Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

star wars the force unleashed
Old 07 Sep 2008, 02:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default star wars the force unleashed

Hey guys.

Have any of you been keeping tabs on this promising game?

Right now I am playing the demo and let me tell you... Man is it awesome!

It is really focussed on the force. For example, I was on a catwalk overlooking a battle between rebellion and empire soldiers (A jedi led rebel force was attacking an Empire ship yard) My orders were to kill the jedi and bring his saber back to Vader, and my training would be complete.

Another side note is, your ordered to kill everyone, to make sure your secret is kept. You can be friends with the empire, then kill them, but they catch on after a while, so I just kill them anyway.

But back to the battle. I looked at a TIE fighter hanging on its magnetic... rail... thing which stores them, unhooked it with the force, threw it at the general battle area, and the resulting explosion was intense. I then somehow (I have tried to do it again, but have failed) grabbed all the debris at once, aimed it at a rebel heavy gunner, and just tore him to shreds.

The lightsaber actually takes up one button (X for xbox) while the force are all the others. You have force push (self explanatory, but useful for opening doors!) then lightning, and of course the control objects. Still playing around though.

I lightninged an imperial storm trooper, and the lightning was conducted by his armor, and gave an AoE effect to his squad (This does not work with rebels, I've tried) then grabbed his twithing, but alive body and used it as a shield against the blaster barrage I was taking. Then threw his body at a explosive barrel with enough force to kill a couple rebel soldiers.

I've played this game for five minutes, and it is so awesome I had to tell you guys about it. But anyways... back to the game!

EDIT: Not two minutes later I have something else to share. I almost killed the last rebel soldier in this certain group, so experimented with him. I force grabed him, then slowly moved him over the rail, where he would surely fall to his death. The guy started bartering with my! "Please... please don't! I'm afraid of heights! I HAVE A DAUGHTER!" He kept talking but I just let him go. Later, i used force push and just pushed a guy over the edge. He screamed all the way down, and you could hear his voice go quiter and quiter as he fell...

Edit2: Well, the demo ends before you get to fight a jedi but... I cut an AT-ST IN HALF! VERTICALLY!
Old 07 Sep 2008, 08:51   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: star wars the force unleashed

I know, I've played the demo through tons of times. The Tie Fighters part is my favourite. I got bored of using the gantry supports to take them out, so have experimented with throwing stormtroopers into them (always fun) to just force gripping one in mid flight and smashing it into a wall repeatedly.

I can't wait for this, definately gonna get it on 360. I think the wii control would be interesting, but with the reduced quality graphics and poorer physics engine, I think I'd rather 360 it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2008, 08:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

One reason why I think it sucks.

Not. For. PC.

Bleh. Why must they make some of us suffer so?
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2008, 09:25   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Because PC's can get emulator programs?

Because they pander to the wider market of consoles, and us PC types suffer for it?

Quote:
Old 07 Sep 2008, 09:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

PC doesn't come with a controller that makes it really easy to play with?

The demo's awesome. I personally like picking them up, throwing my saber into their body, then throwing them as far as possible. You won't have a saber for a while after this, but its worth it.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2008, 19:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You can get controllers for PC or an N52 works as well.

I can't wait to get this game for Wii. It's graphics will be reduced, but the way things react should be the same. IT will be an awesome game when it comes out!

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2008, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Meeh,
I played the demo on my friends xbox
The way you move stuff is nasty..
The auto aim is a pile of big smelly poo. Why would I want to aim at another crate when there's a perfectly good trooper next to it _

The AT-AT fight is so simple its stupid.
Also AT-AT's don't contain stormtroopers. Also WHY does that chop in half but not ANYTHING ELSE

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2008, 23:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

@Tim: The fact that nothing slices in half was the only thing that was upsetting to me :P
@Grimey: The Wii version would have been AMAZING had Nintendo told LucasArts about the Motion Plus thing. It could have actually read saber movements!

Anyways. I thought the demo was pretty awesome, although honestly, using Force Grip and Push is pretty pointless when you can saber and lightning through them so easily. Especially when they have the heavy weapons guys.

Mentos=Win
Monsieur Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 08:18   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

You say that, but I had more fun throwing things around than using the sabre. It was fun, but I found it more fun to use stormtroopers as floating mines to take out Tie Fighters, or throwing rebel soldiers through 3 ties.

Of course, chucking them out windows was fun as well. And generally throwing massive crates into them,

Quote:
Old 08 Sep 2008, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

This is true. Especially chucking them out of windows :P
But I mean, with the fact that you are completely immobile while using it, it's pretty hard, in my opinion, to actually do anything with force grip while there are seven guys and a turret firing at you. Whereas, a simple saber+force lightning will kill them all.

Mentos=Win
Monsieur Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote