Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shas'o Kar'savo Tio've
Old 27 May 2010, 15:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Shas'o Kar'savo Tio've

This project is going to be for my new(I say new but i really just mean more organised) Army. i do play tau right now and i am planning on keeping all my old models for use in larger games where i dont want to proxy models. my basic plan of action is between now and mid-summer play a mass amount of games play testing armies at different point values. I intend for the main line of lists to be of a Hybrid Style

Step 1: Play a massive amount of games at 600pts against different people with different armies and create the best available all round force for that point value.

Step 2: Once i have 600pts set in stone i will build on it adding points to make the next value up. these values will be 800, 1000, 1250 and 1500. no new lists will be created unless all preceding lists have been completely drawn up and play tested to near perfection. I will go higher later on however they will take much longer to test

Step 3: create two new branches of lists. one will be a fully mechanised version of my army starting at 1000 points the other will be a Ninja tau branch starting at 1500 points these may be left off until later if too many new models must be brought.

Step 4: once all 5 Hybrid lists have had the bugs beat out of them I will buy the appropriate units to fill the gaps

Step 5: Imbue this list with loads of pictures of my new coulor scheme and any conversions i have made.

other things that will happen in and around these steps
Creation of Fluff for the army
Designing/planning certain conversions
Creating a colour scheme for use in the army
posting of some battle reports information and recent developements to my lists

now for those of you hoping to see anything immediately may be dissapointed as any work i am planning will not commence until after the 1st of July. I am making that my set date to buy modelling equipment and my first model which will be a commander XV8. until then all i can say is bear with me and dont get cold feet before any news on conversions and reports comes out.
ColdShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 20:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Shas'o Kar'savo Tio've

You seem to have a very comprehensive plan there. Can't wait to see what you do.

Go dtí an Maxtreme!!
MrMobiusMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 05:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks. well i have several conceptual conversions made using old bitz in my spare time so later i could post them up if i can find a camera.
Old 28 May 2010, 06:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i found this neat painting tool at http://www.freewebs.com/grimdarkness/painterprogram.htm
now i will be stepping away from the traditional Kel'shan uniform for now in favour of a lighter form of the standard tau desert camoflauge. other cadres with different colours may be made later on however for now it is best left alone as it is irrelevant to this project
Armour Colour: Desert Yellow - only paint i actually need
Cloth Colour: Snakebite Leather
Feet Colour: Scorched Brown
Detail Colour: Bleached Bone
Sept Colour: Golden Yellow
definetly worth considering that tau adapt their camoflauge to best suit the combat situation. No black and grey coloured tau running through a desert or open grassland!
Old 29 May 2010, 11:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i...am actually not sure why only a single letter came out on the screen. it was meant to have a few details on my battle yesterday.
My list was
HQ
Shas'el Commander
PR, FB, MT, HW-DC (2 S-drones) - 117pts
Elite
Shas'ui Crisis battlesuit
Tl-F TL - 36pts
Troops
6 fire warriors - 60pts
6 fire warriors - 60pts
Fast Attack
6 Fire Warriors - 72pts
Devilfish APC-(DP, DL) - 90pts
Heavy Support
Hammerhead-(RG, BC's, DP, MT)

he fielded a lord 20 chaos marines 5 terminators and a predator with TL-las and Heavy Bolters

it was spearhead capture and control...and i will need to finish later
Old 29 May 2010, 18:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hey guys sorry it took so long to get a picture up. i found i needed to upload them to a photo hosting site to get pics on the thread

this picture is a concept of my commanders head. it is a positional relay with the sides of a normal head on either side. i will make it thinner on the real model when i have some proper tools to work on it with.

this is for the sheild. now this sheild has since had the top two antennea removed as i use persistent trial and error with the design.

for this all i can say is that i intend to use the stealth team objective markers on the shoulders like this
Old 03 Jun 2010, 06:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

right okay at this point in time the thread is going dormant because i cant find any time to spare around study. Cya in June
Old 05 Sep 2010, 15:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The log has risen and I am ready to post again so yeah couple months off target and definetley short of a job (which was supposed to be the lynch pin in my plan) but I have a couple of painted minis which i am happy to show

The only one I have right now is a fire warrior. but I also have a Kroot, a gun drone and a Stealth suit in colours but need touching up in regards to basing and the like. there are more models right now but they arent really ready to show off yet!

without further ado here is my first fully completed model in my army
Old 05 Sep 2010, 15:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Im just gonna throw these other pictures in of my kroot and gun drone
Old 30 Oct 2010, 10:42   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yes... go on...
Adam3004 is offline   Reply With Quote