Old 12 Nov 2008, 09:51   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Class action lawsuits filed against Electronic Arts regarding Securom

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/11/...eature-creator

All I can say is I hope they hamstring the bastards. Enjoy :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 13:21   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Class action lawsuits filed against Electronic Arts regarding Securom

Agreed.

Well, two weeks of having RA3 installed on this laptop, and no problems as of yet.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 15:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Re: Class action lawsuits filed against Electronic Arts regarding Securom

In moderation, all I can say is....
Sue their D'yeri off! Make EA shudder at the thought of even attempting something like this again!

However, I would appreciate it if you don't completely break the company in half
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 22:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its EA, you think one lawsuit is going to cripple them? best case they settle.... :

They have redeemed themselves with dead space and mirrors edge, they are going in the right direction. I hated their limitations on T rated games ....
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 00:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Its EA, you think one lawsuit is going to cripple them? best case they settle.... :

They have redeemed themselves with dead space and mirrors edge, they are going in the right direction. I hated their limitations on T rated games ....
Dead space is set to have similar DRM to Spore and Bioshock. I won't be buying it.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 00:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

They put SecuROM on a free to download demo?? Okay, EA I can grant a little bit of paranoia, but that's overboard for anyone.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 00:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I wont agree with their protection policies however. But the best case I see out of this that EA still stands, and probably settles for some chunk change out of court.

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 07:54   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

EA will never fold because of these, and honestly I don't want them to. I know people call them Evil Arts, and they have made some, shall we say, poor choices in the past with games.

But really, a huge chunk of the games I own are EA, and I like them. Which is why I am so annoyed by Securom - I want RA3, but its a PC game not console, but they have effectively banned me from buying it for PC as I will not have their malware on my machine. Its a shame, but nothing you can do (and I won't pirate it).

I want these lawsuits to hurt them, make them realise what they are doing, and maybe change it.

I'm not even opposed to DRM, I just want them to implement it right. Its like that bank advert says - "Most people don't want to beat the system, they just want it to work"

I don't want to beat their DRM, I just want it to not fudge up my PC like spore did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 08:04   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Looking at my games the only two that I have that are from EA are C&C 3 and BF: Bad company. Both of which I never really play on. Yes, battlefield will be missed, as will C&C - but those games are so big that they will be picked up by a different company anyway.

I hope that they recieve their damn punishments.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 08:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I hope for whats probably the best outcome of this: EA continues to make games without Securom.
Except I doubt that one lawsuit will do anything to EA.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote