Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

13 Year Old Father, 15 Year Old Mother. Where Has Innocence Gone?
Old 15 Feb 2009, 23:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 13 Year Old Father, 15 Year Old Mother. Where Has Innocence Gone?

I find it absolutely disgusting, where the hell are the parents? Is it just me or does it seem scary that people are having sex younger and younger? And what makes it worse is that the 13 year old may not be the father and that there are many other possibilities of who may be the father. What happened to childhood?

P.S. Vall, I don't think it was Obama's fault, so don't bring it up! Lol joking...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to coolmule
Default Re: 13 Year Old Father, 15 Year Old Mother. Where Has Innocence Gone?

I dunno, I'd have happily had sex at 13, and my childhood was hardly lost. Hell, I still play with lego. And before you ask, no I don't act like a kid because I'm socially inept, I'm a perfectly normal, socially adept, academically stuffed 19 year old.

On a slightly more considered note, I think this story is mostly shocking 'cos the chap is so youngfaced. I think he is probably unprepared for fatherhood due to his youth, but I wouldn't get in a panic about the sexuality of todays youth because of a story in the Sun.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 02:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

13 year old males may want sex, but are they honestly ready? And being a father is nothing a child should go through....
Old 16 Feb 2009, 06:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

He's not ready. No doubt about it. But somehow, I doubt this is the first time its happened. And I seriously doubt it'll be the last. Hell, I woulda been ****ing like crazy when I was thirteen, given a chance.

Additionally, I tend to think that many people who lament "The Loss Of Innocence In The Modern Age" are taking something of a tainted view to the past. Take off those rose-coloured glasses when looking back

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
BloodiedFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 06:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

But the thing is girls are dressing sluttier than what they used to at a younger age. I'm not seeing previous generations werent innocent, anything but. But this girl is believed to have slept with many guys...
Old 16 Feb 2009, 06:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yknow, I keep hearing that...Ive heard it for the past twenty years, and I haven't actually seen a change. There are plenty of cases of young folks having kids before...heck, in ages past, people routinely got married in their teens. The only reason it seems "so early" now is because people are getting married later.

This sort of thing mostly just points out why early sex ed is needed, and that, as usual, some parents either don't know or don't care what their kids do.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 07:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Children still have way more innocence then they used to. Industrial revolution had them working in factories and mines at age 8 or so, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be going home to do homework or play afterwards....
Before that was middleages where you were married at 12.....

But thats not to say having a child at age 13 is a good thing. I guess its the context of the time, and our context doesnt condone such behaviour.

I wouldn't blame the 13 year old though, I'm more wondering what the 15 year old was doing with the boy that looks 8......
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 08:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
But the thing is girls are dressing sluttier than what they used to at a younger age.
Define slutty. Betcha there's always been kids who dress more provocatively than those around them. Problem is, provocative is subjective. Those racy skirts worn by the flappers in generations past? Hardly worth a double-take by now. Standards change

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
BloodiedFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 13:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I work with a guy who had a few kids at that age and he did fine and looks after his kids well, working as many hours as he can to provide for them.

Having said that he has nearly drank himself to death by the age of 20.

I dont think its that bad to be honest, for the vast majority of human history it was the accepted norm to have kids that early. The only problem now is that most kids arent responsible.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 13:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Its Obama's fault!!! kidding, kidding.

Myself I heard that the kid was eleven, and the girl was thirteen, which would be even worse.

Personally, I don't see the issue with it though. Kids are taught to act on impulses and say **** the rules these days so its the foreseeable consequence.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote