Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Golgothan Narrative

Old 26 Jul 2007, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default The Golgothan Narrative

Here will lie the narrative of certain events on Golgotha. It is semi-officail as it is both my own fluff and fluff pertaining to the campaigns progress. As such sections will be written being dictated by player actions. Comment if you wish, but please keep discussion elsewhere

Thankyou,
Genmotty

[hr]

[size=16pt]
Landings[/size]

Atkins griped the edge of his seat at the Valkyie lurched through the sky. The red glow of Lancer lit up the cockpit as the rickety craft rocked and shuddered downward. Around him his command squad were just on edge. Mole as always hugging and clutching at his Meltagun as if it was his mother, the other melta-gunner Smith, the young engineer who had disassembled, cleaned, repaired and reassembled his weapon in the time it had taken the Tyrant to chew through his last squad. Those xeno taught men science well.

The craft jolted again, and he felt the pit of his stomach rise as they fell spiralling past streaks of plasma fire and whining screech as a Barracuda missed them by meters, its Ion cannon ripping apart the thick clouds.

“Hang on boys its getting rough down there!”

The pilots voice held more confidence than the worried look to his co-pilot. The Aerocraft tilted its nose down and the whine of the jets picked up as the machine creaked and strained against the Gs being pulled. “Nearly their men.”

Right. Left, back to the right. Down, up, back to the right, more tracer fire from Imperial Macro turrets. Hell, this was getting bad. A glance out the view port and the wing mans craft got caught in a puff of black flak. The red-hot slithers slicing the crew to bits.

The rain drummed against the cock pit as they broke the clouds. Below them the sprawling Hive of Gothika, its black spires spiking into the sky and Obsidian walls centuries old giving the impression of impregnability. Almost on cue another lancer lit up the sky, bathing them in a hellish red glow. Before them to the right and below the yellow grey nats of Barracudas moved in for the kill. The co-pilot screamed something and the pilot rolled and dived throwing them all against the wall.

Again the jets screamed in protest and the ground rushed up to meet them before they pulled away and skimmed over the drab grey hab-blocks twisting fliting between smoke stacks and chimneys.

“Pilot just get us on the ground!”

Almost as if it wasn’t him, his voice shrieked out and they dropped into the courtyard of some great petrol chemical plant.

Shaking with the adrenaline rush he noticed the remaining wingmen land next to them in a enormous plume of wet gravel dust. As the jet whine grew less the ramp lowered and they threw themselves out an took what cover they could between the pipes and valves while the Valkyies soared to the heavens again to bring more men to the fight.

“Enjoy that Cornel?” With eyes narrowed to slits, Atkins turned to face Goat. “You may be a Sergeant now Phil, but you can’t speak like that to your superior-”

The droning whine of a siren cut the Cornels words in his mouth. Almost immediately, the metal shuttered doors on the factory building shook and rattled. Even before they were fully open, crowds of scruffy workers, clothed in oily rags and overalls, spilled forth drowning the men in a sea of bodies. “Regroup! Regroup!” the crackle and hiss of one of the stormtroops vox equipment was just audible over the crush of bodies and the incomprehensible chatter of the workers running in fear.

With a sigh Luttin razed his pistol at the nearest worker and let a round off. The workers head exploded in a splatter of gore spraying over his comrades. As one, the crowd stopped and fell silent.

“What is the meaning of this! Get going you fools. To the shelters. To the shelters!... You!”
A little cripple of a figure pushed himself through the throng flanked by two mammoth body guards, one with a pack of electronic equipment on his back. The other clutching what looked suspiciously like an arbite power maul. Both were bare cheated slapheads and their black shorts were studded with vicious looking spikes.

“You!”
Atkins eyes flicked down to the little figure before him. “You can’t be conscripting my workers yet? The wars’ only just started. You-u’ve still got the PDF.” The mans eyes flicked to Luttin and grew wider. “My workers will work double- triple time! Please!”

The cornel opened his mouth, but Luttin was faster. “Sir I presume you believe us to be a conscription force.” His words came out flat and emotionless as always. “You are mistaken, we are here at the call of Cardinal Boras of Krigon II.” Holstering his pistol, Luttin continued. “You may consider us your liberators. If you know what is best for you I suggest you keep your workers out of our way.” As he spoke another red beam shot into the atmosphere.

