• ATI Radeon HD 3870 GPU
  • 2 GB Kingston RAM

[hr]

Graphics Settings:
  • All Qualities on Maximum
  • 1440x900

[hr]

Graphics:
The game is visually superb, bringing the environment to life just as well as Crysis. The water effects are the only place it falls short, but this is minor compared to how each time of day gives a totally unique view of the world.

Sound:
The music is generally subtle, but it's well-done. The ambient sounds, conversations, radio commentator, and weapons-fire are all superb.

Story:
So far in, it really gives the feel of <insert poor African nation>. By which I mean, it's a really miserable hell-hole. There's not much differentiation or in-game exposition on either of the two factions, but it gives you the feeling of being an outsider in a bizarre setting, out to survive and make some coin in the process - which is exactly who your character is.

Combat:
The enemies are irritatingly durable at times, as with Crysis, but they seem to react better; I haven't seen how they respond to silenced weapons, though. They're nothing like the insanely persistent mercs of the original Far Cry, but they're pretty good combatants. The real joy of fighting is that sometimes when heavily damaged they'll go to ground, in pain and trying to fix themselves up; sometimes they manage to get up and get to cover, others you ram your machete into their gut.

There's a decent assortment of weapons, but the class system is somewhat punishing; for instance, you can't carry both a sniper and an assault rifle, but then you could take a sniper rifle and a light machine gun.

Grenades and explosives give a really satisfying bang - and associated highly destructive explosion - when they go off, and vehicular combat is balanced and exciting.

Also, fire.

Experience:
This is what sets Far Cry 2 apart. From the get-go, you truly feel like you are in the shoes of your chosen character. Be it self-healing, climbing in and out of vehicles, succumbing to malaria, or any of a number of other simple, simple actions, Far Cry 2 goes the extra mile - several times - to make you feel like you're really there.

AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Far Cry 2

I agree, I got this on PS3 and it's one of the best games that I've played in a long time. There's nothing like using a molotov to set fire to the grass where you're enemies are hiding and thus burn them out into the open.
Kalarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 00:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yet another game I wish I could play.

I swear, this is the one reason why i hate the holidays. So many games... :P
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2008, 09:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My dad bought it for Xmas and he let me test it out for this weekend I can not describe the insane awesomeness that is Farcry 2

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 17:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I hope that I get a chance to try it out sometime. It looks absolutely amazing!

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 18:51   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Just got it yesterday... have yet to play it though. Definitely looking forward to it.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote