Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DoW 2 Release and Beta
Old 11 Jan 2009, 02:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default DoW 2 Release and Beta

Looks like one of TOs favourite games will be here soon.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172196

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 04:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: DoW 2 Release and Beta

So I saw, I'm probably not gonna download the beta since the game is scheduled to come out mid-February in the states anyways. I think I'll survive the extra week or two :P

But I'm definitely pumped, Nids will be awesome and I wanna see what changes they made (And perhaps get back into PC gaming again).
Old 11 Jan 2009, 06:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

danmit killzone 2 AND dawn of war 2 within a week of each other gah, not sure if i'll be able to pick them both up on release(and just to spite me sucker punch will proly release infamous within a week of kz2 as well > ). anyways that beta will be downloaded day one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 13:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm soooo there. Jan 21st!

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 14:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Good thing I got my new video card a few days ago. I'm so pumped for this.

I don't think I'll beta though. I can hold out a few weeks. I also don't really feel like downloading Seam just for the beta, because last time I had Seam it was more hassle than it was worth to sign up and all that. If it's hosted by any other websites, though... :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 22:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I would say that it would be worth it to download the beta. The game may look great but that doesn't mean that it will be. If you play the beta you will know whether or not it will be worth it to buy. It could save you a few bucks.
Also I find that Steam is awesome to have. It is nice to know when your friends are online.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

Old 11 Jan 2009, 22:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yep, it's really the only gaming friends system for PC there is which is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2009, 14:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey
I would say that it would be worth it to download the beta. The game may look great but that doesn't mean that it will be. If you play the beta you will know whether or not it will be worth it to buy. It could save you a few bucks.
Also I find that Steam is awesome to have. It is nice to know when your friends are online.
Hey, I don't know about you, but I am buying this game, no matter what. :P

Well, of course, if it turns out to be a literal steaming pile of Klkn I won't, but the chances of that are slim. It'd make one hell of an early April Fool's Joke though. :-X

Anyway, considering Relic's track record (Dawn of War 1, Company of Heroes), I see no reason to have any worry about this game failing. Besides, when it comes down to it, I'll happily put my money behind 40k video games to encourage GW in the future, particularly good ones like Dawn of War was.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 00:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That is true, relic's latest RTS's have been awesome. But on the other hand, look at how good MoHA looked, and it's multiplayer was suppose to be terrible.

Old 13 Jan 2009, 02:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey
Hey, I don't know about you, but I am buying this game, no matter what. :P

Well, of course, if it turns out to be a literal steaming pile of Klkn I won't, but the chances of that are slim. It'd make one hell of an early April Fool's Joke though. :-X

Anyway, considering Relic's track record (Dawn of War 1, Company of Heroes), I see no reason to have any worry about this game failing. Besides, when it comes down to it, I'll happily put my money behind 40k video games to encourage GW in the future, particularly good ones like Dawn of War was.
Ditto :P I'm gonna wind up getting this game no matter what. I mean, c'mon... Tyranids! ;D