Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Questions about Gorkamorka
Old 13 Jan 2009, 03:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Questions about Gorkamorka

Just a few questions I have as of right now, I'm sure I'll be asking more in the future.

When you buy a new weapon for one of your boyz does it replace the old weapon or do you get to sell the old one. For example, a boy using a bow gets a shoota, can I get my teef back for the bow before I buy him the shoota?

Also, when assembling your mob it says you need enough trucks to transport your boyz, does this mean so long as you can physically place your boyz on your truck you're good and if you can't you need another truck?

Can Tracks transport boys or are they just gun platforms?

Does it matter how big I make my trucks/tracks?

Can a spanner also be a driver or gunner?

Can a Nob be a driver or a gunner?

I know a boy can carry as many hand to hand weapons that he wants, so does that mean he can carry two sigle handed weapons, a gun and a two handed hand to hand weapon?

For the mutants; can you have both a Glaive and a Falchion on a single model? They don't have any basic cc weapons to give them the extra attacks in combat, if you were to give them both of these weapons do the get the bedifits of both plus the extra attack for two hand weapons? If you gave a model two of the same weapon would the model only benefit from it once or twice?

Thats all my questions for now, I hope theres someone out there in TO land that can answer these ones.

Old 13 Jan 2009, 09:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Questions about Gorkamorka

Welcome to Da' Skid mate! I'll see if I can help you plan your first venture out of Mektown.

Quote:
When you buy a new weapon for one of your boyz does it replace the old weapon or do you get to sell the old one. For example, a boy using a bow gets a shoota, can I get my teef back for the bow before I buy him the shoota?
If the Boy can still carry his old weapon, he does so. If not, it gets thrown into the Pile O' Gunz back at your Fort - you should note down that you have this weapon going spare, in case someone wants / needs it in the future.

Quote:
Also, when assembling your mob it says you need enough trucks to transport your boyz, does this mean so long as you can physically place your boyz on your truck you're good and if you can't you need another truck?
Correct! Isn't it fun being an Ork?

Quote:
Can Tracks transport boys or are they just gun platforms?
They carry one Driver, and one Gunner. That's it.

Quote:
Does it matter how big I make my trucks/tracks?
Err... good question. The original GorkaMorka models had smaller bases to help them all fit into the Trukks and so on, so if you're using current 40K stuff you'll have bigger, bulkier Ork models on much bigger, bulkier bases! As such, you can be forgiven for bulking up a bit.

I'd say you should be sensible and try not to go much bigger than 'official' models, but what kind of Mekboy would I be if I said that? Go nuts!

Quote:
Can a spanner also be a driver or gunner?
Can a Nob be a driver or a gunner?
Anyone can drive, anyone can gun.

Quote:
I know a boy can carry as many hand to hand weapons that he wants, so does that mean he can carry two sigle handed weapons, a gun and a two handed hand to hand weapon?
I'm going to go with yes... on the proviso that he can only use as many weapons at a time as he could hold in his hands - two one-handed weapons, or a single two-handed weapon. He can switch freely between them during battle.

Oh, and you have to find some interesting way of attaching all this stuff to the model. Good luck.

Quote:
For the mutants; can you have both a Glaive and a Falchion on a single model? They don't have any basic cc weapons to give them the extra attacks in combat, if you were to give them both of these weapons do the get the bedifits of both plus the extra attack for two hand weapons? If you gave a model two of the same weapon would the model only benefit from it once or twice?
'Fraid I can't help here; I don't know much about Mutties, or anything from DiggaNob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2009, 01:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks for all the help! It answered most of my questions. After I actually play a round I'm sure I'll have more.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I've played Muties, and you can't mix weapon special abilities. Plus I think all their CCWs are two-handed.

As regards the size of trukks... there is no limit. In Da Uvver Book there's a photo of Adrian Wood's trukk "Da Bus" and it's HUGE.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2009, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

The only cc weapon on the mutie hand to hand weapon that says two hands is the Demilune. The other two say nothing as in the other lists that would mean single handed.