Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pokemon question...
Old 06 Feb 2009, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Pokemon question...

Alright well, all my friends made me play Pearl. It was awhile since I played a Pokemon game (wow the memories).

Does anyone know anything about the thing at Toys-R-Us? :/ I heard they were giving out a free rare pokemon thing... But I was wondering if I have to beat the game in order to get that...
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 02:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Pokemon question...

I wouldnt worry, you could trade whatever pokemon you wanted back in the days of red, blue, yellow, gold, silver of course if they had the data to transfer. (ie. no silver going to red because there was no data of new pokemon)

it seems they are offering these rare pokemon in a fashion of "mystery gifts".

They are going to transfer data to your pokemon game, bring your DS! youll standby with yours and wait for them to send it through your DS. Apparently one of these pokemon also unlocks a part in pokemon Platinum!

Park yourself in a pokemon center (if I recall correctly a place where you can open your mystery gift.) if it changed in Diamond <shrugs>

lol.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...Regigigas.html

Stopped at pokemon gold and silver.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 23:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

As for the second part, I'd say probably no. Originally, when you got the Shaymin download thing, it gave you a ticket to a fenced off area, and to get to that area (which is where Shaymin is) you had to have beaten the Elite Four. From that article, though, it looks like it just directly transfers it to your character, so you should be fine.

Mentos=Win
Monsieur Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 02:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luy22
Alright well, all my friends made me play Pearl. It was awhile since I played a Pokemon game (wow the memories).

Does anyone know anything about the thing at Toys-R-Us? :/ I heard they were giving out a free rare pokemon thing... But I was wondering if I have to beat the game in order to get that...
Yeah there are some areas of the game you cant reach that contain legendary pokemon unless you get them from an event. I used to know what they where all called, but its a quick fix to look up online.

And the one I think you are talking about changes depending on what game you have, and that's confusing because it makes it effectively impossible to have all of them.

I used to play peal on the nets but it got boring, I have a bunch of little birdies who couldn't be killed in one hit and had an attack to dish out more punishment % wise then you inflict, making them 1 hit KO machines... and some other really cheesy stuff..

Kind of sad there was no real reason to use normal pokemon. You just went for stats, would have been cool it you could raise them all to within a better approximation of each other, and not limiting what you would work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote