Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Attention all Warmachine/Hordes Players
Old 21 Jun 2007, 18:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Attention all Warmachine/Hordes Players

I have recently picked up the game again (this time for Hordes). The first time I tried to get into Warmachine, he got me to sign up to this site that located other Warmachine players in our area (the name escapes me), does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, this next part is mainly for Hordes players. I play Skorne, I've bought the warpack and got the Basilisk Drake (I plan on pairing it with the Krea in the near future). My main problem is a friend of mine's Circle Orboros force. He runs a Warp Wolf, 2 of the little two-headed ones, a squad of 4 tharn ravagers (including the sergeant), and his caster is Kruegar. A lot of the games have been close but he wins. my main problem is probably not using my warbeasts as effecitvely as I could be. Blow for blow, my heavy warbeast should have no problem dealing with the warp wolf, especially if I can pop an Abuse off of Morghoul or use Prescience off of one of my Cyclopses. The Ravagers will f*** up my day if I leave them alone for too long, which is why I usually couple the Drake's spray attack with a charging Cyclops and that usually does the job well enough. Using Morghoul's feat has helped me a bit but not so much as to tip the balance, just to prolong the inevitable. Now my Titan Gladiator is usually the last to die (and for good reason), but by the time I've dealt with his Warpwolf he's weakened and usually has no support other than my caster (which is pretty much no support). What I'd like to know is if there's something I'm doing wrong or if there's another caster or unit that would better suit this game (roughly 350 points). Thanks.

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Attention all Warmachine/Hordes Players

I've just started Warmachine (I LOVE IT!) and I don't know anything about Hordes so I can't help you :-[

However the Privateer Press website has a forum that is very good and helpful. I'd got check it out. Its possible that a familiar former G-mod from here might give you some tactical advice over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote