Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Marathon Painting Blog
Old 27 Dec 2009, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Marathon Painting Blog

Hi everyone, long time lurker and new member here. I have decided to make a blog about my marathon painting task for this year to keep me enthused and to keep me painting towards the goal of having all my stuff painted. This is made more difficult by my painting time interrupted by university so i will be posting frequently during the breaks but not so much during term time.

First up for a paint job are my Tau. These guys are almost done [well my 2k list at least] and i am hoping to finish them by the 9th of January and i need to paint a hammerhead, piranha, 3 crisis suits and 10 pathfinders before that date but for now here are some of the stuff that has been done so far.

Shas'El

Shas'Vre Body Guard

The Army scheme as a whole is purple but the crisis suits have a ranking colour scheme in that normal crisis suits are blue and the commander is red.

I will update with more pictures of the army so far in the near future, but for now i hope you like them.
TheJacobProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 20:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Marathon Painting Blog

looking good

not too keen on the scheme, but your bases are awesome!

keep it up!
Old 27 Dec 2009, 23:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I can't say that I agree with this ranking system, but it is well executed. You've got some skill with the paint brush .
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 02:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You can't have three weapons systems and a support system on your battlesuits, if they are glued on this may be a problem for WYSIWYG, I like the bases though. I also like the idea of the commander being a different colour, nice touch.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 13:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
You can't have three weapons systems and a support system on your battlesuits, if they are glued on this may be a problem for WYSIWYG, I like the bases though. I also like the idea of the commander being a different colour, nice touch.
I believe because they're bodyguards, they can take 3 battlesuit weapons and hard-wired equipment.

scar.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
I believe because they're bodyguards, they can take 3 battlesuit weapons and hard-wired equipment.

scar.
I had forgotten about that, I haven't played with my tau in a while. Hard wired systems don't have to be represented on the model though, I beleive.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Indeed Hardwired wargear, must be declared (if you are in a full disclosure tournement) but do not need to be represented on the model since Hardwired wargear are built into the Suit or the pilot.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nicely done, they're both crisp and clean as far as I can see, good job! Nice idea on the ranking system by the way.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 00:06   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the comments.
The bodyguard do indeed have hard-wired systems - they are represented on the miniatures but i always make clear what everyone is equipped with at the start of the game and strive to make things as clear as possible for my opponents. The weapons will soon be magnetised for diversity.

Here are the next batch of miniatures - my two units of fire warriors.

I have made a little progress on my pathfinders also and they should be painted soon and ready to post up after the rest of the stuff i have managed to do over the christmas break.

TheJacobProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 09:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hooray for purple!
I was going to do a purple scheme, but i didn't have the guts to try it and used it as my sept colour instead.
But these guys look really cool, nice work.
Although they also remind me of Spyro the Dragon (fun times on the PSone )