Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!
Reply
Old 16 Oct 2008, 17:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

I was bored.

[hr]

5: Super Smash Bros/Melee/Brawl
Okay, I'll start with SSB/SSBM/SSBB. Yahtzee didn't like it. What a shame, the bloke doesn't talk in a flowing river of gold - he's funny but that doesn't make him right. I've loved the SSB series from its humble beginnings back on the N64, back when the only character I thought cool enough to warrant my attentions was Samus and I still thought she was a bloke. And I didn't know who the hell Ness or Captain Falcon were. Fast forward to now and I play Brawl, revelling in the additions of Sonic and Wolf, though bemoaning the fact that Wolf's "British Baddie" voice has gone the way of the Dreamcast. If you want a fair, competitive game of SSB it is entirely doable - handicaps, turning off items or playing on blank stages (or all three) are all ways of levelling the playing field, because while Melee perhaps had an unbalance Brawl has a bizarrely balanced roster of characters (yep, even Dedede's good if you can use him). If you want to just prat around and beat Mario in the face with a baseball bat then hey, that can be done too! Coupled with an amazingly good storyline (considering what I expected: i.e. nil) that feels very much like The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Nintendo Edition (and anybody who thinks that Samus' spaceship, Kirby's warpstar, the Blue Falcon and an Arwing flying against a Star Destroyer piloted by Ganondorf and Bowser isn't pretty ****ing sick is not worth knowing), this makes Brawl stand out as one of my Top 5 Computer Games EVAR. Until the next one comes out of course.

4: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Following on from my brief mention of Sonic in the previous entry, I have to drop him in here. The blue hedgehog... what can I say about him. He's just damn cool. He has CONTINUED to be cool, even if voice actor changes have mangled his friends and poor game design has taken a leak all over his achievements. I consider this particular game to be the pinnacle of his career. Sure it doesn't have some of the cool characters from later on (and some of the characters are cool, yes they are - just because most are lame doesn't mean they all are) but it has the Big Three and they're the ones that matter. It also is the first Sonic game where you can actually save your game of sorts and that makes it stand out.

The combination with Sonic & Knuckles is also important because not only does it add Knuckles himself but it also adds all the S&K levels (making it stupidly long for an era when saving your game in anything but a JRPG [and there weren't any WRPGs] was a pipedream - except for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, of course) and most importantly it adds the Sonic & Knuckles theme tune. If you know what I'm referring to you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, then it's quite hard to explain. Suffice to say the feeling I get when I hear this tune is nothing short of "this is god damn fething awesome" especially after I've just turned Sonic into his uber super form. I am still pissed off that they haven't made proper super forms for Tails and Knuckles seeing as they blatantly deserve them (or at least Knuckles does, he can Chaos Control), they had a good opportunity for that at the end of Sonic Heroes but nooo. Nevermind. Sonic 3 & Knuckles... awesome game. Can keep playing it. I still do keep playing it, even though I've got no sound on my laptop (getting a new one tomorrow :P) and as such can't hear the awesomeness.

3: Knights Of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
I figure this one will be a controversial entry as many feel it to be a weak sequel that cringes in the shadow of its monolithic predecessor, blessed of a plot twist to rival... well I was gonna say "to rival Star Wars" but I think I need to be more specific and say "rival Empire Strikes Back." You all know the one I mean. Yes the original was badass but I have my reasons for preferring the second.

The first reason is I prefer the characters. This may well be controversial too but meh. I connected better with the characters in the second, I felt more like the Exile was a representation of myself than Revan was (this is something that is important in RPGs and will be important for Number 2 - oh, I gave away Number 2 was an RPG. Nevermind, you won't expect Number 1) and that made the entire roleplaying experience (which, in a roleplaying game, is high on the list of priorities) that much more immersive. Kreia pissed me off. I gather that was the point. There was only one character I figured was totally irrelevant and that is G0-T0. I defy someone to disagree.

It's no secret that KOTORII was rushed out the door and things like Planet of the HKs were left out of the end. This is upsetting, but it is not a reason for gamers to cry bullshit on the abrupt ending. I feel that even if the Planet of the HKs had been added and the final battle on Malachor was given more exposition the ending would have been just as abrupt. Why do I think this? The answer is rather simple. On my first play through I agreed with the majority of the players. I didn't quite get what the point had been for such a rushed, blunt ending. But I played it through again anyway, I wanted to do it Light Side for starters and I wanted to perfect the Quickest Route To A Lightsaber. And as I played it through again, I noticed something. Right after you leave Telos the Exile, Atton, Kreia etc are discussing where to go next (you have the choice of the four planets). If you ask Kreia for guidance, she says that it is not important where your journey takes you but rather what you learn along the way.

Maybe you guys will view this as hippie silliness, but this to me makes the game make so much more sense. If the ending provided some kind of closure that point would be entirely lost (rather than just mostly lost as players choose to ignore it). I discover things about myself as I play through KOTORII, the moral dilemmas that the Exile encounters truly gave me something to think about, most notably on Nar Shadaa and Onderon. The fact that I get to duel wield lightsabers and fly around the galaxy in my badass spaceship with a bunch of cool allies fighting evil and injustice (in my own suitably anti-heroic way - I'm not Joker-Venom for nothing) just makes the journey of self discovery so much cooler.

2: Final Fantasy IX
Most FF fans (and I'm aware that a lot of the populous here follows the "Me no like JRPGs" crowd) will cite VI or VII or, a select diehard group, VIII as their favourite Final Fantasy. I disagree (as you can tell) and would instead rate IX highest. This probably will come as no surprise to most of you (it's hardly a secret that I have the crystal from FFIX inked onto the skin of my arm) so, as with the previous three entries, I'm going to explain my point.

I mentioned about KOTOR that I felt I connected more with the Exile than with Revan. There has been no character in any game or movie ever that I have connected with like I connect with Zidane. Sure I'm not an Angel of Death designed to bring ruin to the world with an insane twin brother, but his personality just correlates so much, his way of talking and doing things... it was like watching myself (with a tail) do things. And I totally love that. I also found I connected a huge amount with Tidus (hard to admit but it's truth, to the point that if I find a true best friend for life [i.e. a guy, not a romantic partner] I will have The Brotherhood [Tidus' sword for non-FF fans] tattoo'd on me), but FFX does not deserve to be anywhere near the top of a list of Best Games EVAR, because FFX is, despite Tidus and his maturity throughout the game, a travesty of a Final Fantasy and should be stricken.

So apart from Zidane, who despite being the main character is admittedly a small aspect of the game, why do I love FFIX so much? Well, I love VI, VII and VIII as much as the next FF fanboy. I would never claim that they were poorly constructed Final Fantasies (unlike X). They all have cool (if somewhat angsty - yeah Squall I'm looking at you) main characters and villains (here I refer to Kefka, Sephiroth and Seifer because Ultimecia barely counts). VI and VII have this epic kind of conflict with an evil/insane/nihilistic villain, and VIII kind of avoids this, the villain being almost incidental for the rampant love pentagons curling around the characters and their feelings about things and each other. IX, to my feeling, retains the best of both. Many would disagree but I feel Kuja to be a brilliant blend of Sephiroth and Kefka, more humanised than both though. The relationship between Garnet and Zidane is as beautiful as that of Squall and Rinoa, and Cloud... well. People still argue about who he actually loves/d out of Tifa and Aeris and it was even possible to get Barret to come on a date with you at one point so that shows how important the romance was in VII's story! So IX, for me, has a brilliant blend of epic and romance that marks it out as the best.

One of the reasons I dislike X (and there are many which I will go into if you press me but it's not bad enough to be one of the Worst Games EVAR and it's off-topic here) is that there is no proper airship, and that's been a staple of the Final Fantasy games from the beginning. IX brings airships back to the foreground after they became a bit of a rarity for VII and VIII, and for your first airship there is an awesome tune for it (Nobuo Uematso as always continues to outdo himself, though in his opinion FFIX is the best soundtrack he's ever written. Honestly. I'll find the source if you want), and before the journey to the final "dungeon" there's an awesome FMV where a fleet of airships has a battle with an army of dragons. That's just badass.

IX is, to me, the best Final Fantasy. It's not head and shoulders above all the others, but it is far enough above that in my eyes it should be clear for everyone to see.

1: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
Number One!

Now this particular little disc is going to cause cries of "What are you talking about Circus? XXX is much better than that!" but the thing is every single one of you will probably have a different game in place of "XXX" and I decided a long time ago that I'm not going to pander to what people expect Red Alert 2 to me symbolises all that is cool in "speculative fiction" and none of what I consider to be ****ing depressing and as such the kind of thing I don't want to see.

We talked about this a little in the thread where the cast for RA3 (looking to do well to carry the flame onward) was announced and how some dislike the silliness, but for the love of Tassadar we're WH40K players! If a strategy game can be incredibly solid, contemporary and also damn silly how is that not twelve different shades of awesome? Plotline is made of so much win, its silliness actually makes Command & Conquer: Age of Generals look foolish in comparison because it's like the developers wandered into the wrong studio.

With the expansion pack of Yuri's Revenge the "Silly" got cranked up to 11.

"Why are you doing this, you maniac? We did win the war, you know!" "Did you? I zink not." *pulls lever*

It's important to clarify what I mean by "silly." A red and purple painted moose wearing a thong, brandishing a bladder on a stick and riding a trike is undoubtedly silly, but this is not the same kind of badassery that RA2 dispenses with wanton abandon. The silliness that I refer to is the almost comic book, encroaching on believability silly thanks to a real world setting with everything almost "true" aside from, say... time travelling commandos or psychic troopers. Or tanks that fire electricity.

A lengthy campaign and an inexhaustible multiplayer (thanks to FinalAlert and providing you have some likeminded friends to pal with rather than the rushing bastards that inhabit the jungle of the Internet) make this a game I would much rather not live without.*

*Disclaimer: I am actually having to live without all of these games for the time being except for a soundless version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.



Special mentions go to Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64), Lylat Wars/Starwing 64 (N64), Wild Arms (PSX), Super Metroid (SNES), the SSX series after and including "Tricky" (various) and Marvel vs Capcom II (ARC, PS2 and Xbox).

Armoured Core 3 came so close, but yet so far.

Portal loses out because, funny and awesome as it is, I don't have a desire to ever play it again. I'll play a sequel... but to me it has no replay value.

[hr]

And the worst computer game ever...
1: Guitar Hero in all its forms.
I hate this game so hard it almost gets me sexually aroused. What is the God damn point?

I'm a guitarist, but I won't turn this into a Music Fascist argument of "people who play Guitar Hero think they're so good but I'm way cooler because I play real guitar." I just do not see the point of this game... aside from making yourself look like an ass in front of your flatmates. Like I said, this isn't a Music Fascist point - I make no claims to coolness (not based on my guitaring, anyway) - but why don't you just learn real guitar? It's not that hard. Which brings me onto one of the *biggest* reasons I hate Guitar Hero.

Guitar Hero Nerds.

My point of "What is the point?" here progresses to "SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE **** IS YOUR POINT??? OF YOUR EXISTENCE???" I can clearly illustrate this by one simple fact.

Through The Fire And Flames, by Dragonforce, is easier to play on a real guitar than on Guitar Hero.

Now I pointed this out with regard to Still Alive (the Portal ending song) on seeing someone Guitar Hero-ing that on Youtube, but Still Alive is by all accounts not a difficult song to play on a real guitar. It's much harder on Guitar Hero. Through The Fire And Flames, however, is not an easy song to play on real guitar. It's not as hard as a lot think, but it's not of the same kind of simplicity as Still Alive (which anyone with half a brain can hear).

You know what, I'm going to make that point again. To help it sink in.

Through The Fire And Flames, by Dragonforce, is easier to play on a real guitar than on Guitar Hero.

So if you're a Guitar Hero Nerd who can play TTFAF on Tremendous or Severe or Finger Breaking or whatever the hardest difficulty setting is called... ask yourself. What is the point of your life? With the time you did that you could have picked up a real guitar and learned it for real. Started a band. Actually *done* what you imagine yourself doing while you play GH. At least, what I hope you're imagining yourself doing. Because if not, I don't see why you do it.

And if anyone says "Oh Circus, you're only spewing all this GH hate because you can't do it" I will respond with:

I have the same kind of relationship RE: my ability with Guitar Hero as I do with Sudoku. I understand how it is done. I can do it. If someone put a gun to my head and made me do it I wouldn't be faced with major problems.

I just don't see why anyone would want to do it for fun.

[hr]

You may well disagree. I don't care.

Hehe
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 12,488
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Good post.

I loved Sonic 3 (and the Knuckles expansion) when I was a kid. I got stuck somewhere on level 3 for about two years and stopped playing it. Then I figured it out and completed it over and over again. ;D I have to put FFVII at the top of my FF list, admittedly it's the only one I've played from start to finish (I played X pretty far through but got bored). VII just has so much soul...and I grew up loving it.
Command and Conquer....I've loved that series too - but the sillyness kinda put me off. Cheesy I liked, silly not so much. I think my favorite was probably Tiberian Sun - Firestorm.

I also agree with you on this:
Quote:
Armoured Core 3 came so close, but yet so far.
The design element was awesome, but unfortuantely the linear'ness', gameplay, sound and graphics let it down.

Other games I thought deserved special mention:
Metal Gear Solid (The first PS1 game), Forsaken, Rollcage, Future Cop LAPD (AWESOME!!), Diablo (The first game), Abe's Oddesy, ....can't think of any more immediately. But undoubtedly there are more!

We share our 'love' for Guitar Hero too. Guitar Hero is to console gaming as WoW is to PC gaming IMO.
__________________
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Restayvien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 18:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzy
Good post.

I loved Sonic 3 (and the Knuckles expansion) when I was a kid. I got stuck somewhere on level 3 for about two years and stopped playing it. Then I figured it out and completed it over and over again. ;D
Marble Garden stumped me too, but I got there! ;D

Quote:
I also agree with you on this:
Quote:
Armoured Core 3 came so close, but yet so far.
The design element was awesome, but unfortuantely the linear'ness', gameplay, sound and graphics let it down.
Building your own titan? What is NOT to love? The gameplay I really liked - people complained that aiming was clunky ("Why not use the right stick??" they cried) but I really liked that aspect - you're piloting a huge robot, not moving your arm. It's gonna be hard. I actually got better at aiming on AC than I was on FPSs at the time. The graphics could have been better though, as could the sound and the linearness just took a massive dump on the open ended nature of the robot building.

And the missions were too short.

Quote:
Other games I thought deserved special mention:
Metal Gear Solid (The first PS1 game), Forsaken, Rollcage, Future Cop LAPD (AWESOME!!), Diablo (The first game), Abe's Oddesy, ....can't think of any more immediately. But undoubtedly there are more!
It'd be impossible to list every worthy game, but Rollcage was a very nice little racer and I think Abe's series (i.e. Oddysey and Exoddus - they were one part in the planned Quintology, which will apparently be movies now as was originally planned) were extremely well done games. Forsaken frustrated me to hell though I must admit

Quote:
We share our 'love' for Guitar Hero too. Guitar Hero is to console gaming as WoW is to PC gaming IMO.
Gah. It makes me so pissed off I might shit a literal brick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 18:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 5,117
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Now, see, I do disagree with your hate for Guitar Hero.

