Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

boardgaming
Old 21 Nov 2008, 03:05   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: boardgaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
One board game my friends and I like is the Akrham Horror game. It's based on Lovecraft stuff and the game has a very cool race-against-time feel to it when the monsters start spilling out of alternate dimensions. It's almost more of a simplified RPG than a board game at times, as well.
Exactly why I reccomended the whole line up! ;D

Have you guys gotten the newest expansion? Our group just bought it last Friday, haven't had a chance to run through it yet.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 15:01   #12 (permalink)
Shas'O

No, just the core game. The expansions look very neat though, particularly the two (Dunwich Horror and Insmouth Horror, I think) with an extra game board. The expansions are being looked into over the... holidays. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 19:12   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
No, just the core game. The expansions look very neat though, particularly the two (Dunwich Horror and Insmouth Horror, I think) with an extra game board. The expansions are being looked into over the... holidays. :P
There are some very expensive expansions, I'll admit. It's one of the reasons we buy as a "group" effort. :P
I think I've bought three expansions so far, while my one buddy got two and the main game. Our group buys the stuff so everyone can collectively enjoy the games, the same way that we do Munchkin (more expensive add-ons :P ) and others...

Now that I think about it, I've had to have have bought at least 5 Munchkin sets so far. There's over 20 of the different sets!

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 01:28   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you are interested in WWII board games, than Memoir '44 is a kind of neat one. And of course Risk ils always good. Has any on played Risk 2210 A.D. I've been wondering if it is any good. It looks kind of neat.

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 03:09   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

I have Risk 2210.
It's pretty much the same old Risk, but with a few more territories (Lunar, Underwater) and Commanders, which allow you to use D8's when attacking with them, and to purchase command cards, which can have all sorts of effects from claiming empty land to bombing the crap out of everything (I <3 the "Apocalypse" card that lets all Nuclear cards be played for free…)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 03:18   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Board games are fun, but it's been years since I last played one. Last one I ever played was Risk in a history class.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 16:18   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
I have Risk 2210.
It's pretty much the same old Risk, but with a few more territories (Lunar, Underwater) and Commanders, which allow you to use D8's when attacking with them, and to purchase command cards, which can have all sorts of effects from claiming empty land to bombing the Klkn out of everything (I <3 the "Apocalypse" card that lets all Nuclear cards be played for free…)
I love that game. I don't really like how short they make it though; we've considered dropping the three year limit because it makes it nearly impossible to conquer much of the board. But yeah, the one time we've used the apocalypse card was... interesting, to say the least. ;D
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 19:01   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
I have Risk 2210.
It's pretty much the same old Risk, but with a few more territories (Lunar, Underwater) and Commanders, which allow you to use D8's when attacking with them, and to purchase command cards, which can have all sorts of effects from claiming empty land to bombing the Klkn out of everything (I <3 the "Apocalypse" card that lets all Nuclear cards be played for free…)
Sounds kind of neat. I haven't played Risk in ages but have been thinking about trying out 2210.

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 18:00   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
SFB is in fact one of the baddest-D'yi games ever, but I think it's more a wargame than a boardgame, to be honest.

Federation & Empire is the strategic boardgame version, and it's quite worth the investment of time in the playing.
I suppose, I just class it as a boardgame because I couldn't think of another category that wouldn't require extensive explanation to non-gamers.

Good to see another player around here. What faction do you play most often? For me, WYNs Klingons, and Tholians.

F&E is too expensive for me though, since I'd never be able to get a game around here.
Hmm. Maybe an online F&E game...

I play everything with a degree of success, but my favorites are Lyrans, despite having several of the worst ship designs and worst fleet metadesign in the game. Maybe I just like the underdog, or really, really hate Hydrans.

Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 19:05   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
Quote:
SFB is in fact one of the baddest-D'yi games ever, but I think it's more a wargame than a boardgame, to be honest.

Federation & Empire is the strategic boardgame version, and it's quite worth the investment of time in the playing.
I suppose, I just class it as a boardgame because I couldn't think of another category that wouldn't require extensive explanation to non-gamers.

Good to see another player around here. What faction do you play most often? For me, WYNs Klingons, and Tholians.

F&E is too expensive for me though, since I'd never be able to get a game around here.
Hmm. Maybe an online F&E game...

I play everything with a degree of success, but my favorites are Lyrans, despite having several of the worst ship designs and worst fleet metadesign in the game. Maybe I just like the underdog, or really, really hate Hydrans.
I can't get Vassal to work right online, so that route won't work for me. Plus, I don't have the rules.

Lyrans are kinda cool. Maybe we should do a PBEM patrol game. My Hydrans or Kzintis versus your Lyrans.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote