Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New army, new paint scheme
Old 16 Feb 2007, 20:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New army, new paint scheme

Hi guys, i'm starting my second space marine army, (Blood ravens) and i was looking for a quick and easy way to paint my figures and i came up with this;
Spray coat black, dry brush with red gore, highlight with mix of red gore and blood red and then pick out the detail. I know the mini isn't finished but what do you think? Can you see an army of these guys running around causing havoc?

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 20:30   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Cheeko89
Default Re: New army, new paint scheme

Very nice!! The skull and wings in the middle look very nice! Now can you tell me how you paint and add the armys and bolter?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 20:34   #3 (permalink)
General Stupidity

You know, this should have really been posted in the Painting board? You'll get some better help and replies there.

Back on topic: I think your Blood Raven is great the way he is, although the darker red could have done with a few more coats (did you drybrush the dark red on?)
Old 16 Feb 2007, 20:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
You know, this should have really been posted in the Painting board? You'll get some better help and replies there.

Back on topic: I think your Blood Raven is great the way he is, although the darker red could have done with a few more coats (did you drybrush the dark red on?)
Yeah just dry brushed the dark red straight onto the black to give it a good coating, i didn't wanna go too over the top with it, i like them looking dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy
Very nice!! The skull and wings in the middle look very nice! Now can you tell me how you paint and add the armys and bolter?
Same as the body really, i'll just dry brush the arms then stick them on. then highlight them the same as the body. then i'll glue the bolter on and paint that. The only reason i left the arms off for this model was so's that i could get all of the chest eagle painted pretty well.

(Please do not double post, there is a modify button that you should use. Also this is posted in the wrong board, I moved it accordingly. Thanks - Stam)

Old 16 Feb 2007, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy
Same as the body really, i'll just dry brush the arms then stick them on. then highlight them the same as the body. then i'll glue the bolter on and paint that. The only reason i left the arms off for this model was so's that i could get all of the chest eagle painted pretty well.
but how do you stick on the arms with out messing up the paint?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 21:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Just use a little bit, the glue i've got at the minute doesn't mark. I've used some in the past that leaves white stains (i assume that's what u mean) but this doesn't.

Old 16 Feb 2007, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Poly cement works fine on painted models too; it'll melt its way through it in no time and shoulder pads cover a multitude of sins, so no need to worry about overdoing it.

I love the basecoat, bud...it's so dirty and weathered. I bet they'll look great from a distance. I had no idea you were such a good painter; the details, especially the lenses, are superb! ^-^
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 10:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Poly cement works fine on painted models too; it'll melt its way through it in no time and shoulder pads cover a multitude of sins, so no need to worry about overdoing it.

I love the basecoat, bud...it's so dirty and weathered. I bet they'll look great from a distance. I had no idea you were such a good painter; the details, especially the lenses, are superb! ^-^
Thanks Tom! You're obviously not so bad yourself looking at your tourney seals. (Love the vindicator by the way!) I think it must be poly cement that i have at the moment, it's cool! Easy to use and thick like a gel so it's easy to apply without spilling.

Old 17 Feb 2007, 14:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nice job! I'm a pretty big fan of drybrushing my self, but I don't think I could something that good yet. Make sure to post more pics when you have a squad of them done.
ChiliFriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 16:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliFriez
Nice job! I'm a pretty big fan of drybrushing my self, but I don't think I could something that good yet. Make sure to post more pics when you have a squad of them done.
Will do! Bit busy with work and such at the moment but i'm hoping to have a squad done by the end of the month