Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Moar Mass Effect Discussion
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Moar Mass Effect Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
Currently addicted to Mass Effect. I only just just beat Noveria and Ferros. This is my first playthrough so... no spoilers, please. :P

I'm liking the subtle humor. Did anyone else catch the Mira system's first comment when you meet her while powering up the base?
No, but I did catch all of the missed chances for cheesy (and awesome) innuendo with Tali.

"You like ships, do you? Care to see mine? It's a class VII exploration vessel, capable of probing the deepest, darkest holes in the galaxy."

"If you're impressed by the ship's drive-core, you'll be blown away by the size of mine."

And,

"Well, we Humans are quite adept at fitting large, heavy objects into small, tight places. If you like, I can give you a hands-on demonstration.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 03:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The totally unofficial, non endorsed,

I'll have to... Err... *cough* Check that out. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2009, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Quote:
Currently addicted to Mass Effect. I only just just beat Noveria and Ferros. This is my first playthrough so... no spoilers, please. :P

I'm liking the subtle humor. Did anyone else catch the Mira system's first comment when you meet her while powering up the base?
No, but I did catch all of the missed chances for cheesy (and awesome) innuendo with Tali.

"You like ships, do you? Care to see mine? It's a class VII exploration vessel, capable of probing the deepest, darkest holes in the galaxy."

"If you're impressed by the ship's drive-core, you'll be blown away by the size of mine."

And,

"Well, we Humans are quite adept at fitting large, heavy objects into small, tight places. If you like, I can give you a hands-on demonstration.
You're reading far, far too much into that.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2009, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Quote:

And,

You're reading far, far too much into that.
Hey, I was one of the founding members of the Tali Romance Club. We've been pushing for a Tali romance option since before the game was even out! By now, we'd even be happy with a simple "No Shepard, I'm not interested."

Of course, we'd still have to be able to flirt with her afterwards >

And if you think that's scary, read this guy's blog. He makes a pretty convincing arguments for GLADOS from Portal being in a sort of "I have no mouth, and I must scream," situation. That, and the game's inclusion of bondage themes.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 02:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I finished Mass Effect! Took me around ~20-22 hours, if I remember correctly. Got the Paramour and Tactician achievments as well.

I can see why some considered the classes to be a bit imbalanced in relation to each other. I played as a Soldier/Shock Trooper (I usually play the 'smart guy' in RPGs and I felt like mindlessly blowing Klkn up just this once), and I probally only died 4 or 5 times in the entire game. My guy was a powerhouse and I pretty much steamrolled every dude that got in my way.

I intend to play start a new character soon; probally play a class that specializes in Tech or Biotics rather than Combat for a different experience. I also intend to play on the hard difficulty, and go for the Renegade achievement (ergo, kick every puppy in sight) instead of being a goody-toe-shoes.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 03:06   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Good, wasn't it?

I don't cosider the inbalance to be an inbalance - just a different challenge from the norm. A soldier with heavy armour and a shotgun will, as you found out, paste anything in your way. Thats the easy route out. If you want a challenge play as an adept. Remember - it's your game, you play it as you want.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 03:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I had a lot of fun playing an Infiltrator. Having just finished playing as a Soldier, it took a while for me to get used to having to take cover and not being able to charge into a room full of enemies, but once I got over that hurdle, I was fine.

As a soldier, I always liked to keep all bars balanced on my team. But now, I've realized that the best team is always Tali+Liara. Liara's Biotics are insane, and Tali is great for decryption, as well as just true blue denial(thinly veiled Magic reference). ("Think you can just shoot at me, huh? OVERLOAD! What now, Mother****er? Oh, what? Your buddy's shooting at me now? Tali, OVERLOAD! Ooh, I'm real scared now, why don't you take cover so I can't shoot you? What's this, you did? GRENADE BITCHES! You can't stop the Shep!")
Old 02 Feb 2009, 03:22   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

I much prefer Liara and Wrex in my group - just hammer my way through the encounter. Wrex and Liara just flatten anything with thrown, and then me and wrex batter anything that might pose a threat whilst liara neitralises the irritating stuff.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 03:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILK
I much prefer Liara and Wrex in my group - just hammer my way through the encounter. Wrex and Liara just flatten anything with thrown, and then me and wrex batter anything that might pose a threat whilst liara neitralises the irritating stuff.
It appears that our individual fighting styles conflict greatly then. I am much more of a ranged attacker. All of my chars so far have had the AR, just because of its medium-long range capabilities.

Of course, if we were to fight eachother, it would be a matter of which one of us could get Liara's singularity to fire first. After that, you could destroy me up close, or I could strip your shields and take you down from Afar.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 08:57   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Pah, you want to make it hard, play as infiltrator. My pistol pwned, but it was still just a pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote