Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Imperial Guard WIP, Pics hopefully will be heavy soon ;D
Old 04 Jun 2009, 00:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default My Imperial Guard WIP, Pics hopefully will be heavy soon ;D

Copied over from my old *Inactive* forums =-(
Also not sure where to post this :S, I hope it's here.

So last Saturday went with a mate to see Wolverine (Pretty good film), and went into Games workshop my mate stood 100 yards away as I proceeded into the store, looking at all the new IG stuff really got me excited about 40k again. So I bought a new paintbrush, a pot of that new foundation paint and grab that new 10man Imperial guard set (GW staff was pretty rude to be honest.. was that or he was quite unsocial able ).

I got home and quickly ripped open the package, peering at my new army <3 I quickly cut out the pieces and quickly made a Imperial guard with a Vox caster, I never knew the size difference between the IG and the Space Marines, Whoa they are tiny! But before I whipped out the glue I figured it was best to wait instead of my marines who went from Black Templar, Dark Angles than back to Ultramarines.

Hence I decided to take it slow and add a bit of detail and fluff into the army for inspiration and to make me put that extra 110% effort in. These are the models in which I plan to get in the near future.

----------------
3 Cadian Command Squads
50 Cadian Shock Troops [1 Platoon of 20(+Chimera), 1 Platoon of 30]
6 Cadian Heavy Weapon Teams
3 Sentinels.
2 Leman Russes
10 Karskin + Chimera
1 Hellhound
----------------

Then Later getting the real goodies (BaneBlade ^^) and more men.

Reason I choose Cadia is because all the models are pretty much plastic, their fluff is good and they don't look like Rambo.

Cadian Regiment: 2021 (Choose this because I'm sick of seeing 101...)

General & Lore: 2021st General Lord Aldock der Nysem
A man in his late 50's, he has seen battles raging from Abaddon's 13th Crusade where he fought as a young man and survived, though he was not that lucky losing his arm in heavy fighting in the trenches outside the hive city of Rodage. He quickly rose up the ranks as his loyalty, courage and short temper for lack of discipline rose him up to sergeant, as he continued to climb the ladder he was given the task, of purging the now chaos world, of Ahirnsul. On this harsh climate dust ball of a world it proved to be the perfect training ground, finding the finest solider and leaving the weak behind.

It was a cruel twist of fate, which the weak ones left behind would join chaos out of desperation taking up arms against their former deranged general. By the time each city was cleared of Chaos, and the heretics burned, the general had the hardest men for his beloved Cadia; Chaos couldn't deceive them, nor would the environment control them, they were the 2021st Regiment of Cadia whose discipline tactics would even make a commissioner gasp in shock.

Uniform:

Cadian standard uniform with the exception;
Due to the honour and glory of the recapture of Ahirnsul they wear the red and black lines on their shoulders as a sign of involvement in the campaign of Ahirnsul, with an addition line yellow, blue, or purple line in the middle signifying honours received on the battle field.

Yellow: Outstanding courage in the face of diversity.
Blue: Courageously put you're life above others.
Purple: Lost limb, eye in defence of your own men.

*Applies to the tanks as well*

Being very stubborn, disciplined and proud they refuse to camouflage themselves or their tanks, instead they placed tall banners all over their vechiles.

*Want to make the army very unique, with lots of banners and conversations, I got alto of ideas for the tanks but for the men... I really have no idea. If anyone has any idea please post

Wish me luck =-)

Any tips or advice for painting IG and the infantry would be greatly appreciated.
(Will be adding more fluff when I get the chance)

------------

Any tips and CC appreciated
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My Imperial Guard WIP, Pics hopefully will be heavy soon ;D

Wonderful paint job on the clothing. What did you use for the base on the 2nd Cadian?
Shasel_Aunat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 00:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would suggest rather than painting the numbers on yourself, you can just cut them from the transfers sheet. My IG are the 326th, and since they don't make transfers in that number I just cut individual numbers out myself and put them on there.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 00:25   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunny
Wonderful paint job on the clothing. What did you use for the base on the 2nd Cadian?
Thanks, I used the piece of plastic that goes over the sponsors of the lascannons on land raiders, also random bits of sprue and finally the over spraypainted eagle from the battle of <insert mac something> in 2006 =-S.

@USAFTACP
Yea, that's a better idea except I'm a hack when it comes to tweasers and I really need to improve with free hand as for the vechiles I want to do quite alot of freehand work.

Should I dry brush more, or less and any tips on how to improve using nonmetallic paints on metal areas?

Old 04 Jun 2009, 00:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Those transfers are very forgiving. I spend quite a lot of time pushing and adjusting them to get them in the right places, all you need to do it dap some water now and then and you can play with them forever.

Old 04 Jun 2009, 09:12   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

UPDATE!!!

RAWR!!
PICTURES

Completed members:

His girlfriend was HAWT till I smuged her to death with my paint brush.. :s

~~~
Sarge

Guardsman1:

Guardsman2:

Guardsman3:

Don't want to post all my models, just head over to my photobucket account ^^3
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/Cityfighter/
Also out of room =-(

CC and tips ^^
Old 04 Jun 2009, 11:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love that you painted a woman on his lasgun. Very original. While most Cadian regiments would look does on that, some officers have been known to overlook such things.

Old 04 Jun 2009, 11:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like them. Good tidy job, the bases are particularly good. But there is one thing I notice... the highlighting seems not so smooth. I would suggest a tad more water in your paint for the highlights on the edges... keep it steady and build up rather than thick lashings.
If any goes into a recess, load up another brush with water and remove the paint right away. It will all go if you do it quickly enough. Also, some of the tops need a little more shading in my opinion, a watered down wash of50/50 devlan mud and gryphon sepia would do this really well, whilst maintaining the good work you have achieved on them so far. Just because my only concern is that the bases stand out too much, where you want the model to be the main focal point.
Otherwise. Good job

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 11:24   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
I love that you painted a woman on his lasgun. Very original. While most Cadian regiments would look does on that, some officers have been known to overlook such things.
=-)

Lucky I'm one such officer ^_^, I still need to put the decals on them, but can't find the bloody tweasers !!!!! @:!!!!!!.

Also he looked empty since there was nothing there =-( also when I get green stuff I'll put his hand back =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
I like them. Good tidy job, the bases are particularly good. But there is one thing I notice... the highlighting seems not so smooth. I would suggest a tad more water in your paint for the highlights on the edges... keep it steady and build up rather than thick lashings.
If any goes into a recess, load up another brush with water and remove the paint right away. It will all go if you do it quickly enough. Also, some of the tops need a little more shading in my opinion, a watered down wash of50/50 devlan mud and gryphon sepia would do this really well, whilst maintaining the good work you have achieved on them so far. Just because my only concern is that the bases stand out too much, where you want the model to be the main focal point.
Otherwise. Good job
Thanks! I'll try to fix up their highlights and shading, btw did I go alright with that red light effect?
Old 04 Jun 2009, 11:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah it looks good, but I am having trouble finding the source of the effect... is there a light in that thing, it's hard to tell from the angle.
You don't have a lot to fix really... it's just the thickness of the paint, add more water before you apply the paint. You want a consistency that allows it to flow from the brush with ease, but be opaque and not watery. I usually have 1.5 parts water to every part paint, sometimes 2:1, depending on the actual paint I am using. Lighter coloured paints tend to need less water.

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote