Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sky Fall

Old 28 Jul 2007, 21:13   #1 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Sky Fall

The sky above the Cha'mont'yr city was unusually dark and cloudy as the Rogue Trader Lesleth got out of his ground car in the center of the small Tau city. Every once and a while the sound of thunder would boom out of the restless sky. Over Lesleth’s head zoomed flying Tau transports while smaller, personal craft whipped passed him. Lesleth paused in his walk toward the restaurant to look over at a large public transport that stopped nearby to pick up some Tau civilians. Lesleth smiled at some inward joke as he continued on his way to the Tau restaurant where he had scheduled this meting.

Lesleth sat down at a table next to a window that overlooked the street. Across from him sat two Tau, one was shorter than the other and had a bionic left eye, but other than that Lesleth could not tell the difference between them. ”Xenos…” Lesleth thought in a bemused and exasperated tone. The taller of the two Tau spoke first in low gothic.
“Welcome Lesleth. I hope that your accommodations have been comfortable. We are pleased to inform you that the Tau Empire has found your items of trade satisfactory. We are glad that we could come to an agreement and negotiate a successful contract. Per the agreement here is the item you requested, the documents and research material on the Pyramids of Tale'ath.”
The shorter Tau handed Lesleth a crystal data core as well as a paper file. Lesleth flipped through the file and saw diagrams and charts. A smile crossed his face and lightning cut through the sky outside. “These ignorant Xenos have no idea what they have handed me… They may think this information useless, but he knew better...”
“Well, now that I have what I want I see no reason to continue this charade.”
Lesleth said as a positively evil smile appeared on his face. The Tau looked confused for a moment before Lesleth burst into flames before their very eyes. A great ripping sound engulfed the restaurant and a huge burst of thunder and lightning erupted from the sky outside. The fire that had consumed Lesleth was no ordinary flame; it shone bright blue and began to spin. Cracks appeared in the floor and ceiling and the table before the two terrified Tau ambassadors was blown across the restaurant. The flames grew larger and larger but the air around it grew colder and colder until suddenly the flames disappeared.

Where Lesleth had been sitting there now was an enormous Daemon Prince of Chaos. Its blue armour reflected the lightning outside. The stunned Tau had no time to move before the Daemon Prince lifted its left hand and Daemonic fire leapt out. The Tau died in seconds as the fire began to consume everything in the building. The Daemon Prince burst out of the solid wall into the street.

Vehicles swerved to ovoid the massive creature, but the Daemon Prince laughed a cruel, hideous laugh as it grabbed a nearby ground car and smashed it into a nearby building. The Daemon Prince seemed to revile in the senseless destruction. The pedestrians began to scream and yell in a panic. The Daemon Prince saw a large public transport like the one before come down the street. The Daemon Prince smashed its way through the abandoned crowd of vehicles, thundering to the large, bus like vehicle. When the monster reached it, he lifted his oversized left hand and slammed it into the front of the bus. The Daemon Prince hit it with enough force to cause the other end to rise up off the ground. The Prince grabbed the now vertical bus and threw it across the street and watched it explode.

Lightning was now ripping through the sky and bolts of it hit the earth around the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch. One particular bolt struck directly into the ground feet in front of the mighty Daemon. As the dust cleared, several tall beings had appeared in the crater left by the lightning. They wore the armour of a Space Marine painted blue and gold. The Thousand Sons looked up at their master and as one bowed before him.
“What is your biding, my lord Gaigheil?”
“Burn the city. Take slaves if you can. Leave no one.”
Said the Daemon Prince and as one the squad of Thousand Sons moved of into the city to fulfill their master’s orders. More Thousand Sons appeared all around the city as lightning teleported them down. In hours there would be nothing left but burning buildings and bodies.* * * * * * * * * * * *
Old 28 Jul 2007, 22:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Sky Fall

Butbutbut... this is just your personal fluff, right? Because if it's official fluff, man, this has unfortunate implications.

As I understand it, the minerals of Tal'eth are at the poles, and the mining outposts rather limited.

And... hostilities haven't even broken out yet!

There are plenty of Tau players interested in coordinating fluff, and I'm certain the Chaos leaders are even more interested in coordinating attacks.

Sorry... don't mean to be critical, just a bit perturbed.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:24   #3 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Yes, this is just my personal fluff and is not official.

And trust me, it will be a while before the Tau realise that a small mining outpost of no real importance has been destroyed. I would say that only about 500 tau at most will be dead. And when they do come looking the campaign will have started. (and they wont know who did it. Imperials, Tyranids, Dark Eldar anyone could be responsible.)
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Fair... but the Tau fleet is anchored above Tale'ath. We're using it as a staging ground. Just a heads up.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:33   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
Fair... but the Tau fleet is anchored above Tale'ath. We're using it as a staging ground. Just a heads up.
Oops...I did not know that. I may have to change my plans somewhat.

Still, I'm not sure if they would be able to detect a few long range teleportations with the aid of Tzeentch magic, could they?
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They may be unable to detect the teleportations, but the death of 500 odd colonists would be immediately noticed. Especially if the scale of destruction as a great as stated (a small city, with buses and restaurants). And negotiations with rogue traders, especially when handing over such valuable information, would attract attention. :-\

Maybe a smaller scale attack - or maybe your daemon prince surprises an honest-to-goodness trade between a rogue trader and a Tau? Or kills a small expedition team?

Or, whatever, you could keep it.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmm...

The Official Word

Tale'ath

TS3.8
Imperial Classification: Xeno Controlled World
Tithe Grade: Adeptus Non
Aestimare: B20 –As Reclassified by Mechanicus Magos Diame
Population: Local Domesticated and Natural Wildlife, Tau Xeno population Est. 45,000,000

Human Structures:
Pre-Dark Age Pyramids?
Tau Xeno Structures: Ik’en Mining Station, Ky’ui’men Spaceport, Run’k’yon Hidden Research Facility

[hr]

The official line is that the Tau only maintain a single colony complex, so any 'erupting chaos threat' would not go unnoticed. Futhermore the committee wrote the commencing of hostiles fluff for this planet. Which do not include Chaos.

A branch of the Imperail Navy has been sent to Tale'ath and because of there presence Ik'en has been evacuated with most of the population scattered about the planet as the Tau Kor'vattra and Imperail Navy clash in the Heavens.

Having said that, this type of 'erupting chaos threat' would be excellent for Cha'mont'yr . Change a few names and reason for a rouge trader to be on the planet and you've got yourself a nice bit of fluff. You may wish to speak with the Chaos boyz as well for more detail on what chaos is up to, because its better than coming from third party.

Genmotty
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:54   #8 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Edited it to make it happen on Cha'mont'yr and slightly altered the reason to make it sound a little more plausible.
Old 02 Aug 2007, 01:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

This story definitely makes more sense when located on Mont'Cha'Yr, but be aware that we have one and a half Kavaals stationed there as well. I'm sure you could get the jump on the populace, but it won't go unnoticed. Also, the Tau on Mont'Cha'Yr have been in constant warfare, from what I've read, so a response would be very quick.

On a side note, it is a good thing one of the players at my local store plays thousand sons. Looks like one of my Shas'El's will be clashing with those forces.

Commander Scoutfox
Old 02 Aug 2007, 09:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
This story definitely makes more sense when located on Mont'Cha'Yr…
it's Cha'mont'yr. Not the other way around. :
Even the committee has had problems with getting names right sometimes.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org