The little mans eyes bulged and sparkled. “Yippie! They did get through!” The midget literally exploded in ecstasy his robed figure dancing on the spot in a most unusual way. “You have weapons, I presume?” Luttin turned to Atkins. Atkins paused. “We do what is it to you?”

The little man grinned showing his yellowing teeth before snatching a mouthpiece from his body guard. “Workeeers!” he screeched into the mouthpiece, and all around from speakers built in to the factory, his wheedling voice could be heard. “Report to registration posts for the issuing of arms. The soldiers of the…the…” He looked at Atkins in confusion. “The one thousandth, one hundred, and seventy first.” “Of the one thousandth one hundred and seventy first. Will give you weapons so that we may fight the oppressors!”

He turned, grinning with pride towards Atkins and Luttin. “You will supply us?” as the workers trudged off with a looks of misery, hope and despair across their varied faces. On cue the multiple sonic booms of the thunderhawk transporter signalled the arrival of the main platoons. “We will sir. If you would kindly inform us of what has been occurring on this world. As we ourselves have been somewhat…displaced.” Luttin finished.

Leaving Luttin to speak with the scum, Atkins inspected his regulars as they fell out from the transport. Scrabbling in his officer jacket he removed the check list he’d made earlier on the Bluewhale, it would take a long time to find out what they had lost in the descent to the surface.

[hr]
Old 27 Jul 2007, 13:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Golgothan Narrative

cool stuff gen, hope to see more
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
Old 31 Jul 2007, 12:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not more of the narrative (can't write that untill the campaign begins proper), but here are some 40k images you may like to have a look at;

Golgotha Subhives on fire (Not that good)

Golgotha PDF

Splat!

Tunnels in the Underslums

Ruins

More Ruins

Insperational Image

More underslums

More Ruins

A bit of Dulusmortis for ya

...and a Tau guy
Old 31 Jul 2007, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Are these taken off Dark Crusade and worked in photoshop. some of them i can see are. but did you make them all that way?
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
Old 01 Aug 2007, 20:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

No some are, others like the very top one I made in GTKRadiant (The Quake engin level design program). All have been Photoplused!!! (much better program IMO) I also used Terrgen for one of those. So yeah...

Personally DoW really brings 40k to life on the image work.

Genmotty
Old 06 Aug 2007, 22:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Second installment for your enjoyment...

[hr]

[size=16pt]
On the Ground[/size]

Jerett made a quick scamper across the ruins diving into a pile of collapsed masonry as Autogun shells sparked off the rockcrete behind him. Dusting the grey flour from his trench coat. “Fek those buggers! They don’t let up do they?” Above him Pinpoint leaned back into his doorway. “They sure don’t lad, at least not when I’m using you as bait.” Atkins gave a short chuckle to himself as he said that. “Thanks. You know when did you become cornel? I never knew you got promoted, back on Hydron you where only HSO material.”

The resounding boom of an aircraft overhead cut out Atkins laughter. “You all think I’m a Cornel don’t you? Ha. Never was promoted, just because I’m the officer in charge everyone assumes that. Devra never made the landings, so that makes me honouree Cornel I guess.” “I always thought it funny I never heard of my old mates promotion.” “Indeed, we got another target across the street, ready to make another run?”

The thumping of army boots and a chatter of gunfire was ceased by a single beam of laser light.

“Alright boys! Lets move up! Hawk squad, Raven Squad right! Eagle squad left! Finch squad set-up your Autocannon here and cover us!” From all the buildings on the broken street men materialised from the shadows and with close order pepper-pottered up the roadway and converged on the park gate.

Pinpoint gathered his command squad around him and followed his men. “Any word from Luttin Goat?” The man shrugged. “When does Luttin use the Vox anyhow? I’ll hail him.” Goat grabbed the receiver and gabbled away in battle code before stopping to listen, and giving his reply.

“There held up roughly four hundred meters up in some thick woodland. You didn’t give out any chainswords to the conscripts Boss.” “Damn like I’m giving good equipment out to that rabble-” Atkins turned to face a newcomer squad jogging up behind them. He raised an eyebrow at the laden forms of the stormtroops. “Better late than never eh?” “Tsst. The dropships are experiencing heavy Tau AA fire sir. Tsst.” “Nevermind, take point and move into the parkland while we support you, we’re moving to join up with Luttins conscripts ahead of us in the woodland.” “Tsst. Right sir. Tsst.”

With a flurry of hand gestures the stormtroops flipped into the parkland and disappeared into the bush. “Right men, forward.” Atkins rubbed his throat, already he was tired of barking orders. He hefted his long-laz and jogged into the woodland himself. Strange that the Golgothan Hive was full of these pockets of foliage, he imagined it might have something to do with the Tau take over of the planet and their willingness to allow Kroot xeno to make a home on human worlds. Pah!

He pushed aside a knaled branch and crouched down beside a medic. “Why we stopped?” He hushed. Don’t know, the stormtroops told us to get down and they moved forward. Pinpoint sighed, these men put too much faith in the stormtroops. He stood up and bounded forward into the next thicket and almost stumbled over a sergeant leader prone on the floor. “Tsst. Get down sir! Tsst.” The power of his voice could be heard through the vox equipment. He did as he was bid and looked out at what they were looking at.

Before them was a pockmarked field of craters stretching from a collection of buildings of to he left to the far edge of the park. However more importantly the lone figure surrounded by gaunt bare-chested slaves was much more disturbing. Till now cultists and angry industrial workers hed kept them occupied, but this silver and gold armoured figure, covered from the waist down in rust red was a different matter.

“Why are you just watching?” Atkins asked as he levelled his long-laz and adjusted the stock. “Tsst. I think there will be more sir. Tsst.” Right on cue a wispy slick of black and purple appeared in the air and a flash of blue lighting lit up the arranged slaves charring their bodies into carbon blackness before disintegrating in the unnatural winds of chaos.

Bursting forth into reality the hulking forms of obliterators fell out of the air followed by numerous fallen marines, manic laughter filled the air and the chatter of bolter fire betrayed their eagerness for battle. Atkins smiled. All the more targets.

The chaos champion laughed. The gods did favour him, to bad he would need more sacrifices. He bent down to rub one of their burnt ashes through his fingers and was surprised to find one of his ‘new recruits’ fall to the floor beside him. “Wha da matsda fool?” The snarl left his mouth as he realised this marine bore no head. Jumping to his feet he watched as a shower of laser fire erupeted from the surrounding bushes. Smashing against there armour to little effect. No order did he need to give.

The marines’ head exploded nicely. Not the target he had been after, but it was still a good shot. Around him his men followed suit in a blaze of light. More than that, the click, thud and whistle of autocannon shells flying overhead told him that his squad leaders had not been idle. Before him the Chaos space marines charged forward or ducked into cover without much coordination. Scrambling through the folige with bolter shells whipping through the leaves he rejoined the command squad and smiled as a sentinel strode through the trees. Luttin was here at last.

“On me, to the buildings! Keep together and watch it.” He enjoyed fighting beside these men. Goat, Mole, Smith and Buckroy. They made a team, two meltagunners a medic and this new standard bearer Buckroy who could hold the flag tall and snap off crack shots one handed, like he was doing now. Something told him that this old man would have gone far if the xeno propaganda had got to him. Glancing at Mole jabbering away on the vox to see if anything was available reminded him of Hydron when he’d done exactly the same thing, almost oblivious to the battle around him as tracer fire tagged at his clothing. The lucky Fek.

Something flickered through the ruins of the buildings they were moving on. Just enough warning to get down as bolter shells chattered over their heads “We-we’re pinning down, F3 Squad Coverfire?” Almost comically smith pulled a frag from his belt and lobbed it backwards towards the enemy as he spoke into the mouthpiece.

Thought the explosion of dirt the squad hit the first building. An ‘L’shaped theatre of some kind, although the bombing had taken its toll with rents in the walls and piles of masonry where the ground floor once was. Mole clapped Goat on the shoulder and gave him a wink as the vox caster adjusted his glasses.

It wasn’t over, spouting from the near wall of the building an armoured figure broke forth in a cloud of dust. The champion raised his demonically carved gun at the nearest guardsman and put a melta beam right through Smiths arm, his ragged scream so high pitched, faded into a gurgle and sobs as his body collapsed where he stood.

