Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BF2142 Career Points help
Old 10 Apr 2007, 11:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default BF2142 Career Points help

Well, I got the game...

And I am totally confused.

Since my internet sucks on this game, as it is soo slow when playing online, I want to play Single Player. The only problem is, I'm not sure if you can get these weird Career Points in Single Player. It doesn't outline how to get them properly in the manual, methinks.

So, I played a bit of single player, and it didn't seem I was getting anywhere until...

Following 3 victories for the PAC in a row, I suddenly got boosted up to 32 points! Before it was 1. I don't know how this happened because it says in the manual, to quote:

"NOTE: You can only score points during online matches on Ranked servers."- page 11 of the BF2142 manual."

Which is totally unfair.

If I CAN gain points in single player, let me know. I don't want to have to play multiplayer too much as my internet sucks and I only get 4 hours of computer time per day.

Thanks for your time. Please help me.
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 13:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: BF2142 Career Points help

BF games are meant for online play, i think you can get points in SP but as soon as you log out they go, anyway its easier to get them while online, in SP if you try to sneak up behind someone because there not a real player they probably know your there and turn round and shoot you. it is not unfair that you can only score points online, its an online game, so you can choose to play against an AI on a difficulty setting you choose, play against other players in non-ranked games where you dont gain anything or loose anything, its just for fun. or if you want you can play ranked games where you can gain or loose points ect, some people might not want to go up in rank[ i can't see why though] maybe if your internet slow you can organize a game with some people from here, i play[i do quite well, even come in top 3[usually 1st] on most servers., atleast people from here will know about your internet and might go easy on you.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 07:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War (formerly Fire Dragon)
Well, I got the game...

And I am totally confused.

Since my internet sucks on this game, as it is soo slow when playing online, I want to play Single Player. The only problem is, I'm not sure if you can get these weird Career Points in Single Player. It doesn't outline how to get them properly in the manual, methinks.

So, I played a bit of single player, and it didn't seem I was getting anywhere until...

Following 3 victories for the PAC in a row, I suddenly got boosted up to 32 points! Before it was 1. I don't know how this happened because it says in the manual, to quote:

"NOTE: You can only score points during online matches on Ranked servers."- page 11 of the BF2142 manual."

Which is totally unfair.

If I CAN gain points in single player, let me know. I don't want to have to play multiplayer too much as my internet sucks and I only get 4 hours of computer time per day.

Thanks for your time. Please help me.
No, I can easily fill the entire bar of points to rank up from privet in a single offline game, but you will never get to the next rank offline, it just caps off. You can though grab the bots gear, they have moderate upgrades. If you turn up the difficulty its a little fun, and remember you cant use F1-F4 etc to switch positions in vehicles, this also pushes a bot from his seat. So you can F1 to F2 to switch from flying a fighter to being the gunner, and using the guided missiles. Then switch back to dogfight the other fighter planes.

If you do find somewhere to play online or get a better internet connection look me up or PM me on these forums with your game handle.

My game tag is Bobthedead, account name is MasterTang0

I play recon, use the Lambert mostly because I can snipe with that just as easily switching to single shot and its pretty accurate and powerfull. I have a friend who is going to be Medic for me and another guy who plays as a 2nd recon, so we need a support player, I can 2nd as a an engineer, I already have the Heavy Anti-vehicle Rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2007, 11:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

online is easier than most people think, i used to play when my pc lagged quite alot and occasionally crashed. but i did fine. if it crashes while your playing it loggs you out, you keep all the points you got in that game which is good[if its ranked]
Old 13 Apr 2007, 11:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, on BFHQ for some reason it says I have 64/40 points and the next rank is private. Even if it says I gain or lose points in single player nothing happens to that. I'll try and get a ranked server and score a few points before my internet gives out.

I LOVE knifing people.
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well then find a rank knife only game, i did that once[although i didnt kno it was ranked] it was good....everyone gathered in one spot, pulled out their knifes and ran towards each other...hehe...for some reason i got kicked :sadnshocked:
Old 13 Apr 2007, 21:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

Yes make sure you play on ranked servers, that will save you a lot of time wondering why you didnt rank up when your points seem to higher then you need. I get that glitch sometimes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote