Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Typhon's Project log Version 2 [UPDATE PICS 04/18/09]
Old 08 Apr 2009, 01:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Typhon's Project log Version 2 [UPDATE PICS 04/18/09]

Well, maybe I should do this properly,

I started a project log during march break, I updated it twice, it was poorly written, I kept saying I would add to it every week. Yeah right.

Anyway, I'm starting anew, I will make no promises as to how frequintly I will update this thing, but I'll try, between rugby, soccer, volleyball, badminton, basket ball, the three bands I play in, my girlfriend, homework (pullen' a 90 average! ), multiple parties, the fact I'm still in grade nine, I've got a lot going on, but I'll try.

Anyway enough with the ramble, and onto my army lists. As I finish models I will add a strikethrough to signify I've finished the model AND posted pictures. (these rules are for me, just to remember)

Tau
Commander
Stealth team (3)
Stealth team (3)
Devilfish and firewarriors (10)
Pathfinders (6)
Hammerhead
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

My tau army is a tournament oriented force, it's designed to win tournaments, it used to be painted a dark green, but that soon became boring and now all models, have been primed white, I'll post pics of finished models as I go through them, these guys are first on my list to paint.

Renegade Imperial Guardsmen
Command Squad (heavily converted)
Vetran Squad (10)
Platoon 1
Command Squad
Squad- Heavy bolter, vox
Squad- Heavy bolter, vox
Squad- Heavy bolter, vox
Squad- Plasmagun, vox
Squad- Plasmagun, vox

Platoon 2
Command Squad
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox

Platoon 3
Command Squad
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox
Squad- Meltagun, vox

Roughriders (10) (heavily converted)

Leman russ demolisher needs work on hazard strips

Leman Russ Crew model needs work

Leman Russ

Shadowsword needs work on the hazard strips

As you can see, I've got work to do.

Anyway, I'll add some pics, just to keep readers intrested (many have already probably seen these)
C&C very welcome.

This model I may enter in the young bloods contest, or that converted etheral I've been working on. Don't worry I'll clean up the mould lines.

Shadow Sword, I'm particularly proud of this model, despit the horrible hazard strips, (maybe cause I finished it in 2 days)

Cheers, Zombie man, aka Typhon

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2009, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Typhon's Project log Version 2

Whoa, man, I really like that Baneblade. I didn't even notice any problems with the hazard stripes until you pointed them out; I really like the weathered yellow color.

I'm jealous of your Forge World goodies.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Typhon's Project log Version 2

C&C welcome

Hey, look at me I finally came up with a colour scheme for my renegade militia, and my plague marines, I like both of these very much as they're fast and easy to paint. When the rest of the squad is done I'll go back over and finish the details and other things.
Just in case you missed this is the painting section, here you go.
Plague Marine

Renegade Militia (final colour scheme for army)

Tell me what you think, thanks in advance
Typhon, lord of the zombie plague

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.

Surrender - or die.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 23:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: Typhon's Project log Version 2 [UPDATE PICS 04/18/09]

The metal look a little clean for the zombie. They could use with some more details picked out like the coils on the plasma pistol.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 01:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Those looks pretty dang good, Typhon. Once you pick out the details and finish up the base, they'll be a fearful army.

My only critique is that the Renegade model's armored eye and mouth sections look a bit messy. A touch up of the silver and a small wash to give it some distinction would make it look ace.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
Those looks pretty dang good, Typhon. Once you pick out the details and finish up the base, they'll be a fearful army.

My only critique is that the Renegade model's armored eye and mouth sections look a bit messy. A touch up of the silver and a small wash to give it some distinction would make it look ace.
Thanks, yeah I just finished cleaning up the model last night, I may post some more pics today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu
The metal look a little clean for the zombie. They could use with some more details picked out like the coils on the plasma pistol.
I definantly need to go back and finish details on the plague marine, but the renegade militia model isn't a zombie it's a vetran, so I may submit and entire squad of them for the elites contest, and a different model for the young bloods. I'll take pictures of the zombies I've painted.

Thanks,
Typhon, lord of the zombie plague

Surrender - or die.
Old 03 May 2009, 09:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Looks kinda like some of john blanches models! :P