With vengeance they closed. With inhuman speed the champion flicked first to Mole then Goat smashing into then sending them through the air into crumpled heaps on the concrete floor. Within a second the beast was before him. Atkins drew his powersword and thumbed it to life just in time to block the first blow. Pushed on to his back, the champions crazed eyes looked into his. There was death and rage in those eyes, more so than any human could muster. Even one who followed the teaching of chaos.

Pinpoint felt himself getting pushed closer to the ground and his strength wavered. Then from the corner of his eye- “Tsst. Die foul scum! Tsst.” The sergeants sword bit deep into the champions shoulder the bright energies clashing with the darker ones from the warp.

The beast fell back and with renewed vigor Pinpointed pressed their momentary advantage swinging at the beasts legs and being rewarded with the bite of flesh-armour. Roaring, the champion collapsed to one side and the Sergeant moved to finish him off. Too late he saw the combi-bolter being razed, and despite the carapace, his side exploded in a red mist and his broken body fell with a wet splat of so much dead meat.

Stupefied. Atkins watched this; silently the rest of the sergeant’s men ran past. Their bayonets finishing off the foul creature from the warp.

Looking around him more men followed. Pushing the advantage as the hulks of obliterators fell. Multiple autocannon shells causing them to stumble, and the quantity of laz fire took the rest of the ruinous marines by surprise as guardsmen broke forth from the trees in a death or glory charge.

The day was won, for now…

The shouts and cheers of his men did little to cheer Atkins as he picked up and dusted off his long-laz. He felt a heavy hand on his shoulder and turned to see the solemn wrinkled face of Luttin. “That was foolhardy.” Luttin continued after a brief pause. “See to it that your more organised in future, just because the General likes you doesn’t mean I have to.” Luttin wiped his powersword clean of what looked to be purple blood, before sheathing it. “Having said that, you were most effective.” A smile started to shine across Luttin’s face before he controlled himself. “I think we might as well call you cornel.” Atkins gave a sly glance back into his eyes. “So be it. I-” “However!” Luttin wasn’t finished. I suggest we keep with the men, oh and you might want to tend to your comrades…”Nodding in the direction of the destroyed theatre.

Turning, to Atkins surprise Buckroy stood over Smith following his instructions as he bandaged the medics burnt arm, however by the look of it, charred withered stump would have been more appropriate. Smith winced as Buckroy crumbled more of his arm to dust. No only that Goat had propped Mole up and was giving him something from a hip flask. Suspiciously like contraband alcohol. Grinning Atkins slung his long-laz over is shoulder and rejoined his team.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...07/igedit7.jpg
Hey I can illustrate this fluff as well!!!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:09   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Oh my Gods - quality and quantity. Great stuff.
Thanks for the effort Genmotty.

Come get some pirate lovin >> http://s2.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=54637
Old 29 Aug 2007, 22:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocitas
Oh my Gods - quality and quantity. Great stuff.
Thanks for the effort Genmotty.
Why thankyou . It nice to see my work is appricated.

[hr]
The third installment...
[hr]

Days In

To his surprise the last weeks of the campaign had gone smoothly. With a steady stream of new recruits liberated from the slum industrial districts and support from a number of mafya gangs. The Reglanders had pushed their way block by block, and street by street to the holy grounds of St. Anastasia.

With much trepidation Atkins stood before its vast altar in the central concourse. Its golden days left in history. The dusty tattered hangings and pealing leaf showed how the establishment had faired under Tau rules. Hymn books crumpled into dust as Atkins knelt to seek guidance.

With continued support from the Astartes, his force only a few thousand strong controlled an area of about 7 square kilometres anchored in the south by the initial landing zones and to the east with this new prise.

But here all was quite, all was carm. The sounds of the battle rumbling outside muffled by the centuries old block work. He sighed as his mediation was broken by a squad intent of the movement of equipment.

The Cathedral made an excellent defence site. Surrounded on all sides by a strip of parkland and possessing thick walls and a multitude of cloisters and chapels the entire complex was almost fortress like. He had ordered trenches, sandbags and emplacements and they had been dug and erected. Nothing got into the complex without passing the eyes of his guardsmen.

