Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Draconia the fallen saint & Unforgiven
Old 27 Dec 2009, 05:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default Draconia the fallen saint & Unforgiven

So after a long time waiting i finally go the wings i ordered form reaper and was able to start re-modeling a celestine model and add some evil looking wings to some seraphim. Currently i only have draconia started but hopefully will have some of the unforgiven up and ready for painting sometime soon. Sorry if the pic isnt the highest quality its my first attempt at taking pictures.

All thats currently done is i chopped off the silly dove in her left hand and added a bolter that was slightly modified to serve as an inferno pistol. Still got some stuff to do with green stuff (wish me luck its my first time); like changing her hair a bit, and try to add some cool fire effects to her sword and "pistol", not to mention filling in all the gaps. Ill be willing to hear all C&C as i want to try to get better at this aspect of the hobby.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Draconia the fallen saint & Unforgiven

I really like the look of those wings on celestine. It looks realy cool, kinda like she is Pure...evil.

Good job...
Old 01 Jan 2010, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well got some more stuff done ^^. Finally got but 2 of the Unforgiven (seraphim) done as i ran out of wing...silly 4 packs. Anyhow should be ordering some more this weekend, and hopefully they arrive faster then the last batch. Also i got some experience using green stuff and it wasn't as hard as i though it was going to be, though it wasn't exactly easy either.

Draconia got most of it, as she had the most gaps to fill and she needed some cool fire effects on her sword, which turned out a lot better than i thought they would (though ill let you be the judge).

The Unforgiven

Old 01 Jan 2010, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

The green stuff culd use some cleaning up, you can really see the lines in it from the shaping and your fingerprints. The stuff on her gun arm is pretty heavy too, as is the sword arm join.

The sword looks decent, but I think she's look better with an entirely different weapon altogether. Her sword is still really good guy looking with all the purity seals and the aquila crosspiece. I'd go with a more sinister lookin blade or maybe with an axe or a polearm or something.
Old 02 Jan 2010, 02:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hadn't thought about swapping out the sword for something else, ill look around for some more evil looking weapons. And yeah i figured my use of green stuff would be sub standard, as this is my first time using it, and my first time with any sort of modeling. Ill try and file it down a bit and see if that helps.

And tips or tricks on using green stuff in the future? I shouldn't have that much more to do, but seeing as she will be the centerpiece of the army id like to have her looking good.
Old 02 Jan 2010, 15:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Heres some advice: Don't just glob it on.

To fill gaps all you have to do is roll a small sausage of Greenstuff, fill the gap with that sausage, and then smooth it over so it is flush with all of the model. Its one of the most basic uses of Greenstuff and it'll give you a good idea of how the material works and reacts.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2010, 01:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Thats basically it right there. I'm definately no pro now even and I typcailly just use it for strengthening bonds and gap filling, but I found I always had waaaay more than I needed. Use it in little bits and then shave down the excess. To avoid finger print marks, keep everything wet, especially your tools, it make it easy to get prints out, and makes it easier to work with because it won't stick to your tools.
Old 03 Jan 2010, 16:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the advice, now i just need to find some more evil looking weapons. Any idea where i can find some? I checked reaper but off the top off my head i cant think of any other sites to check.
Old 04 Jan 2010, 01:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you or a friend has a decent sized bitz box, take a gander through there. Theres bound to be something floating around .
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote