Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How much alcohol do you drink?
Closed Thread
Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default How much alcohol do you drink?

I am really interested to know how much alcohol you guys drink per week.

To start this topic let's begin with myself, be prepared

From Monday to Thursday I mostly drink nothing, except for two three beers at a nice soccer game on TV.

At Friday I mostly go drink at friends after work, this means that I have about six bottles of beer (0,3 cl)
before we go to the pub/bar. At the pub/bar we mostly give each other drinks and that means another six bottles of beer (0,3 cl). Actually it are 8 or 10 glasses, but that depends on the size of the glasses, it roughly means about six bottles.

At Saturday every other week I also go to the pub/bar and have the same amount of drinks on Friday.
(that means 12 bottles of beer (3,6 liter)) The other week I mostly stay at home and drink about four/five beers, wines or mix drinks.

And at Sunday I also stay at home and have about four/five beers, wines or mix drinks.

So this means I drink about 20/28 drinks a week...

I am 19 years old, Dutch and I have a Beertender (Automated beer tap) and a Wine rack fulled with different kinds of wines and alcoholic bottles in it, at my room.

Now am I an alcoholic? :P

Share your amount of drinking with other people.

(This is not the AA, anonymous Alcoholics ;D)
Old 18 Apr 2006, 23:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: How much alcohol do you drink?

Hmm, let me see. I don't drink anything in mondays. Also, I think I have never drank in tuesdays, and I can't remember drinking ever in wednesday. If I recall memories, I can't see me drinking in thursday, or friday. And I usally don't drink in saturdays and sundays. Hey, wait a moment!!! I'm abstemious!!!
-TYranid "Magma Corer": 0%
Old 19 Apr 2006, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

[size=12pt]A beverage's story, in a the daily life of Mal (Monday through Thursday)[/size]

~ It's early ~

I'm sipping free trade viajero coffee with some toast. Generally reading something or clicking around with my slippers still on and generally checking a lot of forecast information for the temperature for the day. I used to put a lot more caffeine into this process, but started easing that back a while ago.

[size=7pt]Fresh pressed in my Bodom, not filtered.[/size]

~ It's lunch-ish time ~

It's cold half the year, so my shelf beer doesn't even need to contend for space in the refrigerator. I generally support my local brews made right here in Quebec, via Belle Guelle or Boreal. I prefer reds/rouses when it's warm. Otherwise, if it is a nice cold one, it's probably going to be a light lager, like a Negro Modelo or any other mexican or south american beer that was on special that weak at my local drepanneur. I generally keep it just to having one though.

~ It's getting dark, time to relax ~

It's getting later and we don't have to go anywhere. I'm probably working on my shelf beer some more. I'll go through one at least. Maybe two if the missess doesn't make a fuss about it. She'd like me to keep in shape after all. At dinner, we always have wine. We keep a healthy stock and re-stock regularly. I keep both bottles for guests and boxes of table wine for general consumption here for dinners. No sense in over-spending. Later in the evening, if I'm chilly or just looking to relax for the night's sleep, I have a decaf. I'm particular on my decaf because generally it just doesn't taste as good as caffeinated; so I'm very used to kona coffee (traditional roast). This one is filtered, for ease. I usually add some nice Tia Maria to it, instead of milk and it helps me sleep like a baby at night. I'm usually wearing my slippers again.

So on a daily basis, 1 to 2 beers probably is normal. At least a glass of wine. And a little liqueur in my coffee in the evening.

~ It's the weekend ~

This is always random. No averages, no norms. Sometimes, it's a lot, sometimes a little. Usually it's just beer though, as I'm not big on harder things nor generous amounts of wine. I like it simple and sippable. And if I have a salty snack or some peanuts, well, the case won't last through the night, especially if Hockey is on.

