jolting as if the sky itself sought to reject it. Within, the black-armoured figures of the Deathwatch sat impassively, listening as their orders were issued over the vox.

"As of 02:14 TST, Operation Wraith is go," the voice was that of Inquisitor Lomax, back aboard the insertion-frigate, "you are about to enter Tau airspace. Be advised that the Imperial PDF is presumed dead or defected... you'll have little or no support on this one."
"Your ultimate objective in this mission is the destruction of the Tau chain of command, achieved by the assassination of Commander Firesword, or 'Suam'nan' in the xenos tongue. However, additional objectives will be forwarded to you as you proceed."

The craft bucked violently, and the pilot hissed something about the sensor-scrambler.

"Be advised, Astartes, that there will be no resupply on this mission. You have been equipped with as much ammunition as possible, but when that run's out, there will be no replacements. Consequently, you have been sanctioned to commandeer any armament necessary to complete your mission, including xenotech. Your armour's machine-spirits have been duly blessed and warded for such an eventuality... and I'm sure I need not describe the ironic pleasure available to you when the filthy Tau die to their own weaponry."

The Thunderhawk tilted up into its final descent pattern, retroburners flaring.

"Your first objective is to bypass the Tau patrols, and proceed to the ruins marked Strategic Point Alpha. It should be safe for us to code-vox further instructions from there."

The Thunderhawk's ramp opened, and harsh sunlight flared through the opening. The roar of engines increased tenfold.

"Deathwatch... Emperor be with you."

The Marines deployed.

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Secure Strategic Point Alpha.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Remain Undetected.

LOCAL TERRAIN: Dense Woodland.

LOCAL CONDITIONS: Pre-Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 20 May 2006, 21:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Deathwatch: Operation Wraith [Game Thread]

battle brother ulsus looked around at each of his battle brothers as the thunderhawk came to the gorund. when it touched down and the ramp opened he steps out and kneels covering the forest for his brothers advance.

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 20 May 2006, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Fauron moved out of the gunship cautiously, Ulsus had point and hadn't detected anything but that was no need to take chances. Fauron moved slightly ahead of the Ultramarine, his bolt pistol and thunderhammer were holstered and he held his bolter ready, searching for targets, he detected none and signaled to his battle brothers.
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Old 20 May 2006, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Krimxon Send a message via Yahoo to Krimxon

Upon hearing the signal "Go, go go!", Krimnox stepped out of the Thunderhawk, boots clunking heavily on the ramp, with his bolter at his side.

Looking around, it was still fairly dark out. He nodded to Ulsus's signal to move further into the dense forest. The open area from where they landed was very small. One step out, and they were in bush. Branches snapped and leaves ruffled under the feet of the squad.

Old 20 May 2006, 22:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

He was the fourth to exit from the Thunderhawk, He moved quickly and silently as he could, his boots still clanking as he he exited from the Thunder hawk. Checking every feature of his surroundings, Oniyoh joined his battle-brothers in the squad. He was glad his squad was in the cover, it would give them an advantage to remain undetected from the unsuspecting Tau.

Remembering his Primary orders and Secondary orders of remaining undetected, he loaded a clip of "Stalker Silenced" bolts into his bolter.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 21 May 2006, 00:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ulsus checks to make sure his ammo is in properly and that the safety is off. hopefully he would not be employing his heavy bolter yet as that would ruin the teams stealth effect however should they come under attack he would not hesitate

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 21 May 2006, 01:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Brother Lazarus switches off the safety and looks around. It's still dark. Good. These foul xenos will die by knife as stealth is imperative. He moves with his battle brothers into the brush.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 21 May 2006, 01:39   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

The forest is alive... thousands of creatures chirrup and chitter in the pre-light. There were roads here once, but the trees seek to reclaim them, along with the distant ruins...

Something moves in the darkness, a pair of disk-shaped Drones, Carbines hunting for targets. They float along at head-height, scanning for movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 21 May 2006, 01:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The forest is alive... thousands of creatures chirrup and chitter in the pre-light. There were roads here once, but the trees seek to reclaim them, along with the distant ruins...

Something moves in the darkness, a pair of disk-shaped Drones, Carbines hunting for targets. They float along at head-height, scanning for movement.
Oniyoh keeps his wits about as the rest of his Battle-Brothers emerge from the Thunderhawk,
Although the forest is alive with movement, he sees strange movement in the darkness, as though something were floating and looking, hunting. Quickly he raises his bolter and looks into the scope, his auto-senses kicking in for night vision, he gets on the vox-caster.

"Brothers, At 12 o' clock, Tau? "
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 21 May 2006, 02:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Still covering from the exit 2 of the thunderhawk, Jeret looked out into the foilage. Slight flickers colour could be seen through the vegetation, heading slowly toward the teams postion.

"Brothers, At 12 o' clock, Tau? "

"They are drones, boys... safety off"
Jertet whispered into the headset.

Shouldering his Bolter, Jeret pulled out his bolt pistol and brung his knife out underhanded.

In the dense woodland a pistol would in turn work better then a rifle.

"Try to keep clear, contact only in the high threat of being detected."
Keeping his advice clear, He crouched down and walked out of the Hawk, hitting the foilage as he entered into the woods with the team.