Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Washing Metals
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jan 2007, 23:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Washing Metals

I understand the concept of puttign brown ink to gold to give it a little more depth, but what would I do for silver?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 08 Jan 2007, 00:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8
Default Re: Washing Metals

For rusty silver a wash of brown and orange. But for gleaming silver.......maybe black? Silver is really hard to work with if you're trying to make it clean, its just soo damn shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 08 Jan 2007, 01:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I was actually trying to get some other colors into my scheme and silvert worked well to contrast wirth the gold that is already there, so I just washed it with watered down black ink to get rid of that pesky shine and voila, a perfect, obedient silver... thanks for the reply though...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 09 Jan 2007, 02:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, for my IW army i use a combo of Brown ink, Black ink, and Chestnut ink, it just depends on what model I am painting.

For a rusty look, Chestnut ink, its a reddish color, looks cool.

For a weatherd look, Brown ink of course.

and to make it less shiny, more dark, Black ink is great.

althought alot of times, it is a combo of them, like brown/chestnut ink, or black/chestnut ink and by combo I dont mean mixing the inks, more like the order in which I apply them over the the metal.

and for silver, the best thing to do is drybrush boltgun metal, then apply inks, drybrush boltgun metal again, then highlight with silver (mithril sivler)

well, good luck
Closed Thread