Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Yahtzee does EVE online

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online

What do you think about his comments?
Old 05 Sep 2008, 15:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Yahtzee does EVE online

He's right on when it comes to the travel times, the missions, and the skills.

Can't say that i really agree with anything else though.

Certainly made me roflmfao.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 16:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodStained Hurricane
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online

He's right. Of course he's right. He's never wrong.

He picks out the bits of games that are its worst aspects and annihilates them. The fact is the average person doesn't look as far as he does.

He has panned games I like. Doesn't bother me. I don't need Yahtzee's recommendation to enjoy Smash Bros Brawl. But despite the fact I like it, I realise that all his comments on it are indeed legitimate. He doesn't make anything up, he just points out what is there that most of us are oblivious to.

If you like EVE, fair enough. Play it. Don't get offended that Yahtzee doesn't like it (I'm not saying you are). But to many of us it is just unnecessary complexity and I particularly liked the "A second job that you pay for' analogy.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Nothing, because I don't listen to them. I don't care what he thinks, because I watched a few videos and disagreed with what he said. Furthermore I find his tone arrogant and annoying to the point where I want to say; "If all games are this bad, make your own one and sell it globally and get everyone to like it!"

Quality is a matter of taste.

I enjoy EVE because oddly I don't play it that much. I don't travel, I don't wait for things. I get on with the rest of my life and should I have some time to spare I do a bit on EVE.

I play RTS for my competitive nature and to keep myself 'on the bounce'.

I play FPS with my mates for a bit of fun (makes an odd drinking game if everytime you get a kill you have to have another half shot of spirits, evens the playing field somewhat)

I play Warhammer for the socail aspect (and love of space stuff).

I don't play games for the sake of the game, hence someone elses opinion of 'the game' doesn't warrent my attention. If it doesn't fit what I want from a game it gathers dust even if it might be a 'good game'.

Apparently the last GTA was a 'good game'. Well I wanted to smash stuff up and have good old fashioned police chases, but the game world didn't jell with me.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 22:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Everything he says is true.. he admits when he knows its his own personal preference, like with fighting games. But everything he says is the truth.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 22:50   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Meh, pretty much.

Ok, to make the post more than a few characters, some of the things he was right on, some he was wrong or not experiencing the whole perspective.

I find Yahtzee to be mildly amusing, in the same way I find arrogant people amusing, or monkeys. What he says elicits a chuckle or two, but if I want to know what a game is actually like, he is the last place I would ever look for a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2008, 01:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
Quote:
Nothing, because I don't listen to them. I don't care what he thinks, because I watched a few videos and disagreed with what he said. Furthermore I find his tone arrogant and annoying to the point where I want to say; "If all games are this bad, make your own one and sell it globally and get everyone to like it!"
He does, not fully released games, but he has made some of the highest rated flash and short games ever. Since he isn't a programmer.

I find his comments spot on, sure the average person won;t look as far as he does, but not everyone is your average person are they? Every single game he has reviewed I agreed with. Sure they are good games, but the poor bits are bring a game down, he points them all out an obliterates them.
Old 06 Sep 2008, 03:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
I find his comments spot on, sure the average person won;t look as far as he does, but not everyone is your average person are they? Every single game he has reviewed I agreed with. Sure they are good games, but the poor bits are bring a game down, he points them all out an obliterates them.
Does he ever point out the good parts of a game?
Until I see someone point out both, a review from them is worth sod-all imho.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2008, 04:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
Quote:
Does he ever point out the good parts of a game?
Until I see someone point out both, a review from them is worth sod-all imho.
Portal, Crysis and a couple others I seem to remember him saying had good points and going over them a bit. Portal he said he loved it and yes that was weird for him to say. Still, mostly he tends to drown it in his pessimism.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2008, 10:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

And of course the Prince of Persia series =P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote