Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fable 2... dissapointing?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 03:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Fable 2... dissapointing?

Ok well I've been playing Fable 2 for the last few days and I gotta say... its a dissapointment. The combat isn't bad and the story is fairly interresting but a lack of a minimap or an ability to manipulate your main map, forced out of the menu everytime you use a potion, eat food or read a book, and the utter lack of any clothing that has even a single piece of armor on it so far are all proving incredibly annoying.

I haven't had a character look so... bad since playing World of Warcraft for petes sack and its not for a lack of funds either. A trick, invest in property as much as you can and then leave the game on with a wired controller in all night. When you wake up in the morning you'll have a ton of cash and just invest that in more property. Right now I'm getting over 10k gold every 5 minutes and last night alone made over a million in gold and that was the first time I'd done that. But even with all the money I could want there's nothing to buy! The weapons are fairly limited and whle they look cool the best clothing I can get makes me feel like a freaking nancy boy and I can't wear anything cooler cause its all evil lookin damnit.

Anyone else found Fable 2 a bit irritating?

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 03:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza
Default Re: Fable 2... dissapointing?

You dont even need to leave it on, you get all the money you earn at once when you turn the game back on.
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 00:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the graphics seemed a bit blurry to me and hurt my eyes... also it seemed too easy to get back to being good after going evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 17:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well I liked the game a lot. Of course I didn't do any of the money tricks. I own every piece of property in the game and I did it all fair and square while actually playing the game. Basically I bought the weapon shops in Old Town and Market Square. I used the couple thousand gold that I had and bought as many weapons as I could. Then I took those weapons and sold them to the weapons trader at Fairfax. Since their economy was so good the guy would give me more than they were worth. Example, a 600 Iron Sword cost be me about 366 Gold, and sometimes that would be even better if there was a sale going on. I would take the sword and sell it for 609 gold at Fairfax making a 234 profit. Then I would take that money and invest it in more weapons. Eventually I was making thousands of gold in profit for each exchange) I built up a millon gold and started buying property Then I upped the rent a little and used the money that I was making off the rent to buy more weapons. I now own everything, and have a surpluss of about 3 million gold and a lot of weapons...

However there are some problems with it. I don't think the interaction on xbobx live is as good as it could have been. I hate using the menu for everything like what Vash113 said.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote