|27 Jul 2009, 23:37||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Looking to start BFG need help choosing Faction
So heres what I know: I take spaceships the size of cities and shoot at other space ships and have a blast doing so.
Not much Eh?
Anyway.... I was thinking of making a fleet to go with one of my 40k armies then i did some research and decided that that would be nice but there are other cooler fleets. So i have a couple basic questions:
1) Which of these Fleets should i choose?
-Space Marines (I have a 40k army of them)
-Adeptis Mechanicus (look awesome)
-Tau Empire (have a small force of them for 40k)
2) What will I need to get started?
3) If a Tau Empire fleet, should I go forgeworld or standard
4) How much money am i looking to spend to get a minimum size fleet puttering about the abyss?
4.5)What size is a minimum fleet?
5) Is there anybody who goes to the GW in Montreal who would like to get there space arses kicked?
Thanks in advance
|28 Jul 2009, 03:39||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Looking to start BFG need help choosing Faction
1) Do some research and see which style fits you best. Or base it on fluff or how the models look. This is a great thread on strenght and weakness:
Space Marines - a specialised fleet. In normal naval engagements they are considered 'weak'. They excel at boarding and hit and run attacks.
Adeptus Mechanicus - I call them 'mtv pimped by Imperial Navy ships'. Elite fleet, high costs but some neat special rules. Harder to play then regular Imperial Navy.
Tau - Depends: SG (standard) : gets better above ~1200pts. FW : is better below ~1200pts. Both fleets rely heavy on ordnance.
2) You can download all official files at the Games Workshop homepage. The current faq can be found at www.portmaw.com. At Forgeworld you can download the rules for their Tau fleet.
3) The FW models are much much much much much cheaper. Ruleswise you can still use the FW models to represent the SG fleet.
4) With 100-150 euro's you should be able to get a good fleet.
4.5) You can start playing from 500pts and upwards (some scenarios even less), personally I like to play between 1000-1500/1750 pts.
5) Not me....
Light at the Horizon
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wishing to start a new army, hoping for some help choosing||ScreamerKiller||General 40K||13||14 Feb 2009 08:51|