Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fallout 3 Tranquility Lane Failsafe Activation
Old 02 Nov 2008, 23:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Fallout 3 Tranquility Lane Failsafe Activation

Ok so for anyone playing Fallout 3 and having trouble in Tranquility lane, here's how to do it:

Find the Abandoned House, go inside and you'll see a number of items of interest, they are:

Gnome
Pitcher
Radio
Cinder Block
Empty Nuka-Cola bottle

Now each item makes a sound when you activate it, and in the right sequence you activate the failsafe computer console, here's the order:

Radio
Pitcher
Gnome
Pitcher
Cinder Block
Gnome
Bottle

It took me forty minutes to figure that out after several hours wandering around the blasted Tranquility Lane. So there it is for ease and sanity's sake, enjoy!

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 23:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Fallout 3 Tranquility Lane Failsafe Activation

THANK YOU.

I spent a while trying to figure it out, and thought "meh, screw it, I have bad karma anyway" and murdered the whole town. This'll help me for my next run through though. Thanks a lot.

EDIT:

Let me provide another 'code'. This won't be used until the very end of the game. AKA HUUUGE SPOILER. SPOILER. You will know what code I am talking about when you get there. It is at the VERY END.

[hr]
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
[hr]
[size=1pt]At the very end, when you run into the radiation filled room and need a code to save project purity, the code is 216. It's from that Revelations 21:6 passage.[/size]

[hr]
END SPOILER
[hr]

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 06:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually the code is easy, just ask Sentinel Lyons to go input the code and when she asks for it your answer tells you the code, exit the conversation, load and you know what to punch in. Peace of cake really.

On the other hand I can't figure out how to inject the modified FEV into the darn thing... though admittedly I didn't look very hard.

Old 03 Nov 2008, 07:59   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I figured the code out eventually in Tranq, it was a bitch as I didn't realise the bottle was part of it - got the first set easy in a couple mins, then spent 20 wondering why none of them were right to activate

Considered murdering the whole town, but that was because I thought it would be fun :P

Wasn't this a really surreal and weird level? I thought it was really weird, I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd say it was the most disturbing level, not freightening but it was the level that proved most unsettling, probably especially because there weren't Ghouls and Mutants leaping out at you and things weren't decayed or ruined and yet something was just... wrong.

Though the most nerve wracking weird levels would deffinitely be Vaults 106 and 108. In both crazy clones/survivors have a nasty predisposition for coming right out of nowhere, leaping right into your face and scaring the shit out of you and no Metro tunnel or sewer can come close to matching the dark, grimy, blood stained decay of those ruined Vaults. Just entering is bad enough as soon as you see the big bad Vault door torn up and/or missing you just know this isn't going to be pretty. I know there's a bobble head I missed in Vault 108's Cloning Labs but I am NOT going back there even if everything in it is dead, I'll go dive into a Metro tunnel with relish before I step into one of those darn Vaults again. Except 112, that was amusing up until Tranquility Lane.

Old 03 Nov 2008, 15:17   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

What the hell am I missing?

Are these locations you need to scout out and explore? I seem to have had sod all side quests, do you literally have to check out each blip on your compass.

Bear in mind I'm most used to playing ME/Vampire, where all quests and things were given to you by NPC's.

Is Fallout different then?

Quote:
Old 03 Nov 2008, 15:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Actually the code is easy, just ask Sentinel Lyons to go input the code and when she asks for it your answer tells you the code, exit the conversation, load and you know what to punch in. Peace of cake really.
Really? I must have missed that...
Old 03 Nov 2008, 16:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron

Are these locations you need to scout out and explore? I seem to have had sod all side quests, do you literally have to check out each blip on your compass.

Bear in mind I'm most used to playing ME/Vampire, where all quests and things were given to you by NPC's.

A bit yea the quest "Those" is found by investigating the empty town of Grey Ditch, you actually get the quest by reading a computer in the recently built shack.

Also when you hit lvl 20 your last perk can be one called "Explorer" which will place every marker on your map. You still have to travel to them in person but they are all there. Thats how I found Grey Ditch and the WKTM Broadcast Studio, where one of the bobbleheads is.

Old 03 Nov 2008, 20:56   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I know I want either explorer or Ninja, but I was right, in way. I did a lot more exploring - just wandering around the wastes (after leaving dad and co and PP) and just investigating every blip I found.

A lot of fun as well, for hours of wandering

Quote:
Old 04 Nov 2008, 01:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron

A bit yea the quest "Those" is found by investigating the empty town of Grey Ditch, you actually get the quest by reading a computer in the recently built shack.

Also when you hit lvl 20 your last perk can be one called "Explorer" which will place every marker on your map. You still have to travel to them in person but they are all there. Thats how I found Grey Ditch and the WKTM Broadcast Studio, where one of the bobbleheads is.
I got the THOSE! quest from a random kid who ran up to me and started crying about THOSE!, which is a parody of an old 70s movie called THEM!