Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Scythican's Miniature Blog (Warriors of Chaos, Trygon Prime, and Plague Marines)
Old 18 Apr 2010, 02:08   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Warriors of Chaos to Start)

Well I purchased me a new glass cabinet today. Its pressed wood with some sort of lamenated finish, but for $75.00 who's complaining? I got most of my stuff in it. However my orks are still on a table and I have loads of Eldar and Daemons of Chaos still awaiting a spot. But this is about 75% of what I have. As you can see, a lot of stuff isn't painted and a lot more needs stripped and repainted. Oh well! :-[
The last pic is the reason why my paintjobs look like klkn most of the time!

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 02:28   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Warriors of Chaos to Start)

Forgot these. One of my latest WIP Ork vehicles. Made it from some sort of Beer Wagon model that I got at the Flea Market for $0.50. I bought the trukk bitz from Hoard O' Bitz for about $12.00. I guessa I gotsa mesa a pretty okee-day trukk fer less than $13.00! Oh...it is complete with some nasty dyi stink bomb chucka (I was aiming for Toxic sludge...)

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:33   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Collection Pics and a new Trukk Conversion)

Quite an awesome Collection you have there, looks like you have a lot of painting ahead of you. I really like the look of the tyranids.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:45   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Collection Pics and a new Trukk Conversion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Quite an awesome Collection you have there, looks like you have a lot of painting ahead of you. I really like the look of the tyranids.
Yeah...alot of painting. I have 10 more Chaos Knights, a few more boxes of Chaos Warriors, Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount, a few Khorne Chaos Champions, a Chaos Champion of Khorne, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Sigvald the Magnificent, Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaut, two boxes of Chaos Warhounds, a Chaos Chariot, 10 Chaos Warriors Chosen, some Daemonettes, Blood Letters, a Soul Grinder, Ork Fighta, Jain Zar, Harlequin Troupe, Howling Banshees, Fire Dragons, and a Looted Tonka Trukk to add to that collection as well.

Thanks for the comments on the nids too. They were camo green and scorched brown with a purple ink wash. All accept the Tyrgon Prime. His was red wash. I think I was drinking that night. Got to fix him soon.

I think early on I was mistaken into think warhammer was pokemon or something. I couldn't seem to stop buying models before I finished the ones I had. The only completly painted army I had was my Tau army and it was sold to get that Warriors of Chaos army.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:26   #15 (permalink)
Shas'La

I see that count-as Plague Hulk waaaaay back near the corner!

I'm don't drink, but something tells me that one of those bottles on the bottom doesn't belong with the rest...

If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America.
Begel Dverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:31   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be'gel D'verl
I see that count-as Plague Hulk waaaaay back near the corner!

I'm don't drink, but something tells me that one of those bottles on the bottom doesn't belong with the rest...
Keen eyes! Yeah the dust cleaner doesn't mix well for some reason. I keep spraying in the shot glasses but all it does is blow the drink all over my face! :'(

As for the plague hulk, he is starting to come along. I have a maggot infested belly on him and I am working on his ass today! :shifty:

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:37   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yay! someone else with stompas!

Also; Wraithlords! coolest models ever.

all in all, amazing collection man. great paint jobs, and i remember that tyrannofex in the tyranid section. very epic.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 17:34   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
yay! someone else with stompas!

Also; Wraithlords! coolest models ever.

all in all, amazing collection man. great paint jobs, and i remember that tyrannofex in the tyranid section. very epic.
Thanks for the comments. I hope the finish those stompas one day!

I know its been awhile. I am sorry about that, but I was working on some difficult commissions. I managed to convert and paint up a few things though, mostly for the tauonline contests. Here are some better pictures of some of my entries plus some other tidbitz.

Archaon, The Everchosen made to look like General Kael from Willow (also I know his armour shouldn't be red. My wife wanted it red for her Khorne army):

Some sorcerers:

A converted Mounted Sorcerer:

Nurgle Sorcerer:

Sigvald, (Just wanted to paint him different. Red was probably the wrong choice though...):

My Trygon Prime Comparison:

Up next some close ups of my Plague Marines!!!

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Old 01 Jul 2010, 17:40   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Warriors of Chaos, Trygon Prime, and Plague Marines)

Some more pics of my plague marines, (I have 5 more in progress that show a lot more skeleton legs inside the armour):

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Old 01 Jul 2010, 18:11   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Scythican's Miniature Blog (Warriors of Chaos, Trygon Prime, and Plague Marines)

Wow, you have some awesome painting skills!

I really like Archaon, maybe because he resembles the guy form Darksiders, alot.

Sorcerors are amazing!

And your Trygon Prime is huge!

- Will