Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Who's getting Call of Duty 4?
Old 17 Jul 2007, 02:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Who's getting Call of Duty 4?

I am a huge CoD fan. I almost did a backflip when I saw the trailers and then the walkthrough video from E3. I went and reserved a copy today(along with GTA IV). Anyone else planning on getting it and what do you think about them changing to "Modern Warfare"?
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 03:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Who's getting Call of Duty 4?

Definatly. I just have to decide between my wii or my pc or my xbox 360 lol

Yeah, I think they wore out ww2, so it will be nice with something new, you know what I mean?
Old 17 Jul 2007, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Truth be told, I'm not really all that impressed... it's Call of Duty, sure, but with the way CoD 3 was I expect this to be like Battlefield with a little CoD seasoning on top... but my brother will probably end up buying it and I'll end up playing it ;D.

If you want to talk E3, CoD took most of the categories it was in for G4's "Best Of..." awards... But I think there were games that deserved it more than CoD 4. Personally, I can't wait for Mass Effect. AND on top of that, I'm a little irked that I have to wait a whole year to play Fable 2 (which will probably turn into 2 years if I know Peter Molyneaux).

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 04:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
Truth be told, I'm not really all that impressed... it's Call of Duty, sure, but with the way CoD 3 was I expect this to be like Battlefield with a little CoD seasoning on top... but my brother will probably end up buying it and I'll end up playing it ;D.

If you want to talk E3, CoD took most of the categories it was in for G4's "Best Of..." awards... But I think there were games that deserved it more than CoD 4. Personally, I can't wait for Mass Effect. AND on top of that, I'm a little irked that I have to wait a whole year to play Fable 2 (which will probably turn into 2 years if I know Peter Molyneaux).
Mate, people have been waiting for will wrights spore for about... oh three years now? and it is coming out in the middle of 2008 possible early 2009!
Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:02   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I won't be getting it. I just can't stand the entire: "rawwwr! I am going to win the war single handedly! Muhahaha!"

However. Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are on my hit list for next year.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 13:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, Fallout 3 looks great.

I may be getting this. As Silk said, I really don't like the unrealism in it in that sense, but it still looks pretty promising from an article I read about it in Game Informer.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 14:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, I hate those games where if you do nothing your team fails... badly. The AI should be as complex as possible, and they should actual kill eachother!
Old 17 Jul 2007, 16:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via ICQ to cps30hawks Send a message via AIM to cps30hawks Send a message via MSN to cps30hawks Send a message via Yahoo to cps30hawks

Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears both have really smart squad systems in the sense that if you actually do do nothing, your team doesn't fail still. In fact, in Rainbow Six I find that my squad typically takes the enemies out before I even spot them.

I'm going to get CoD 4, and I'm also going to get Fallout 3, Fable 2, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, and Mass Effect.

I'm not addicted to video games, I swear.
cps30hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 17:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm definitely getting CoD4. I'm soon going to go and pre-order bioshock (cannot wait for this game, it looks absolutely amazing) and Halo 3. Call of Duty can wait because I've got so many games I need (yes...I do need them...don't look at me like that): Assassin's creed, Halo 3, Bioshock, mass effect, the orange box and a few more that I can't remember at the moment. I'm not getting too exited about fallout 3 because I don't want to be exited and waiting for that long. The game I'm most exited for, though, is bioshock. All these bloody games to get...my wallet hurts already...

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 21:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

The thing that really got me excited is that Infinity Ward made it and not Treyarch. Treyarch was responsible for CoD3, which was a decent game but not nearly as good as CoD2. Assassin's creed is another game that looks amazing, though it will be out in November so that may just have to be a christmas gift. Fallout 3 is also looking to be good but I think that is a long ways off, Fall 2008 I believe. Mass Effect looks cool, even though I'm not a huge RPG gamer. I think I'll check it out, though.

I'm sure there is, I just haven't looked, but is there a thread for people's 360 gamertags?
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote