Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

First time rant :P may be good, may not be good
Closed Thread
Old 02 Dec 2006, 16:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default First time rant :P may be good, may not be good

So I finally realised there were more to the TO Boards then I thought there was :P Or I rather I should say that I was aware of them, but never really "scrolled down this far" lol so yeah.

I figured that with everyone ranting and raving about sumthing, I may as well jump on the band wagon and make my opinions heard:

Music preferences and sterotypes.
Nothing bothers me more then the "hardcores" out there. Everyone knows who they are. They are in every music genre, the ones that know everything there is to know about it, weither it be country, rap, heavy metal, rock or any other genre. They have always come across to me as the type of people that will basically shun you for the simple fact that you don't know a certain fact, or because you listen to other music.

Me? My music preferance is Heavy Metal. I didn't get into it until I was about 15-16, but I found it, and I'll never leave. I still listen to other forms of music though, and I appreciate it. I love my metal, but every now and then I need to listen to something differant, just to break up the "routine".

The one thing that pisses me off about some people, is they judge others by the music they listen to. Being a metal head, I obviously look the part. Its comfortable and it sends a message out. Don't Y'xauk with me, and I won't Y'xauk your life up. Its a masculinity thing. Thats what metal is all about. Feeling powerfull. Any way, there have been so many chances that I have had with girls (to either date, or one night stand), until they do find out I listen to metal. We'll be hitting it off fine, until a metal song comes on at the bar or party and i'll start head banging or singing along, or just saying "Hey! I love this song! These guys are wicked!"....next thing I know I'm sitting alone on the couch with a half a bottle of Jack Daniels and a hard on.

So I have mixed musical tastes. So I have variety, so what? Your going to udge me because I can fit into most any crowd? Pathetic really.

Politics
I hate politics. It wastes time. It is in my opinion not needed. All they do is talk. I have never once been personally effected by the gov't. Sure they give me money every quarter and rebate cheques once in a while, but that hardly pays back the thousands I give to them each year. What ever happened to the good ol' days where their was a king that ruled the country, went to war riding in front of his troops and all that? What ever happened to doing things simple like?

Politically correct?? What in the Y'xauk is that? If I wanna use a word, I'll use the damn word, and every one else can hear it or not, I'm not here to make people happy. If I offend them, I can't help it if they have insecurity issues. Thats their problem not mine. That doesn't mean I'm a jack D'yi, I just don't care. I used to, but my life was going no where. I was the nice guy, the guy that everyone could turn to, and people started to abuse that, so I said Y'xauk them. I sent them out of my life. But it kept happening. Wherever I went, people would use me for my kindness, and would not give me anything in return. Everytime I wanted to talk about something personal, be it a problem or just life in general, they would always walk away. So I stopped caring. The few friends I do have left are the ones that have been their for me, as I used to be their for everyone.

Media
Not a big fan of the media. Yes its amusing to read/watch every now and then, but I could live without it. All I ever see is people trying to hook ppl into watching more TV instead of getting out and actually do something, all for the sake of getting higher ratings, in turn giving them more money. It sickens me to think that their are people out there that would lower and degrade other peoples lives for the sake of making more money. On the other hand, they have the choice to watch the program or not.

I guess its more directed at the News programmes and shows like E! Talk daily (first one that came to mind) or the Tabloids. For the News, well....I just think that the story is skewed or portraid differently to drag in the veiwers and hence, raise the rateings and receive more money. I never pay attention to the news any more. If it doesnt happen to me, then it doesnt interest me. Self centered? Maybe. I've always said my ego has a shadow....

As to those celebrity stalking TV shows. Thats just pathetic. How can people make an honest living delving into rich and famous celebrity's lives? Don't you think that they want to lead a "normal" life, and not have to worry if theirs someone in those bushes over their watching every move they make? How can those types of people have a clean conscience? I don't understand it, I don't want to. All I know is that its creepy, and invades other peoples personal lives.

Emos

"My dad doesnt understand me so I where my sisters clothing and make out with other guys and slit my wrists..."

Right....thats just a little Sav'Y'xauk up. Where the hell did they come from any way?? It was like they just popped out of nowhere but they were every where! Besides, if all they wanna do is be differant, then why are they all the same? And if they like to cut their wrists....why the hell are there still so many god damn emos? It has never made sense to me. Why guys would like to dress in their sisters clothes that are to tight and not long enough to cover their D'yi or their ankles is beyond me. Not to mention the hair cuts....its sad really.

