Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

free mmorpg ARCHLORD
Old 16 Mar 2008, 06:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default free mmorpg ARCHLORD

not as good as world of warcraft or guildwars but this game is totally free just a download and your playing the only thing is a little bit of lag from time to time and a little choppy but ok graphics on the people not really on the scenery but basically anyone can play its kool how you can kill people on top of a horse thats what i like about it sacraficing the jumping to being able to attack on a mount deffinetly worth it imo but hey its totally free my name in game is exodist only lvl 5 right now lol just started playing
Old 16 Mar 2008, 07:41   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: free mmorpg ARCHLORD

Exodist, for your own sake, please take a little more time with your posts. At least use periods and the spell-check. They are there for your protection. :huh:
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 23:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

And, also, could you provide a link, please?

Although I doubt my mac can play it anyway.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 23:43   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Just google "Archlord". It has a fairly decent following. They switched their model over to free-to-play last year, as I recall. No luck on the Mac, though. Not the world's most complex MMORPG, but it had some interesting ideas.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 05:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

Yeah I have been playing this one on and off for a few months:

Some interesting features in the game:

The health bar and mana bar have tabs you can slide to auto use potions. You use mass amounts of potions in this game. (but its ok because every drop give you potions it seems)

Alchemy allows you to turn into a large variety of the monsters you can kill after you collect things from them.

4 ways to loot a body, collecting drops, ransacking, carving and skinning all have different possible items.

Rouge system much like Lineage 2, MU online, or 2 Moons. (yeah I play a lot of free MMO's)

Guild system allows you to kill without rouge penalty members of hostile guilds.

Must be lvl 30 to player kill outside of a battle square.

Downside Your going to average between 100 to 200 high lvl monster kills to lvl once you hit lvl 23, these are creatures same lvl as you or higher usually and it can get easy to die and lose 3% xp. The game sells in game items for a reasonable price ($15 is more then a few months worth of double xp and drop rate increases) and its setup so that buying these in game items are a pretty big advantage. (especially when you look at how it takes half the time to lvl if you spend real money on the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 06:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

are you lvl 15 or 25? and im on the humen side. if thats a side or are their 3 sides to the 3 factions as each will be its own the moonelfs, orcs, and humens. just wondering
Old 18 Mar 2008, 16:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

Well right now the character is lvl 27, almost lvl 28. Thats just an ald screen shot. I had a human character for a while but he was only at lvl 8 and I decided to make room for an Orc Warlock.

What server do you play on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 02:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

buldagarrh or the one with a b lol
Old 27 Mar 2008, 04:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I played this game when it first came out, my opinion its ok for a free MMORPG. I would rate it at a 6/10. I would rather play FlyFF than Archlord to tell you the truth, the only thing I like about the game is the Mounted combat and the "Archlord" persona you can don after spending a whole month away from society. IMO I would rather pay the 15$ a month to play World of Warcraft, plus, it doesn't take you to grind EVERY single level in WoW to level up. Quests are fun too XD
takahashikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

yea i played wow but it was just too much to try and get your moneys worth out of it and i thought it was kinda cartooned out a little bit. lol o and i love that about archlord as well.