Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Playstation 3: Oumatched, Outclassed and Over Priced
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jan 2009, 21:09   #1 (permalink)
Anton

Default Playstation 3: Oumatched, Outclassed and Over Priced

Heya,

I'm a Playstation 3 owner and as you can tell by the title, not very happy. In the beginning it was all great, Metal Gear Solid 4 drew me in and I traded my Xbox 360 for one, what a fool I was. I recently became a part of Playstation Network, whilst it is entirely free and requires no ethernet cable or the purchase of a router, the content is shockingly sparse and of very poor quality. In comparison to my Brothers Xbox 360 Elite, the PS3 is a joke. Xbox Live has far more players, much, much more downloadable content and... Better games.

The games for the PS3 are shit, there is no other word for it. With the exception of MGS4, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2, the rest are poorly designed attempts to match the Xbox. I was enraged that on Xbox Live you can get all of these fantastic downloads for Oblivion, how many downloads are there for Oblivion on Playstation Network? None. Xbox Live is getting the fantastic new download for GTAIV: Lost and the Damned, does Playstation Network get it? No.

So, the majority of the games are shit, the Playstation Network Store is not even funny, it's tragic, and the only decent game that is due for release is Killzone 2. To try and find a decent PS3 game I bought Resistance 2, did I waste my money? Yes. It is the worst game I have ever played on, in comparison to Gears of War 2, Resistance 2 looks rushed, pathetic and hyped up.

So tell me fellow Playstation 3 owners, what has held you back from throwing your console out of the window? Because from where I am sitting, the Xbox 360 has the Playstation 3 beaten on all fronts. :-\

Old 10 Jan 2009, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Playstation 3: Oumatched, Outclassed and Over Priced

God of War 3.
Old 10 Jan 2009, 21:25   #3 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
God of War 3.
I've never played any of the series, it never intrested me. What I am worried about is if Killzone 2 turns out like Resistance 2, another hyped up sequel that is as worse as the first game.

Old 10 Jan 2009, 21:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

God of War 3 sums up my thoughts though: the hope for new games that will be so awesome as to make the PS3 worth it, and exclusive.
Old 10 Jan 2009, 21:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

But do you really want hope? The PS3 has been out for over two years. In addition to having to wait an extra year for it, you have had fewer games released in the past two years, lower quality games, more expensive games. The console cost more, and although LIVE costs $50 for online play, its free for downloads- and isn't
it worth it? It's been too long for hope of it getting good soon; the seventh generation consoles are half way through their lifecycles already.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 01:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

People like different games.

I look at the PS3, and see Resistance, Motorstorm, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, etc...
I look at the 360 and see nothing I'd like to play that isn't on PC.
Simple as that, people have different opinions.

Mentos=Win
Old 11 Jan 2009, 06:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I agree with monsieur monkey, PS3 unlike what you said, imo has more, better games, when I look at the 360 I see halo and gears that's it that's all anybody ever talks about when they talk 360. and how can you say that resistance 2 was an rushed, pathetic and hyped up game, what about it seemed rushed?pathetic? at least the matchmaking system worked for online since launch that's more than gears 2 can say as it's matchmaking is STILL broken to this day. as for 360 having more online players, im pretty sure the difference between 4 and 10 million players won't make that much of a difference to you in cod4 when your playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
and the only decent game that is due for release is Killzone 2.
cough*cough*infamous,uncharted2,ff13vs.,heavy rain,R&C2,M.A.G.cough*cough* now anton ask yourself what the 360 has coming this year. hmmm halo wars, halo ODST... what else...? nothing...(except maybe mass effect 2).

which ps3 games do you think are shit? apparently not the same games Im playing... also remind yourself that ps3 has the same third party games as the 360 does, sure we don't have great DLC, but that can't be helped if microsoft buys the rights to it...

sorry if I come across sounding insanely hostile, but when people make posts like this I feel like it's my job to protect the ps3 from blatant hostilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
Old 11 Jan 2009, 08:19   #8 (permalink)
Anton

What I dislike so much about the PS3 is the Playstation Store and its shocking lack of content. I was all giddy when my brother had downloaded the Mehrunes Dagger quest and Frostcrag Spire from Xbox Live, assuming Sony would have been good enough to follow suit I searched for the same downloadable content on Playstation Network, did I find it? No. Not a single piece of content for Oblivion. The same can be said for the GTAIV mini-sequel GTAIV: Lost and the Damned, which is only for Xbox. >

Quote:
and how can you say that resistance 2 was an rushed, pathetic and hyped up game, what about it seemed rushed?pathetic?
Compare it to its rival games, Call of Duty 4, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, for starters they introduce you to the story behind the game, not just fling you into the centre of combat without knowing where you are or why. The graphics are rubbish, during the cinematics the guy you play as has his equipment printed onto his uniform, it's not seperate from his uniform, no it actually looks as though its drawn on. When you fire the Chimera Assault Rifle the shots are pixelated and look like something from Donkey Kong, not a FPS. The combat is boring and offers nothing new, you can't use cover like in GTAIV or GoW 2, the weapons are sparce and not very good, the enemies are stupid, your allies are stupid and you are forced on a set path, you cannot change any part of your game experience.

Resistance 2 offers nothing new at all in comparison to the other big names of shooting games, it is a boring repitive game that the PS3 magazines wanked off over so long and then when it hit the shelves, it wasn't what I expected, I expected somthing new, not just the same shit tarted up and poorly made.

Quote:
sorry if I come across sounding insanely hostile, but when people make posts like this I feel like it's my job to protect the ps3 from blatant hostilities.
Nah, you're alright. But I am raising a vaild point though, not looking for a fight. Consider how much money you pay for the console, games and accessories? For the cost of buying a PS3 plus games and accessories I could have purchased an Xbox 360 Elite plus games and accessories and still have money to spare. For all of the money we have paid, why should the Xbox 360 be superior to the PS3 on every field?

It's hard to raise an argument to defend the PS3, because as a PS3 player I feel neglected and out of touch with Sony, whilst with Microsoft they are constantly offering new downloads, better games and a better online experience.

Old 11 Jan 2009, 08:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well the PS3 has bluray...and RE5. And Killzone 2. Other than that, I'm not interested in it. It's too expensive for what it gives. I'd rather update my PC than go for a PS3.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 09:00   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
I agree with monsieur monkey, PS3 unlike what you said, imo has more, better games, when I look at the 360 I see halo and gears that's it that's all anybody ever talks about when they talk 360.
Mass Effect and Fable 2
Closed Thread