Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Planetside, Round 3
Old 08 Feb 2009, 21:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Planetside, Round 3

I played PS when it first came out for about 2 years, then dropped it for a while. Picked it back up a lear or so later, played for around 6 months before dropping it again. Since I quit WAR I had an aching for pvp so I just recently picked it up again. Even though the game is so old now, I still have a blast playing it.

It's such a releif to be able to play an MMO without having to worry about grinding for levels or quests or npc's. Just pick up a gun and go shoot other people. No need for worrying about how to build a character or anything.

Most importantly it has no swords and magic, which I am completely sick of in MMO's now.

If you're looking for some no-nonsense killing against with no npc's to get in the way, check PS out.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 22:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer
Default Re: Planetside, Round 3

I too played Planetside back in the day, long before they came out with the Titan-esque walkers and alien underground.

I was part of the Wildcards Outfit on Johari or Jakari or whatever server it was.

We specialized in dropping gens, and I think it our Outfit was highly influential in founding that tactic. I, and three or four others, would fly our Galaxies over an enemy base, drop our three or four squads on the roof, we'd drop the generator, and siege the control room.

We became pretty infamous early on for our 'controversial' tactics. Not everyone was happy about us dropping the generators first and foremost, since then it required an Engineer to repair them after we hacked the base, so we probably made just as many enemies out of our allies as our foes.

How is it these days? My little brother still plays, but after our Outfit was disbanded (Our CO, JayC, left the game and the 2IC was completely inept) I never really played much again.

Have they consolidated all the servers into one enormous one yet? Back when I played, I think there were 5 or more...

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I found it interesting when it came out, but I never picked it up. I saw a copy in the local EBgames the other day for 5 bucks so I might pick it up, just a question how much is the monthly pay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Now there are two servers, one NA and one EU. I started on the NA one, and there are still a decent number of players running around.

Now they have small stealth transports so you can drop a 5 people per craft into a base without even being seen as it can cloak. So many new weapons now, including flamethrowers.

I think it's 12 or 13 USD/mo. Tbh I don't pay attention they cost, I find it's easier when I don't think about it lol.

Old 08 Feb 2009, 23:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah, but im plotting my gaming money wisely this year with soo many great releases early in the year(killzone2,DoW2,Damnation).so anyways I might pick it up sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2009, 02:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Never really was part of a unit per se when i played. However I would be a transporter and in the early days of the game Someone who stuck to the Galaxy at all times was a tough thing to find. My biggest problem was once we hit the drop zone,. the gunners bailed as well and I have to hot foot it out and go to ground somewhere.

Part of the reason i admit for staying off the front line was being rushed by "Barneys" with "lashers". They'd cause my system at the time to choke so badly I'd be dead in an instant as would most of any team I joined.

It also came out alot longer than two years ago. I was still in my old place at the time and that was a good 5 years ago.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2009, 03:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't say it came out two years ago, I said I played it when it came out for 2 years. It came out back in 03