Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Rock(Dark Angels and successors)

Old 30 Aug 2007, 19:05   #11 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to InsanitysFall
Default Re: The Rock(Dark Angels and successors)

Here is just a little piece of fluff i wrote in a few minutes about the creation of the shadow lions.

It is brief and doesn't give off too much information. but i think the dialogue fits the nature of both the characters and our father chapter.

Deep within the halls of the Rock, two figures descended down a secret staircase into a large cavern.

“It has been a long, long time my friend.” Said one man to the other.

“Indeed it has, my brother. These halls will seem empty without your constant presence.” Azrael offered his companion a drink.

“I too will miss our walks my friend. However, I’m sure you have an able replacement. Our secret will stay safe until either our honour is restored or we are destroyed.” Asmodai gratefully takes the whiskey and pours it down his throat.

“Are you sure this is what you must do?” Azrael asks already knowing the answer.

“Aye. My place within the Dark Angels has drawn to an end. I feel that I can be of more use in the hunt for the fallen if I pursue a different avenue.”

“As you wish, my brother. I have received word that your chapter awaits you. You are a wise leader and a great friend. I’m sure you will do us proud. We will send word for you when we are in need of your assistance.” Azrael drowns his whiskey, walks over to Asmodai and embraces him.

“I shall look for your banner on the battlefield, my friend. May your sword always strike true and the Emperor guide your bolter.”

Asmodai bowed before Azrael for a final time and with a blinding flash of light he vanished.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 01:46   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

Nice IF! I really outa work on my own chapter's origins now that I think of it...of course my chapter is much older than yours it seems, if this piece of fluff happened recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 31 Aug 2007, 03:54   #13 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yup. It's a new relatively new chapter.

I'll write some more fluff tonight about the actual chapter.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 16:47   #14 (permalink)
Ethereal

You are splitting Asmodai off? You know he is an existing Dark Angels character, right? It seems a little odd for the senior Interrogator Chaplain to move to a different chapter.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 17:05   #15 (permalink)
Shas'La

I know it seems weird. However it just seems with the new codex he has been made redundant. I haven't even seen a mention of him in a fluff piece.

I think he is a great character and i love the model so i thought it would be a shame for him to just sit in my cupboard gathering dust.

By making him the founder of another chapter that can still heavily tie in with the dark angels just seemed to be a plausible option in keeping his character alive.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 17:24   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

I was a little surprised he didn't show up in the background. GW's line on the rules for him is that he was not enough of a deviation from a regular Interrogator-Chaplain to warrant a unique profile.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 18:02   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

I personally think it made no sense whatsoever that Asmodai didn't even get a small mention in the Interrogator-Chaplain entry.

Quote from 3rd edition:

"Asmodai is arguably the best Interrogator-Chaplain there has ever been"

And yet he doesn't even get a small mention in a text box on the side of the page? That just makes no sense to me.

Following GW's logic i don't see why Ezekial should have a unique profile
Old 07 Sep 2007, 16:13   #18 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sorry about the double post but this thread doesn't exactly get a lot of use anyway.

I've decided to drop the Asmodai idea. It basically limits me to being a new chapter. and i've decided thats not what i want.
Old 07 Sep 2007, 20:39   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

ok, so then ya best start workin on a new leader! >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."