You justify your hate of a game, with your hate of a stereotyped group that plays said game. Not everyone who plays Guitar Hero is like that - in fact, MOST people who play Guitar Hero isn't like that. So if your only problem with Guitar Hero is the people who play it, stop reading here and realize what you're saying. Hating something because of the people who play/use it just plain wrong.

What people don't understand is that Guitar Hero is NOT trying to be like the real instrument, and it never will be like the real instrument. People play it because it's fun, easier to learn (although, yes, some songs are harder, but in general it is much easier and takes less time to master), and in general - IT'S A VIDEO GAME.


As for you saying Guitar isn't that hard to learn - you're right and you're wrong. It's not as hard as people think it is. If the Guitar Hero 'masters' spent half as much time on real guitar, yes, they'd be pretty good at it. However, for people who DON'T want to be great at guitar, for people who don't want to practice, for people who just wanna play along to their favorite songs, this is where Guitar Hero comes in.

In my mind, musicians complaining about Guitar Hero is like soldiers complaining about Call of Duty or baseball players complaining about MLB 2K8. You're missing the point entirely, in that we're playing these games 'cause they're fun, or maybe certain limitations prevent us from doing the 'real' thing.



Again, Guitar Hero isn't SUPPOSED to be like real guitar. It is SUPPOSED to be a cheap, fake substitute.
But we love it anyway. You shouldn't have to have a reason for playing a game other than "It's fun".

I play real drums now, but I still play Rock Band 2 a lot. They're 2 COMPLETELY different experiences, for better or for worse, and one isn't trying to 'replace' the other.

EDIT: I got ninja'd TWICE here. :P
__________________
I laugh at the fools who thought Tau Online Chat Op is hard work! :shifty:
[center]
Fire_Warrior 032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 18:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

GO-TO was neccesary for the DS ending and for the cut content including the HK's but yes he was rubbish.

Ahh Sonic 3, my first ever game I have lost count how many times I have played that game, playing co-op with my brother trying to complete the whole game in a set amount of time

I also second everything Rezzy said about FF VII

Me and a friend love RA2, all our friends are talking about the latest things they have done on CoD 4, we are still talking about RA2 :P

Quote:
I'm a guitarist, but I won't turn this into a Music Fascist argument of "people who play Guitar Hero think they're so good but I'm way cooler because I play real guitar."
You are way cooler for playing real guitar, don't deny it

Abe aswell, Odysee was great I used to play that alot 2 player aswell and the whole feel of it is just great aswell, the storyline is centred around slave labour yet it still manages to be funny, how do they pull it off?

I would have also put Splinter Cell, Hitman, Stalker SoC and the legacy of Kain but all of these I havn't found to be as popular, am I the only one that likes them D:
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:00   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 12,488
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Quote:
Marble Garden stumped me too, but I got there!
Oh yeah I forgot Marble Garden was lvl 3...maybe it was lvl 4 I got stuck on then...or lvl 2. It was the one with neon everywhere!

Quote:
Building your own titan? What is NOT to love? The gameplay I really liked - people complained that aiming was clunky ("Why not use the right stick??" they cried) but I really liked that aspect - you're piloting a huge robot, not moving your arm. It's gonna be hard. I actually got better at aiming on AC than I was on FPSs at the time. The graphics could have been better though, as could the sound and the linearness just took a massive dump on the open ended nature of the robot building.
And the missions were too short.
Agree completely - although I thought they weren't clunky enough. ;D I wanted it to feel more like a vehicle than a suit. And I wanted a better sense of scale. The linearness was probably the worst bit, combined with the short missions yeah.

Quote:
Forsaken frustrated me to hell though I must admit
Yeah single player did me too, but mutliplayer was a blast. The fun of using the infinite mine cheat to rig the whole map to explode!

Quote:
EDIT: I got ninja'd TWICE here.
I did once too hah.

