Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Spray ?
Closed Thread
Old 09 Dec 2006, 13:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Spray ?

Can anyone link me to the GWUK DA Green spray can ?
I've done a couple of searches, and it appears to have dissappeared >_>
Old 10 Dec 2006, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nathan
Default Re: Spray ?

Green, Red, and boltgun were some spray colors they release during christmas time last year. I don't know if they're doing it again but they definately don't stock them year round.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 14:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Green, Red, and boltgun were some spray colors they release during christmas time last year. I don't know if they're doing it again but they definately don't stock them year round.
I know they used to do them, but I'm going back about 5 years >_>
Old 10 Dec 2006, 19:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmm...
I don't use the GW sprays, I find them too expensive and similiar to almost any other spray paint. I go to my local hobby store, where they have sprays in all colors and shades. Try checking out your local hobby store!
If you're set on getting the specific Games-Workshop Dark Angels Green spray paint, at my local GW they have some sprays there (I've never looked closely, but they have a few colors) but I bet you've already checked there
I'm doing a search on the online store at uk.games-workshop.com but the system seems to be down or something because I keep getting errors saying my action was not processed or something. I'll try again later.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 20:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Hmm...
I don't use the GW sprays, I find them too expensive and similiar to almost any other spray paint. I go to my local hobby store, where they have sprays in all colors and shades. Try checking out your local hobby store!
If you're set on getting the specific Games-Workshop Dark Angels Green spray paint, at my local GW they have some sprays there (I've never looked closely, but they have a few colors) but I bet you've already checked there
I'm doing a search on the online store at uk.games-workshop.com but the system seems to be down or something because I keep getting errors saying my action was not processed or something. I'll try again later.
I haven't stepped into a GW in months - I hate my local with a passion (the service is horrendous <_&lt, and the only other I can really go to is in Loughborough, at my grandparents, about an hours drive away.
I may be forced to go down though, as I can't buy online (debit card/paypal not accepted >_&gt
I'm going to stock up on brushes, sprays, paints etc, then when the DA stuff comes out go back to my original love of Dark Angels with a 135 splash :P
Old 11 Dec 2006, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmm...

Here's an idea - call your local GW and see if they have it. If they don't know, you can always go over and check (if it is local at least)
As for the one an hour away - your last resort. Call them if all else fails, and go over there if they have it. If not... I think you should just go to a normal hobby/workshop store (any store that would have paints) and get a dark green spray paint.

Also, I only use spray paints for an undercoat (black or white for me) I think that applying the armor by brush with DA green would make it look better (unless you go over all the creases in black, which is very tedios and it might even save time to just paint it on)
If you are using green as an undercoat, I wouldn't recommend either. Black or white work best (but I've heard gray is alright as well)
Old 11 Dec 2006, 15:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I actually came to a similar conclusion last night - in the past a mate of mine used to undercoat black, spray green and then pick out details, and they used to turn out quite good, but I suppose this way is both more effective and neater.
Looks like my pennies are going on more brushes then :P
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Glad to have helped (or, at least I think I did...)
Old 11 Dec 2006, 22:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Glad to have helped (or, at least I think I did...)
Enough
Closed Thread