Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your most memorable game moment EVER!
Old 06 Apr 2007, 14:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to GueVesaUnit
Default Your most memorable game moment EVER!

Well, the title is pretty much self-explanatory, isn't it? Just post your moment of complete awe and inspiration ever while playing a game. I'll give you an example...

The first time I played Mortal Kombat, when my opponent was almost dead, and that heavy voice went like:

[size=18pt][glow=red,2,300]FINISH HIM!![/glow][/size]

And then I ripped the poor sucker's spine out, and he was like:

[size=18pt][glow=red,2,300]FATALITY[/glow][/size]

I still say that whenever I can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
If we were all normal, we wouldn't be talking on this forum every single bloody day, instead of breathing in some fresh air once in a while. Anyone remember what the sun looks like? I think it was a sphere...
[quote=Ineluki]
Weirdo? Please, you're as normal as I am. ...wait, what?
GueVesaUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2007, 14:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Re: Your most memorable game moment EVAR!

Me, my brother, my friend, and his sister were playing Medal of Honor. It was a team deathmatch (in sniper square), and we were all snipers. Needless to say, me and my friend were owning. Everytime we would kill them, we would taunt "BOOM! Headshot!". They were getting pretty annoyed from being beaten so bad, and of the taunts. So, my friends sister takes aim, kills someone, and yells, "BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!!!", without realising she had shot my brother :P

For awe, also the first time I played through KOTOR's 1 and 2. Those turning points (especially figuring out your Revan) are amazing!

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2007, 18:03   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
For awe, also the first time I played through KOTOR's 1 and 2. Those turning points (especially figuring out your Revan) are amazing!
I hate you so much... I just bought that game to know the story of the first one.

My most memorable moment in video gaming would be on Halo 2. A team mate ran round the corner screaming "storm the front! STORM THE FRONT!" a second later he returned with a horde of plasma fire following him "don't storm the front! don't storm the front"

I laughed so loud!!

Oh and when i levelled up on fallout 2 and there was a perk called "karma Sutra: when it comes to sex you wrote the book!"

I want that game agaun Sooo badly!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2007, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Mav, I had something similar.
Me & my brother against 2 friends on Sniper Square. We were killing them really badly...then they switched their weapons to the Heavy Weapon class (with the huge machine guns) and started randomly firing everywhere...needless to say, it worked, and although we won they ended up killing us quite a bit :P It was really funny.

Ummm...I can't remember any others at the mo'.
Old 07 Apr 2007, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via ICQ to cps30hawks Send a message via AIM to cps30hawks Send a message via MSN to cps30hawks Send a message via Yahoo to cps30hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfreak
Me, my brother, my friend, and his sister were playing Medal of Honor. It was a team deathmatch (in sniper square), and we were all snipers. Needless to say, me and my friend were owning. Everytime we would kill them, we would taunt "BOOM! Headshot!". They were getting pretty annoyed from being beaten so bad, and of the taunts. So, my friends sister takes aim, kills someone, and yells, "BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!!!", without realising she had shot my brother :P
That's me and my sister btw.

Hmm, besides that moment, one of my favorite moments in video games was the first time me and Mav fought the Berserker in Gears of War, we were both running around screaming everytime he charged us, it was so friggin fun.

I also loved killing 2 guys with one shotgun shot online. And the plot twist in KOTOR 1 was awesome.

Hmm, I can't think of anything else right now.
cps30hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 03:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Call of duty two online. I am Germans versus Russians in Moscow. The Russian team is taunting us, boasting that they have better guns, which is kinda true. Bu they didn't have me >

One minute left, there ahead by six. I yell over the mic "Follow me! For Germany! Make them pay!" So me and my team charge. Were met with tons of machine gun fire. Grenades are hitting around me, but i keep sprinting. I pause, shoot twice with my mp 44, and kill an enemy sniper. A grenade lands by my feet, and so i pick it back up and chuck it randomly, got two more kills. Then ran around some ruins, a guy ambushes me. I shot him six times in the chest, then smashed his face in, and kept running. Reloading, a ran down the hill, i gunned down the last three enemies in the area, before getting sniped. My team won by one kill because of me.
Old 07 Apr 2007, 04:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

When I showed Gears to my friends and let them play it, Berserker was hilarious.

Quinn:Chip? Where's it at?
Me:Just keep walkin' Quinn.
*Berserker busts through wall*
Quinn:OH CRAP! MOVE! JOHNNY, MOVE!
*Johnny is so scared he doesn't move and is flattened*
Quinn:I'm trying to run but I'm stuck to a wall!*smoosh*

Then the game reloads and they're at that very point where she busts through....

Then there was a time in Halo 2, Blood gulch 2(renames suck), Kill limit 50, Quinn is in the open running from Thomas, who's in a ghost. Thomas and I are both at 49 kills. I'm about to snipe Quinn when Thomas barrels over the hill toward him. I already had the shot lined up, but Tom's head just so happend to get in the way. I fired anyway, and I ended up clipping the back of his head as he went over. We still rag about that match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 04:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Getting UT to run. God damned sprockets.
the_vilest_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 07:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Although not my most memorable:

Firewarrior (2 player): i was sitting in a really enclosed space, when suddenly my superior shooter mate sprints around the corner and launches a rocket at me. I ran foward and jumped, clearing the rocket and killing him with my bolter.

SW Battlefront 2: Me and my mate recorded this particular level on his vcr so we got to watch a replay of this moment. I was an assualt clone trooper and he was an ordinary clone trooper. A magna guard snuck up behind my mate, so i fired a rocket at my mate. It locked on with less than a second to spare, narrowly curving around my mate and killing the magna guard. My mate was kinda pissed off though that i almost killed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Hive Tyrant Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 11:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

On Red Faction 2 my friend and I always play on team arena as a team against two hard bots with sniper rifles. Needless to say it's quite tense because everyone is armed with a one-shot-kill weapon. We somehow became obsessed with the idea of winning all 7 games in a row. After around 30 attempts and lots of 6-1 results we finally got there and then it was like the enemies bubble had suddenly burst because we ended winning 22 games in a row alternating between snipers and rail drivers.
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote