Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Just had to share.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 00:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Just had to share.

Oh, just had to share this bit of action form the LARP last week. One for the record book on dumb things done. You're going to need a bit of an understanding of Vampire:The Masquerade to get it though.

Just to set the scene, event is at court of the Prince and the matter of discussion before all is fighting off the Sabbat that are battling for control of the city. One of the things suggested by the Seneshal is to coordinate attacks via Influence amongst the various Kindred. The current topic is how to best do this, various methods being discussed from the idea of a harpy like postion that watches Influence to a sort of council, all of which are getting varying degrees of suspicion.

One of the Nosferatu pipes up that the big issue with the various methods seems to be controlling how many know such vital info and voices the opinion that having one person rather than many might make it much easier to figure out who abused the knowledge would be bettern than a committee. A point that has favour with a few Nosferatu.

At this point a young Gangrel stands up and proceeds to lecture the Nosferatu clan as a whole that "Knowledge is Power" and the fact that power can corrupt. The Nosferatu of course stopped listening sometime after him saying that knowledge was power and started trying not to crack up while looking at each other as if to confirm that they all heard him right.

For the rest of the night all it took to crack up the Nosferatu was mentioning "Did you know? Knowledge is Power!" to them. On a side note the Harpy at not much convincing from the Nos stripped said Gangrel of all status for a month.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Just had to share.

Hehehe, brilliant :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2008, 20:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I love how it's only Rafe and me who get this... =P

Although I'm a Requiem man.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2008, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I've played both to be honest, the best a a fusion of the two that I liked.

For those that don't know, Nosferatu are reknown for being information brokers. Thier source of power in the World of darkness in knowing things and who those things would be valuble to.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 06:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

We've played The Masquerade here a few months. We loved it. I'd like to give LARPing a try one of these days. :P

Question: Do you need a character shet for LARPing? lol.
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2008, 09:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Yeah, you do Luy. Most of the time you won't be needing it if the Storyteller's any good, but you always should have it in case it comes to combat or whatever.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2008, 09:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

LARPing? Pff, only LARPing I found interesting are the mock swordfights they had at army bases that my dad told me about. :P

Don't know if they still do that though.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

This might help if your looking for a LARP to try:

http://nerolarp.com/Chapters/Chapters.htm

Mind, not all of them get listed there. All my games are in Alberta with links to Calgary and Saskatoon.

Mock swordfighting/nerfgun warfare, tend to be refered to as boffer weapon games.

Anyhow, so far the Storytellers around here have been good. Only time I've seen the character sheets out alot was in raids the werewolf game does.