Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos [Slaanesh] Tau - Project Log
Old 31 Mar 2009, 12:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Chaos [Slaanesh] Tau - Project Log

Fluff - please read:

It's well-known that Tau use stimulants and other combat drugs to increase their stamina and prowess.

This is the story of Shas'el Sa'cea Or'es Au'shas. (apologies for using the name Or'es, I couldn't think of a better one)

Or'es was not particulary skilled and barely passed her Trial by Fire to become a Shas'ui. Having sustained injuries as a pathfinder Ui she was issued with bionics and some organic implants to provide her with the chemicals needed for continued service.

Though Or'es was physically in bad condition, she worked harder than any other fire warrior to serve, and was honoured beyond words when she was chosen as the Cadre Shas'el's crisis bodyguard.

In order to upkeep the noteable amount of physical training she did, honing her skills as a fighter in all respects, she requested Special Issue drugs to increase her adrenaline. Soon she was equipped with more chemicals than any other fire warrior in service (and named Au'shas, "bloodfire"), yet kept pushing to achieve further physical prowess, all for the sake of Honour in Service.

On a failed compaign against chaos marauders, she pushed herself over the edge, and over time her allegience became apparent with the chaos power Slaanesh. It is speculated that when the drugs could no longer satisfy her out of control cravings she turned to the followers of Slaanesh seeking further physical advancement.

During her service as a bodyguard, stimulants and other combat drugs became in frequent use as many fire warriors looked to emulate their hero. When it became apparent El'Or'es (having assumed command after the Shas'el was killed in battle) was no longer acting for her orginial motive, honour and service, the Tau attempted to bring her back to the empire to be questioned for her actions. She refused, and fled, taking a significant amount of Fire Warriors from the cadre with her.

Though El'Au'shas was killed fleeing the empire, her followers survived and now fight solely for one award - to push their bodies further than nature could ever have intended.

[hr]

I will be modelling these fallen tau, and this topic is my log.

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 12:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Chaos [Slaanesh] Tau - Project Log

I could be wrong but i believe Tau cannot be 'fallen' or 'turned' by chaos as they leave no psychic trace in the warp (which is what causes things to go renegade), therefore I can only see this as being pink/purple tau covered in spikes.

Sorry.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 13:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've had a very long topic on this before. Basically, it's plausible IN PART (i.e., they do not have communication with their power and do not have mutations, but do fall into the scheme of that power when they are tempted by that weakness).

So, they're not "evil" per se, but outside of the empire being selfish, in the full view of slaanesh. They do not register the warp but the warp registers them, encouraging them to go further to the extent of turning renegade.

They Tau will want to push themselves phyiscally, using drugs to increase performance, and want to stimulate their senses further by modifying helmets, adding extra optics etc. Being renegade they will have a variety of weapons.

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
Old 31 Mar 2009, 16:23   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Why does this sound a little wrong to me?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Okay, I'm gonna be honest.

It's a good idea, to a point. Tau warriors addicted to combat drugs, that's all good. It gets problematic when you start talking about Chaos...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm. They'll have no symbols of allegiance on them, so I guess it can be ambiguous to what point they are "dedicated".

Basically, they don't know they're chaos, but hapless pawns in the grand scheme of the ruinous power(s). That kind of thing.

So I guess they're not really "chaos tau", more of tau at the closest they get to chaos.

03/Feb/13
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Maybe not that fluffy, but onorthodox. After all, Tau are not immune to being proud. I'd really like to see those models when they're done Making something Chaos without horns, 8-stars, skulls and tentacles sounds like a big challenge!
Max Smirnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Mmm, I would have an easier time seing Tau with some Dark Eldar dealers providing them with combat drug then this.

Tau are not easily swayed to Chaos, and I doubt Slannesh would be the one able to do so Tzeentch would be more skilled for that IMO.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounderguard
Mmm, I would have an easier time seing Tau with some Dark Eldar dealers providing them with combat drug then this.
Awesome, awesome idea.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounderguard
Awesome, awesome idea.
Yeah, I knew you would love it.

Frisbee, we are not saying not to go with it, afterall it's your army and you can do whatever with it, but bear in mind what you are proposing is so highly improbably that it is virtually impossible. It will cause you trouble everywhere you go...since in every group you got the Fluff-guardian.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote