Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Marijuana
Old 24 May 2010, 18:20   #71 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Marijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
But for personal observations and responding to calls. People that lived in low income mainly 5th district here kept the dogs outside. Which would be your big dogs.
After giving it some thought I think you are probably right. It is probably more common to keep dogs inside where I have lived. You can't really keep dogs outside in the winter in Wisconsin, and it would be a stretch in Pennsylvania for most breeds. I haven't really spent much time in climates where you could. I am moving down to New Orleans next year though, so that should give me a clearer perspective.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 18:32   #72 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
But for personal observations and responding to calls. People that lived in low income mainly 5th district here kept the dogs outside. Which would be your big dogs.
After giving it some thought I think you are probably right. It is probably more common to keep dogs inside where I have lived. You can't really keep dogs outside in the winter in Wisconsin, and it would be a stretch in Pennsylvania for most breeds. I haven't really spent much time in climates where you could. I am moving down to New Orleans next year though, so that should give me a clearer perspective.
Good point about the weather. It will make a differance. But in general higher income families would probably care more for their pet than lower income families. I hate blanket statements and only judging this by the calla I've responded to. It seems like lower income familes really don't care about dog upkeep. I've smelled and seen some dirty dogs. I'll shoot it cause you can see bugs and flies all around and it's probaly diseased.

Even higher income families will have outdoor dogs. But they look clean. If it's a pure breed than it's probably both indoor and outdoor. Also I noticed those dogs actually listen and friendlier.

Also keep in mind some people have dogs fight each other as well. So besides caring it can fight or not or mean enough the owner generally doesn't care.

Still researching gonna take awhile. But gonna read how this census guy killed a dog.
Old 24 May 2010, 18:36   #73 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompuBrains
Yeah, that's why flashbangs would've been perfect to use in this scenario. No dead dogs or injured officers.
actually that how they accidently killed the 9yr old. If you use flashbangs you still have to go in. It just give you extra advantage cause everyone inside is distorted.
In any marginally dangerous situation involving kids you're always going to have a dead kid .1% of the time. That's life. All we can do is learn from the mistake, and use it to help train SWAT teams better and engineer better Flash-Bangs.

Of course you still have to raid the place. But you'll be able to attack them before they get their bearings, meaning nonlethal methods of capture become more reasonable. I don't know how you would go about restraining a dog in particular, but in the corgi's sake it seems like a single officer could hold it down. (I guess you could taze it too, but i don't know if a dog that size could survive the shock. Oh well better than getting shot with a real gun I suppose.)

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
compubrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 18:41   #74 (permalink)
Shas'El

Use of Force Chart. It was a simple one I've found. It's very generalize and gives you an ideal but not neccesary procedure.

Old 24 May 2010, 19:03   #75 (permalink)
Ethereal

That makes sense and seems perfectly reasonable. But that obviously just refers to humans. We don't value anything as highly as human life, so the use of deadly force against an animal isn't so hard to justify, for better or for worse. And that chart doesn't really reflect other techniques outside of direct interaction. I am sure departments have procedures those as well, of course. It isn't that hard, and it is really safer and more fair to the officers.

And I think it is reasonable that sometimes officers will misread the threat and go higher on these scales than they needed to. And accidents will happen. But in this case, the family didn't even get an apology, let alone compensation. The police department just bunched up and got defensive about it. Pretty much the only thing they expressed any regret about is that the warrant was old (which is why they claim they didn't find anything). Some of the comments they made actually border on slander, to be honest, although I imagine they will get away with it. Apparently the warrant was based on information from informants, so it might be one of those situations you described earlier.
Old 24 May 2010, 19:13   #76 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
That makes sense and seems perfectly reasonable. But that obviously just refers to humans. And it doesn't really reflect other techniques outside of direct interaction. I am sure most departments have procedures those as well, of course. It isn't that hard, and it is really safer and more fair to the officers.

And I think it is reasonable that sometimes officers will misread the threat and go higher on the scale than they needed to. And accidents will happen. But in this case, the family didn't even get an apology. The police department just bunched up and got defensive about it
I've found one for dogs that some police use. The above one changes slightly depending where you work. Also if Charles Barkley was assaulting a 4" tall female she would be justified in shooting him. We actually make jokes about 5" tall officers cause they can almost shoot anyone and get away with it.

Also they're defensive about it cause the guy probably went strait to law suit mode. If he gave his name and didn't try to act difficult he would probably gotten an apology.
Old 24 May 2010, 20:03   #77 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
If he gave his name and didn't try to act difficult he would probably gotten an apology.
Sure. And what about his family? Did they seem to be acting "difficult"? As far as I can tell from the video they seemed to be cooperating.

The point about giving his name is interesting. The Supreme Court has noted exceptions to the Miranda Rights (name being one of them, and obviously with a warrant probable cause was more than established), but they are not really common knowledge. And it was always more about what could be used in court as opposed to what police can use force to figure out. But that isn't obvious from what the general public hears.
Old 24 May 2010, 20:32   #78 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Quote:
If he gave his name and didn't try to act difficult he would probably gotten an apology.
Sure. And what about his family? Did they seem to be acting "difficult"? As far as I can tell from the video they seemed to be cooperating.

The point about giving his name is interesting. The Supreme Court has noted exceptions to the Miranda Rights (name being one of them), but they are not really common knowledge. And it was always more about what could be used in court as opposed to what police can use force to figure out. But that isn't obvious from what the general public hears.
The family wasn't and the male was slighlty not complying with law enforcement.

Not identifying yourself is trully stupid. It's to determine if you're not x drug dealer or y mass murder. Once we got your name race and birth date we pretty much got all your info. One person didn't want to give their social once
I ran their name and asked if x was their social. They then got upset and I told them now do you feel silly not telling me. Than I explained the reason we needed these things and she was cool about it.

Police run your name to see if you have a warrent or not. If you choose not to comply than you just gave me probale cause to think you may have a warrant, illegal, or you hiding something if you lie about your info when we run your info we'll find out. So to save you a bunch of grief it's in your best intreast to identify yourself. You're hurting yourself by being difficult.
Old 03 Jun 2010, 19:08   #79 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, I live in Mexico, that pretty much says it... Marijuana is bad in large quantities and continuous use, however, it is a reality that more than 30% of the people around where I live actually smoke it. The only way of confronting the issue is to inform people, create cultural awareness instead of saying "DRUGS ARE BAAAAD!", nobody's buying that crap anymore. If the governments were to legalize marijuana, they would have to first inform people, make them understand what its effects are and regulate its consumption. The thing is, drug cartels deal in many drugs, and marijuana being one of the most widespread, you could theoretically take it off their deal and tax it, providing government revenue for fighting against the true hard drugs. It would be akin to a win-win situation, you take money off the bad guys and get money to fight them, plus, you can regulate the distribution of marijuana and make sure that it isn't harmful to anyone.

I tell you, smoking marijuana isn't anything very strange or harmful, I do it and I still keep in shape, don't have problems with authority and I am certainly not madder than I was before. Law doesn't stop people wanting to get marijuana, it is just so easily available that it is impossible for the government to outright eradicate it because of it being ilegal. The best way to fight the use of hard drugs and diminish the problems of marijuana is education!

People know they shouldn't drive while drunk, still they do it; not all people know they shouldn't drive while stoned...