Cheers!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 01:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

ummm...during the week, it tends to vary...some days i might not drink at all, although those are rare days. often, i have 3 or so beers at uni, and if we have any, more at home...some days i go right over that, tho. i've had days at uni (far too many of 'em, in fact), where i've got to the bar, had a few drinks, had a whole bundle more, and realised i'm too drunk to drive, and just keep drinking (hasn't heppened in a week or 2. but last time it did happen, i was drinking for 14 hours straight...got knows how much i drank). weekdays where i'm not at uni, i often end up in a bar anyway, and have at least a pint or 2...bare minimum. if not, i'll usually chill out at home with half a glass of scotch in my hand in front of my computer

friday night, if i'm drinking heavily, i usually consider it a light night if a drink anything less than about 10 drinks (they're not all beer...i like mixing it up a little more than that). it'll probably be an average night if i'm going through about 10-15 drinks (actually, looking at how much money i spend on booze, that's looking a little low...ok, to put it another way, 60 bucks on booze in a 5 or 6 hour night is faily light for me...at 4-5 bucks a piece...so that's anywhere from 12-15 drinks for a light night...up to 100 bucks is a pretty average night...up to 100 is comfortably drunk...so that's like 20-25 drinks in five or six hours. anything over that and you're looking at a blinder...i once managed to blow 170 bucks on myself in a night...still not quite sure how i did it. by the end i shouldn't have been able to use my key-card)

saturday night, i tend to go to the pub in the early afternoon. i don't like the city at night on a saturday, so i tend not to get drunk, unless i'm at a mates place...so saturday is often only 2 or 3 pints

sunday...pretty similar to saturday, except i don't mind going out into the city on a sunday night. actually, i love it...its nice and quiet, no waits in bar queues, there's always a spare seat or pool table, and you're never forced into the non-smoking area by an excess of people

now, i don't always get drunk every weekend. sometimes there's no-one to drink with, sometimes i have work too early, sometimes i just don't feel like it. but i do get drunk ever week at least once, and far more often 2 or 3 times in a week (i prefer 2 or 3 times).

so in other words, 20/28 drinks in a week would be a quiet week for me (ie the last 2 weeks...can't remember a single one for ages before that)...dunno how much it would be for a normal week, someone else do the math

as for alcoholism...bah!! neither of us are anywhere near it

i am 20 years old and australian. we dont have any fancy gear like a beertender, but we do tend to have a case of beer lying around most of the time (unless its all been drunk...), and i always have a bottle of decent scotch

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Apr 2006, 03:08   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Dude(s)! You're going to have no liver left by the time your 40! I mean I can't legally drink myself but 28 drinks per week! Wow! How is your overall health, any physical problems from consuming this much alcohol?

"Perhaps I should note that there IS NO WAY TO LIVE LIFE. There is NO guidebook, there is no standard, there's nothing of the sort and anyone who's deluded enough to tell you there is is fooling himself or herself (or itself of course)." -FOXX-
Old 19 Apr 2006, 05:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

ummm...you do realise that up to 4 drinks a day (standard drinks, aka standard units) is considered healthy for a guy?? (up to 2 for girls)...and although i break that limit several days a week, its still not enough to be a serious problem

my health holds up fine, no physical problems, nothing like that. its the smoking that's probably more of an issue

coincidentally, 28 a week ain't that much...you could binge your way through that many drinks in a night (or day) if you put your mind to it. or 2 lighter nights...hell, i've done both

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Apr 2006, 06:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hmmm, I'd have to say between 0 to 10 drinks (equivalent of one shot of distilled liquor) per week.

In all honesty, it depends on how hyperactive my brain is at bed time - I'll down a half a bottle or more of Merlot so that I can crash out. I have a real insomnia problem, and the drugs you get OTC and from prescription are too strong for me to function properly until halfway through the next day.

Some weeks I'm fine (hence the zero), and other times I hit the sauce lit Father Hennessy from Constantine!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have seen people who drink a crate of beer a day, that's 24 bottles of beer!
Those are the real alcoholics.

By drinking alcohol on a small amount a day it is considered healthy, this means about two to three
glasses. Red wine is the most healthiest, it is good for the hearth and veins.

I am still a student, but I still live at home, if I would live in a student building the amount would be much more.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:54   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Normally one glass of wine a week... with occasional binges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 Apr 2006, 10:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Used to drink quite a few at the weekend.
Don't drink at all anymore :-\.

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Closed Thread