"Im not gay! I just make out with other guys because chicks like that kinda stuff...."

Riiiiiight! You keep telling yourself that you dink touching, sack fondling queer. I have never met a girl that thinks two guys making out is hot. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. I guess they never got the memo.

Homosexuality
I've never had a problem with "homo's" or "queers" as I call them. Its the ones that hit on me that I have problems with, or the ones that have that funny stance, or the really really really feminine ones....its just.....creepy..... *shudders*

homophobe? probably.

Religion
This is a tough topic for me. Simply because I have three differant veiws about it, and mostly towards Christianity.
1) I beleive in God.
2) I don't think there is a God or a Satan or a Heaven or Hell, and think religion is for the weak and insecure.
3) I beleive in Satan.

It differs from one day to the next, and I can never find a conclusion with either of them. I want to beleive in God, and all that Jazz, but their is just to much scientific evidence to prove other wise. Another reason is that I see pastors as useless. It may be because I beleive that religion should not belong in politics (as Christianity did way back when. They pretty much were the government) Its the people that use religion to gain politic power that really through me off. Their the ones that have ineveitably made me beleive that everything in the bible is wrong. Besides, if mankind started with Adam and Eve, then technically we are all products of Incest. And is that not a sin? Any way, its hard for me to describe in written words what I say or think, so I'm just going to leave it at that :P

Wow...I thought I would have had a little more to rant about....any way, cheers! i look forward to readin the reply's , good or bad.

Snow
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 16:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus
Default Re: First time rant :P may be good, may not be good

Huzzah! *punches fist* To the Rantmobile!

That's a good point, actually... where in the hell did emos come from? I never saw or heard of any 'till like a couple years ago, then WHAM they're everywhere, bleaching their hair and muttering bad poetry about how no-one understands them. Maybe it's an alien invasion?

To emo doodz: Yeah, Life Sucks. It's true. Reality is Klkn. But I don't really see the point in whining about it! I hate the pettiness of existance as much as y'all do, but I figure I might as well have fun while I'm at it. Quit complaining already. Actually I don't care that much if you complain - I do it all the time - but stop being such whiny Ta'uk'mera.
- put the razor down,
The Darkest Mind

(Just as an aside, Song Of Ice And Fire rocks!)

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

Hating someone for a life style choice is just sad, get over yourself. :

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Please elaborate.... What lifestyle do you refer to??
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 02:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, and so is being "emo". They chose to be that way so it's a lifestyle choice (unless you believe people are born gay, I don't but that could be true).

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 02:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Actually yes, homosexuality can be genetic (there are gay animals you know). But some people choose to be that way. *shrug* I'm sure there's no Emo Gene.

Why can't I hate someone for their lifestyle choice? 'Neo-Nazi' is a lifestyle choice as well, not that I'm comparing emos to neo-nazis (they'd never have the balls to invade Poland ;D). If you choose to live your life as a fool, then I'll treat you like one.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 02:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Greater_Good
Hating someone for a life style choice is just sad, get over yourself. :
If not hate someone for their choices, do you hate them for things that they can't control, like being retarded or having blue eyes?

There are lifestyle choices that people consciously make. Then, there are the things that they can't control. Genetic things. Did you choose to be heterosexual? Odds are, you didn't. Some drive in your brain kicked in one day and you started looking at members of the opposite sex with a different light. Do homosexuals choose to be gay? Probably not. It's the same kind of thing. Attacking or hating someone because of those uncontrollables is wrong. Attacking or hating someone for the conscious decisions they make is not "sad" or "wrong", unless you feel it is wrong to hate anybody.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 02:52   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I personally don't hate anybody for the decisions they make... Instead, I feel sorry for them.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 02:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

You've been going the wrong clubs dude.

The ones I go into, if some seriously heavy band come on and you say you like them to most of the girls in there, it would have completely the opposite effect to what your having :P.

Not that I could use that now my musical tastes have mellowed, haha.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 03:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The point I was trying to make is, people being emo most likely doesn't really effect him, so why hate someone for their choice of how to live?

Closed Thread