Quote:
Ahh Sonic 3, my first ever game
My first ever game was Super Street Fighter II. Man I loved that! I got one of the MegaGame packs too....with Golden Axe etc

Quote:
Abe aswell, Odysee was great I used to play that alot 2 player aswell and the whole feel of it is just great aswell, the storyline is centred around slave labour yet it still manages to be funny, how do they pull it off?
Yeah the atmosphere was incredible, I think it was the dark lighting and the soundtrack. Plus the attention to detail was phenomenal.

Quote:
I would have also put Splinter Cell, Hitman, Stalker SoC and the legacy of Kain but all of these I havn't found to be as popular, am I the only one that likes them D:
I wouldn't put Splinter Cell in there, and I've never played Stalker. Hitman is v.good but not quite epic/old enough to go in 'the list' so to speak. The Legacy of Kain games are awesome - I can't remember my first one now, I think it was....Blood Omen 2. Then the last one they made. I played the earlier Soul Reaver games but never got really into them.
__________________
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Restayvien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Ah crap, I meant to mention that Rock Band's drums are worthy.

I truly do not see why ANYONE would rather play Guitar Hero than a real guitar. You are already holding a controller like a guitar, the step from there to actually PLAYING a simple riff is as easy as saying "This is an F, this is a C, this is a G."

I don't see the point, and I also don't see the point of sports games. I do not see the point in MLB 2K8 (which I assume is a baseball game) or Fifa. If I were a sports fan, I would much rather just go outside and play that sport. CoD and other shooting games are different because of the danger of death involved in the actual activity, but I'd still recommend airsofting or paintballing or hey even LASER TAG to anyone who likes FPS games. You might say "well why don't you roleplay then if you like RPGs?" To which I would reply "I do. Often. Live and tabletop."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that video games are ONLY a substitute for something you can't realistically do in real life (for example, commanding an army [though cross reference that with Warhammer and KAPOW! ] or actively killing people), I'm just saying that in instances where the real thing is so simple (Football (soccer to you) or guitar), I don't see the point in the existence of the game.

[hr]

Yeah G0-T0 had some dialogue with the Remote at the end etc but he was hardly a compelling character and I don't think even an HK-minded quest would have helped that ;D

If you think I'm cooler for playing real guitar then that's very kind of you but I'd rather be considered cool for the kind of person I am and how I act rather than the hobbies I indulge in - remember, GW brings me back down to neutral after playing guitar takes me to cool

The Abe games weren't multiplayer...

Hitman was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I can't BELIEVE I forgot Blood Money. Circus has been bad

[hr]

Okay, if you didn't guess the above was to Vendak, and this is to Rezzy.

Carnival Night, Level Four.

Yeah, so often you'd be in some kind of underwater facility and running/walking/gliding/rolling along and you'd stop and think "Hang on, I'm bigger than a skyscraper. Why the hell do scientists have HUGE corridors like these in an underwater research facility?" It was like in some levels you were human sized and others you were gargantuan.

I never multiplayer'd Forsaken.

Don't even talk to me about ninja'ing =P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Abe:
I beg to differ, I remember it well; all night on the PS1 playing Odysee, you had to select the 2 player option, you didn't play it at the same time but it was more like a turn based 2 player game.
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

Oooh when you died you swapped, yes?

I don't count that as multiplayer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Circus' Top 5 BEST & 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMES EVAR!!!

But I count it as 2 player :P
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst thing bought in a games workshop store Lord Zambia Enclave Talk 15 10 Jun 2010 04:12
Computer Games :: Graphics Over Content FTyross Serious Debate and Discussion 66 13 May 2008 11:53
Are computer games affecting children negatively? Frosty05 Serious Debate and Discussion 60 16 Sep 2007 17:51
Worst Video Game Moment (Or PC Games) Dark-Eldar Enclave Talk 7 28 Feb 2005 23:25
Is this board for computer games too? Or just board/card/ tabletop games? Restayvien Other Games 28 07 Aug 2004 11:53