“Is the Senior Officer rested?” The deep gruff voice of Chaplain Edose growled from his ancient lips. “He has. I trust that your Wolf Brothers have done so too. We may need them in this quest. I know you number twelve and yourself, but your skills in battle are a hundred times better than ours.” The Chaplain studded the alter for a second before replying. “My faith falters. It is long since I have had time to stand in hallowed grounds and now that I do I wonder what to ask of him.” “Ask for the day Lord, there is little need of much else. Your dedication outstrips that of me and my men.” “You will make a fine militant yet young Atkins.” The Chaplain placed a heavy gauntlet on his shoulder and with his other gave a blessing.

Envigored Atkins left the Chaplian to himself and strode out into the frantic bustle that he had turned the grounds into. “Right Cornel?”, “Gday Cornel.”, “Sir!”. Good men tapped their helmets and stode to attention as he passed. A sly grin snuck over his face. Lutin had sent a message ahead to the General, but if the title would stay with him? That was a question he could not answer.

“So…Cornel.” Luttin let a ghost of a smile slide across his face as if he shared the joke. “Are you ready to begin the search? Already I have requisitioned more equipment from the Cardinal. He is surprised we have made such gains in such short a time. I hear from his aids that the Imperial fleet has taken a heavy battering from traitors and xeno sympathisers alike. I guess that means our forces are being crippled elsewhere…” He left the statement hanging in the air as Atkins checked the scope on his long-laz.

“If the Cardinals Crusade is failing it won’t be the first or the last. If we are succeeding where others are not I guess it shows that these men fight well.”
“They do indeed. However I don’t trust those mafya. We have seen scant little of the tau xeno I fear that sooner or later our efforts will be sold to them for a profit.” “No doubt. At least we have prepared!” Atkins spread his arms wide gesturing at the earthworks.

“Hah! They are nothing to these xeno. As you know-” “But it gives the men faith commissar! That is worth more than the fear of your Lazpistol.” Luttin chuckled. “True true, but without me who are they to hate?”

“Hate to break up the discussion sirs.” Smith jabbered. “But you did say once the men were ready and in formation…” “Right on. Luttin care to join us on this sortie?” “I think I’ll pass on that offer Cornel. These boys need whipping into shape.” With that the old dog slammed a new clip into his pistol and marched over to the nearest group of conscripts.

“So we’ve got Marauder support clearing our the blocks between here and the Underslums at 1700 hour followed by a prolonged barrage from our Heavy mortar batteries. I’ve requested a creep firing pattern to give us as much cover to hostile cultist activity. The slugs won’t dare run to their certain death-” “Never say never, by the way Smith do we have word from the Attilain 1st?” “No sir, we expect we cannot contact them from the surface as they are already deep within the underslums and you heard what some of the civvies told us about that place.” “That’s why we’re going there.” “You can’t be serious! You heard what they said of the mutilations. Even the Tau are evacuating.” “Why should they stay? Half the population of this planet has gone to pot and they have hardly enough forces to contain the rioting.” “Dunno sir, but this still sounds like folly.” “Well I march to my death then.”
They had reached one of the chapels and Atkins held the door open for Smith as the words left his mouth.

He looked over the platoons stood to attention; a good hundred score. “You ready men!” The cheers were enough to reassure him. A glance at his command squad and the order was given to fall out.

+ + +

The display of ordinance was quite a show. The prolonged thunder shook the ground and levelled new roads as the aeronautica passed overhead. Their drone barely audible over the racket they were creating below. Concussive shockwave shattered glass and crumbled masonry. The men were in awe.

As the last bomber disappeared in the black smoke rising from the city a new thunder began. The dull thump and whiz of mortar shells as they landed amongst the ruins. Platoon by platoon they advanced. Walking. The devastation was complete, not a building left intact. Even the roadways filled with craters big enough to hide a great Russ. Within no time the detachment had reached the outer underslums.

For Atkins, the scale surprised him. The ragged gash filled with rusted steel supports gantries and mesh flooring looked like an architects nightmare. No order and left to the elements the whole edifice was just a whole new level. Above the gash stood the jet-black walls of High Gothika making the slit look even narrower and dingy. But this was their goal…

[hr]
And some pics...

Genmotty