Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Paint Scheme
Closed Thread
Old 28 Feb 2005, 17:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via MSN to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via Yahoo to WarmasterDevilfish
Default My Paint Scheme

I've been promising this for a while, so i finally got myself into gear and got my first tau model complete. I decided to keep my colour scheme pretty simple and go with shadow grey undercoat, using space wolves grey to pick out the highlights.

I know my painting isn't the best around, heck its probably one of the worst, but it does for what i want. (Personally i prefer conversion, hence the little guy standing with him, but thats another story)

Heres the link to the page (Sorry it's seperate, but its easier than uploading all the images. Also there is about 650kb's worth on there, so it may take a while to load - i'm trigger happy with a camera, sue me )

http://www.theutherfish.com/pager/taucon.htm

Anyway let me know your comments...

WD

(P.S. If you are looking for more info on the little weapon platform, click here for the existing thread in the conversion area )

I feel obliged to say this, my name has nothing, i repeat NOTHING to do with the Tau APC, i chose this name long before I even knew about 40k, based upon a Chinese old wives tale about a fish which can kill you when eaten, it either poisons you if you cook it for too long, or if you don't cook it enough. I feel that should answer your question as to why i am the "Devilfish" - Not reccomended for consumption

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts
Space Marines - Crimson Skulls (My own chapter) - 1000pts

Battelfleet Gothic Fleets:
Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Warhammer - High Elves - 2642pts - Now in many bits on my desk... only 100 models to glue and paint :'(
Warhammer 40k - Tau - unknown at present, still working a list
Old 28 Feb 2005, 18:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Shaso Shiur
Default Re: My Paint Scheme

They look pretty good. Just wish that the pics weren't so dark. If you tried a more neutral back drop, they might not come out so dark, as white tends to wash out the subject. ( it reflects all of the light back at the camera. hence the dark images. )

Your colour scheme is simple yet effective. Have you tried painting the missiles in the white, with just a small dot on the tip? The red seems to be a bit overpowering by itself, plus it would be nice to have the white on more than just the head.

All in all, it looks good. Can't wait to see more.

Converting isn't a skill, it's a way of life.

[URL=http://centretownwc.proboards22.com/index.cgi]
Old 01 Mar 2005, 04:44   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to pAnDa. Send a message via MSN to pAnDa.

ahh yes... the broadsides best friend(Kinda like mans best friend, except its a broadside...) ahh nm. Cool scheme.. its simple but definitly gets the clean look that the Tau are known for. Once again like the guy posted earlier, a bit dark( dont feel bad I don't even know what a camera is ???) May I ask, what is all that flock/sand there for? is that for the pics? or is this during a battle?
Old 01 Mar 2005, 14:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via MSN to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via Yahoo to WarmasterDevilfish

just for the pics... i always like to put some down just to add some contrast to the images.. I do have some scenery, but its primarily necron (its just thin card - not servicable in game, but i use it for photos), so i figured i'd just use that as a quick base until i get something more tau looking made

thanks for the comments...

WD

I feel obliged to say this, my name has nothing, i repeat NOTHING to do with the Tau APC, i chose this name long before I even knew about 40k, based upon a Chinese old wives tale about a fish which can kill you when eaten, it either poisons you if you cook it for too long, or if you don't cook it enough. I feel that should answer your question as to why i am the "Devilfish" - Not reccomended for consumption

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts
Space Marines - Crimson Skulls (My own chapter) - 1000pts

Battelfleet Gothic Fleets:
Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Warhammer - High Elves - 2642pts - Now in many bits on my desk... only 100 models to glue and paint :'(
Warhammer 40k - Tau - unknown at present, still working a list
Old 02 Mar 2005, 17:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the paint scheme - I bet it would work great for stealth teams. The only thing I think you need is some sort of brighter contrast (e.g., unit markings) to break up the darkness of the model. Otherwise I think it looks pretty cool.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Closed Thread