Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Let's play E-Republik! (also known as EVE on earth)
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003
Default Let's play E-Republik! (also known as EVE on earth)

....or Second Life without the deviant sex.

E-Republik is a free online game being developed by a group of politic/business/war ethusiasts in Europe. It's likened to EVE because the entire community, economy and political landscape is determined only by the players. You start as a humble citizen within a modern nation state and aspire to change the world.

I have with me here five invites into the game. And note you really do need an invite to play this game, since there's currently a queue of 10,000 people around trying to get into the game. (There's around 20,000 citizens in game). What I need are dedicated players (meaning 15 minutes a day). I need a small core of members to basically carve up an empire with me.

I'm currently trying as hard as I can to earn some money and connections around the world. I wish to eventually take a group with me into a small underpopulated country, where we can establish our own powerbase and really make a difference. Greece meanwhile is currently on the frontline to the almight FIST alliance's war path. This alliance is made of the strongest Asian Military powers (Turkey, Pakistan, Japan and some others) and has taken over China, Israel and many other countries, as well as currently making war against Greece and Bulgaria. It's a war we cannot win, so I do wish to get out soon.

So then, anybody interested?

I know it's a rather confusing concept to explain so please ask any questions you have and I'll try to answer. Also I will not be handing out the invites individually. Only when I have a strong enough responce I'll actually hand them out.

For anybody new just joining us:

Ask for an invite. The queue is like 10,000 people long and you'll never get it that way. Most members are happy to give an invite as long as you make a commitment to at least join.

Many players in TO are commited to our homegrown Corporation: Calgar&Johnsons Group. Watch out for any share issues so that you can own a part of this company! Also message the user "Calgar-Johnsons Group" in game for an employment opportunity with one of our operations.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Let's play E-Republik! (also known as EVE on earth)

What are the system requirements and download size?
My laptops can't handle EVE, and I want something similar that it may be able to run. Likewise, my bandwidth will struggle if its over 1GB.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 12:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Dude it's text based. You need like an almight Pentium 233MGhz

It only takes around 15 minutes each day to play on average. Much less if you don't feel like participating much that day.

Old 24 Jul 2008, 12:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

ill join if you want

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 12:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

One problem is that the Greek economy is undergoing hyper inflation right now so the money I'm earning is kinda worthless. :\

edit: okay, forget this, Turkey has just conquered Ionian Isles, Central Greece and Thessaly. Within 17 hours Free Greece will be no more. We'll be subjugated by the Turks, I'll lose my job most likely. My money won't be worth anything due to hyper-inflation.

It's time for drastic measures. If you want an invite post up your email and I'll invite you. I need the gold right now (not useless Greek dollars) to buy myself a few weapons, provisions and moving tickets to get myself out of Greece.

I suppose I'll go to South Africa and become an auxillary fighter in their war against Indonesia. (Indonesia niitiated a war of aggression on Australia and has conquered them. Thus my hatred for them )

Old 24 Jul 2008, 16:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I dunno if you'd want to waste an Invite on me.

I would like to play, however.

Out of Interest, what are the major countries doing right now? Or any countries?
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 16:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I got my main man (meaning, some random dude in IRC) to hook me up with a moving ticket. I'll stay out the week in Greece to get my bonus, then I'll resign from my job and the party and move.

Scoutninja:

Right now, South Africa and an alliance of nations including USA are fighting against Indonesia.

Turkey is on the war path, they've nearly conquered Greece and took some land from Bulgaria/Romania as well.

I don't know, too many nations for me to go into like that. Who do you want to know about?

Old 24 Jul 2008, 20:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

now this txt base game is it we make up stuff or is it like a browser game?
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I can give you 30 minutes a day no problem, not to mention it sounds hella fun. I'll PM you my email address.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2008, 01:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Remeber once I invite you guys you guys should all invite five other members of your own. You get gold for inviting people.

Invite sent to Geeky.

Anybody else can post up their email if they want to.