Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Oblivion Help!
Old 02 Jan 2008, 13:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Oblivion Help!

So... I've been playing Oblivion since the holidays (great game), and I've run into a bit of trouble. Since I hear some of you fine gentlemen here play this game, I need your help.

Long story short, I'm turning into a vampire. In order to remove the curse, I need to get to a church, but I'm constantly being wounded, making fast travel impossible, and the nearest church is about 10 minutes away. I'm guessing that to stop myself from being wounded I need to 'suck somebody's blood' (already tried dropping the garlic I was carrying :P) and I know this is possible since the stats screen has an entry for 'Necks Bitten'. I can't seem to found out how to do this, though. Thanks.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 13:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to ShasVre_Koyaan_KiVak
Default Re: Oblivion Help!

You have to find someone sleeping to suck their blood. If you go inside then you shouldn't get hurt as it is the sunlight that is damaging you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
:sadnshocked:
Pedophile, bisexual, weirdo banana!
ShasVre_Koyaan_KiVak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 16:18   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

You haven't been totally clear hear - are you a full bloodied vampire or do you just have the disease that turns you into one??

If you are a full bloodied vampire get inside and wait till nightime, step outside and fast travel.

If you aren't a proper vampire and only have the pre-cursor disease then you need to figure out what is hurting you and solve it - ie tell us!!

All that biting the necks does is revert the state of your vampirism back to the lowest level - allowing you to walk around in daylight and no body realises that you are a vamp, however you loose all the associated powers from the higher states of vampirism.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 20:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If your a full vamp going to a church won't help. If you just have the precursor disease(poly.. hymophelia something) then you don't necessarily need a church. Anything that curses disease will do. There are a lot of outside shrines that do just fine, or you can buy a cure disease potion. There are also a lot of ingredients that could solve your problems but unless your an alchemist and already spend time flower picking I wouldn't bother with that route.

If you just have the disease then it will simply say you have the poly thing. Don't worry, as long as you don't 'wait' or 'sleep' it won't kick in. It takes three days for the disease to turn you and requires that you sleep. So don't worry to much, just don't sleep or wait till you get it cured and you won't turn into a vampire.

If you are already a vampire there are a few things to know. There are 4 stages of vampirism, when you look in your stats it will say vampirism x%. 25% is stage one, 50% stage 2 and so on. Everyday you go without drinking someone's blood you go up a stage. If you drink someone's blood you go straight back to stage one. There are stat boosts and various extra spells you get for each stage, however stage 2 and up you take damage from being in sunlight and people don't like you. You'll have to get their disposition up to 100 just for them to talk to you so I would suggest staying at stage one . To drink blood just find someone sleeping and sneak up on them, when you click on them it will say drink blood or pickpocket. Homeless people are great snacks, just make sure to find the ones who sleep off by themselves.

Curing vampirism after you have the full curse is a whole lot harder then curing the poly... disease. There are three ways.
1. revert to an old save game...
2. there is a very long drawn out quest you can do to solve it, can't remember who you talk to to get it started but you end up doing missions for the count of skingrad so I at least know he is involved.
3. Buy the deepscorne hallow expansion. Its the assassin's house upgrade. Once you have that go to the location, and find a room with a shrine looking thing in a pool of water in the middle of the room and red crystals growing on the walls. Pick up one of the red crystals, I think they are called pureblood salts or something similar and then touch the shrine. It will cure the vampirism. If your on a 360 then you can download the expansion off xbox live and it is not to expensive, I think it should be like 400 gamer points. If you've got it on a computer then you would need either the shivering isle or crusader expansion pack, both rather expensive.

Good luck, and being a vampire isn't so bad.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 00:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thanks for all the help guys. I used a cure potion and just got over the thing.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 04:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright, good, if you do get the disease fully there's a house on a river near Cheydinhall with a woman inside, she's the one to talk to if that happens. The quest is VERY long, but it cures the disease permanantly.

I found this funny, as it turns vampirism from an accursed affliction to something akin to the chicken pox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 20:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I found this funny, as it turns vampirism from an accursed affliction to something akin to the chicken pox.
Although, honestly, if you can't cure it once you get it, that would suck for most people. I however, like being a vampire, and got the real deal on purpose :P it's a lot more fun and challenging for me.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 00:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza

Try sleeping in a tent outside while your're a vampire, if you sleep through the day and get hurt by the sun, you'll die, then wake up at night because sleeping heals you. ;D
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 01:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Old 04 Jan 2008, 20:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Buckton98

I've got a problem with it myself, I'm gathering soldiers for Bruma and I'm trying to close the gate in Leyawiin, I closed a random gate, which took me about and hour cause its the one with 3 towers and levers etc. Then I saw the REAL portal and I went inside, I've been wandering about this place for about 1 hour and a half, going round in cirlces and being ripped to bits by fire bolts coming from those horrible spikey sentry towers. My best description would be, one tower in which you go inside and theres a broken lift at the bottom, dead bodies are hanging from chains and when you get to the top theres a Magicka Essence thing. When I g out of a door marked Oblivion Wastelands theres a long thin bridge leading to another tower, there theres a prisoner in a cage who I released and he... fell to his death. When I go out another door in the second tower theres a big gate, now I'm thinking does the prisoner open the gate? So I went to load my autosave but I saved over it instead, I mean OH MY GOD. [Smashing my TV to bits with my 360 controller]. Is there a switch to open that damn gate?

Long post, sorry.
Buckton98 is offline   Reply With Quote