Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HUGE Tau WIP [UPDATED] CLICK ON ME! heh
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default HUGE Tau WIP [UPDATED] CLICK ON ME! heh

These tau are 1500 points without the kroot.
PacoQuerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: HUGE Tau WIP

most of the rest
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

and my shaso
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looks cool I like the musty look of them all, very different from most tau I see.
A group shot would be great.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 00:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

These took little time to do, i could make this many more by next weekend easy, probobly have time to do other useless things as well. I have two questions. Would anyone pay me like 100 bucks to paint an army? and what the hell else should i do to make them better besides decales? Should i varnish them? I think with their low tone colours and such they would look good varnished. I need to varnish them if use decales anyways right?

P.S. This army has been busting space marines. I played against dark angels the week before, suffered heavy losses but completly irradicated their army. Today i played Ultramarines and suffered the loss of 3 firewarriors from the result of a devilfish crashing and destroying, a stealth squad member from a leap to a terrain peice w(oh yah it was cities of death uh... the one where you plant flags) when i was trying to get a last minnute objective, and a crisis to a BOOBY TRAP and one other unit that i must dedicate another sentance too. Ok you know my skyray allways does this, it takes tons and tons of hits and then it goes PHUMP and my hammerhead kills his shit. This is because i painted the skyray RED! however this game it did not go down, for a very long time until. Instead it took 5 hits from lascannons, got stunned and shaken, then the hammerhead killed everything, then i ate his troops in shooting and took no caualities from return fire, except in the case of the one devilfish and the indirect killing of firewarriors. All my other casualties were cause by thigns having to do with cities of death. Difficult terrain, booby traps, oh yes and the thing to top it off was that the sky ray was killed by a demolition on the building it was sitting on. Basicaly, i just kept him in his deployment zone and did not get shot at by many things, because i was just protecting a line of terrain going through the left, right and close table quarters. Smashing!
Old 25 Feb 2007, 06:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

OOOkay... First off, great looking army. Secondly, if you varnish them, use a matte varnish so they don't shine. If you want decals, put them on first and varnish later. That way they stay on.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2007, 21:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Does matt varnish effect the way the paint apears? i think i would like them to be half way shiny. is there semi-gloss varnish? what is so bad about glossy varnish?
Old 25 Feb 2007, 22:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Glossy Varnish makes them look terrible in direct sunlight. Don't know about GW having a semigloss
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 21:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

looks cool. seem drybrushed(the highlights) but i must admit that it added a cool effect!
Old 26 Feb 2007, 23:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoQuerak
Does matt varnish effect the way the paint apears? i think i would like them to be half way shiny. is there semi-gloss varnish? what is so bad about glossy varnish?
Every time I use a matte sealer just because the oils in your hands will break down the paint over time of playing. However, most sealers WILL make them look a little...ah, how to put it...duller. I know that's the point of a matte sealer but it's something you have to see firsthand, it's not exactly what you'd imagine. However, you can be certain your minis' paint job will last a long, long time of gaming this way, too. Your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote